World Series - Game 2 - Bumgarner vs Fister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Series - Game 2 - Bumgarner vs Fister

The Tigers will face another left-handed pitcher tonight but this one has struggled in the postseason.
    Bumgarner 16-11 3.37 regular season, 0-2 11.25 post-season
    Both post-season starts were at home. He gave up 4 runs on 7 hits to Cincinnati and lasted just 4.1 innings. He
    gave up 6 runs on 8 hits to St Louis and lasted just 3.2 innings. Over his last 9 starts he is 2-6 and in the 6 losses
    he has given up at least 4 runs every time and has only lasted past the 4th inning twice.
    Fister 10-10 3.45 regular season, 0-0 1.35 post-season
    Fister is 4-2 over his last 9 starts and has lasted 58 innings going into the 7th or later 4 times. He has given up an
    avg of just 1.7 runs per start.

Current line,
    Detroit -116 o7
    San Francisco +108 u7

- The Tigers finished 14 games above .500 this season, but went just 26-25 against left-handed starting pitchers this year, compared to 62-49 against right-handers. They batted 22 points lower against left-handers (.253) than righties (.275).
    - History is not on the Tigers' side, as eight of the last nine and 13 of the past 15 Game 1 winners have gone on to win the World Series. They are now 2-8-1 in World Series openers, but the last six occasions Detroit has lost Game 1, it has gone on to win Game 2.
    - Fister has been dominant through his first two postseason starts, but has nothing to show for it, as he has yet to receive a decision despite allowing just two runs in 13 1/3 frames
    - Opposing him will be struggling left-hander Madison Bumgarner, who has pitched to a 11.25 ERA this postseason. A 16-game winner during the regular season Bumgarner has lost both of his playoff starts and has looked bad doing so, surrendering 10 runs in only eight innings.

Considering how hot the Giants bats have been, and the struggles of Bumgarner, I like the over 7 runs at -110 in this game with a slight lean towards Detroit -116.
    EDIT: I am also going to go with a 2-team parlay Det -116/OV 7
    Last edited by dragon1952; 10-25-2012, 04:36 PM.

I hate going against the HOT team, but Bumgarder is not as good as Fister in this match up.

Plus the Tigers bats woke up late last night and think that the rust is off.

I lean over too, but my play is on the Tigers tonight.

Comment

OK....thanks for your thoughts...good luck!

Comment

Man, that over is not looking good so far. I thought their might be a qucik strike by both teams.

Comment

My butt hurts a little after tonight....ouch :^ /

Comment

Looks like the CHEATERS are gonna get away with winning it all.
            This team had 2 players suspended this year for testing positive for a banned substance, (Molta and Melky).

Come on Tigers don't let this be so.
            good luck

Comment

Working...
            X