NCAA Football Early Looks and thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Football Early Looks and thoughts

A few games that jump off the floor (Carpet's view)

K State + 3.0 at WV: When I first saw this line I had to double check it. Does WV know how to spell the word defense? I am sure they do, but they sure don't play any defense. They better learn fast vs a potential Heisman QB at the helm for K State. K State can spell the word defense and play it.

USC -40.5 vs Colorado: Has USC beat any team this year and covered 40.5 the answer is NO. Colorado losing to AZ State last week 51-17 has drove this line sky high.

Is Colorado that bad? The answer is Yes they are. The real question is will USC cover 40.5? They have not all year and I do not expect them to shut out Colorado. If I had to pick I would take the dog.

BYU + 13.5 at ND: It's that time of the year, leaves are changing fall is in the air and the gold helmets out of South Bend are feeling pretty good about things. It is also about this time of the year when ND implodes without warning or reason. It is inevitable.

BYU is no slouch and they should be able to move the ball on ND, this could be my upset of the week straight up. ND will be surprised at the speed of this BYU team on both sides of the ball.

More to follow:

Feel free my friends to provide your insight and thoughts on any game you would like,
    Last edited by Carpet; 10-15-2012, 08:50 PM.

LSU -3 @ TX A&M: A&M's QB is very good, however, this freshman QB has never seen a defense this strong and fast in his life. He won't be putting up crazy numbers against this team. Time for a little humility for this youngin'.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
      LSU -3 @ TX A&M: A&M's QB is very good, however, this freshman QB has never seen a defense this strong and fast in his life. He won't be putting up crazy numbers against this team. Time for a little humility for this youngin'.
      You make a very interesting case TaxMan, I do have one question. What is LSU record on the road outside of the SEC this year?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
        You make a very interesting case TaxMan, I do have one question. What is LSU record on the road outside of the SEC this year?
        A&M is SEC this year.

On the road, they lost @ FL 14-6 and beat Auburn 12-10.

All the other games were home games.

Comment

One game that caught my eye is on a team that is smoke n mirrors 5-0 and ranked #21. Cinncinati Bear Cats.

They have not played on the road yet and 2 of their wins are against Fordham and Delaware State. They did beat Vat Tech, but they are not good, and smoked Mia-oh and Pitt.

First road game AT Toledo who is 6-1 and has put up some points. Thier loss was AT Arizona.

I think Toledo keeps this close or wins and probably will be my Dog of the week.

I also like South Carolina to bounce back and beat Florida in the swamp +3.

More to come as I look at the card.

Comment

Like that Toledo play as well. I agree with your same points about Cincinnati. A tad bit overrated!

Comment

Not that Cinnci is a power house on the defensive side of the ball, fact is they play a much better defense than the rockets

Comment

Locked in 3 more...

TCU +3 over Texas Tech....Let down for tech here on the road. I think TCU is better off without their druggy QB.

Central Michigan +3 VS. Ball State...CMU at home and they are a good team with good WR. Ask Iowa. CMU SU here.

Arizona STate +10 over Oregon---tough test for ducks. 10 too many points to pass up for Oregon's first roady.

Comment

SOLID JOB BOYS ON TODAY'S GAMES!

Comment

Excellent!

Thread got buried. I needed it. I liked BYU and LSU but got scared off by the LSU -3.5 hook and when BYU dipped below 14. I did get BYU/ND under 41, but took South Carolina +3.5. Ouch!

I've got Arizona and Oregon State helping to heal my wounds tonight, so far.

Comment

Working...
                    X