Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday Night Football - Philadelphia (3-4) @ New Orleans (2-5)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football - Philadelphia (3-4) @ New Orleans (2-5)

Current line:
    New Orleans -3 (even)
    Philadelphia +3 (-120)
    O/U 52.5

The Eagles are 3-4 overall, 1-2 on the road, 2-5 ATS. They've pretty much got blown out in 2 of their losses (@Arizona and vs Atlanta) but in 5 of their 7 games they have scored within 3 pts of their opponent with 2 one pt wins, 1 two pt win, 1 two pt loss and a 3 pt loss in OT. The Eagles have struggled on offense, in large part due to turnovers, and have only scored more than 20 pts twice. They have committed 17 TO's and most can be attributed to Michael Vick who has thrown 8 INT's and has lost 5 fumbles. Overall they are -9 in TO ratio. Many of these TO's have been in the red zone which would help explain the lack of points on offense. One would assume that if they can eliminate or limit TO's they can win some of those close games as they are -7 in TO ratio in their 4 losses and just -2 in their 3 wins. Over their last 4 games they have turned the ball over just 5 times (compared to 12 in their first 3 games), and in 2 of the last 4 they didn't have any TO's.
    The Saints are 2-5 overall, 1-2 at home and a surprising 3-4 ATS considering their record but they did cover the spread in their 2 wins (although barely vs San Diego) and they covered in a 1 pt loss @ Green Bay. You can definitely blame Brees to a point as he hasn't been as sharp as years past but the main issue is on defense where the Saints are ranked dead last (32nd) in total defense giving up nearly 57 ypg more than the 31st ranked defense, and are giving up nearly 31 ppg. They are giving up over 300 ypg passing and 170 ypg on the ground. And what might be even worse, out of 245 pass attempts against them they have only intercepted 3 passes total.
    Of course the Saints do have one of the best offenses around but they say defense wins games....and they obviously don't have one which is highlighted by the fact that 3 of their losses have been to teams that have a combined record of 6-19. They even lost to the 1-7 Kansas City Chiefs. So if you don't think Philadelphia has a great shot at a SU win I don't know what to tell you.
    Philadelphia has huge potential on offense with Vick and his scrambling ability, a great RB in LeSean McCoy who is also one of the best pass-catching RB's around, arguably the best WR at stretching the field in DeSean Jackson, with the speedy and elusive WR Jeremy Maclin on the other side as well as a great TE in Brent Celek. If they can limit the TO's.....and the Saints have not shown that they can create many.....then it's liable to be a tough battle for New Orleans.
    The Saints lose a valuable weapon with Darren Sproles MIA and TE Jimmy Graham hasn't been 100%. Denver kept the Saints offense off the field last week holding a 10:30 minute advantage in TOP and held the Saints to just 14 FD's and 252 total yds by running the ball 41 times for 225 yds, a game plan Tampa Bay should have followed the week before after jumping out to a 21-7 lead. Denver had 29 FD's and nearly 550 yds of offense.
    I played a 7 pt teaser last night taking Phi +10 and OV 45 that I feel very good about. New Orleans should get their points...... the Eagles have the 2nd fewest sack total in the NFL with just 9 so Brees shouldn't be constantly under pressure......and especially if Vick turns the ball over. If he does and New Orleans gets out ahead then it could be trouble for Philly, but if they take care of the ball and establish the run they should be in real good shape.
    Vick has been taking a lot of crap the past week with even rumors of benching him for the rookie Foles. I'm gambling that he comes out and has his best game of the year and that Brees will have to air it out to keep up so I like Phi +3 in a high scoring game.
    Good luck and please feel free to comment.

There is something about Drew Brees at home he always finds those pin point passes.

NO should be able to move the ball on Philly. And one big hit from a 290 pound mountain of a man on vick is all it will take to get the back up in and he is nothing special.

I dont see Philly defense being able to stop Brees from scoring

Comment

I am taking a shot with Philly too. Think Vick had a wake up call this past week and pulls a good game out of his hat.
      I have them +3 and + 13.5 to finish a teaser.

But I have really stunk this week too do beware!

Comment

Pick 6 at 3 min left in the 1st Q....OK...no problem....I really wanted 7 pts there and it doesn't matter at this point who gets them. Not sure it was Vick's fault, nor was the fumble...he turned to avoid the rush and ran right into another defender. I still like my original pick and am glad some pts were finally scored.

Comment

good luck man!
          I only have the over (want eagles to lose but routing for them to keep it within your teaser).

Comment

Philly OL is playing like crap

Comment

I guess I just don't understand.....Riley Cooper blocks the guy from the side and it's a penalty because it's in the direction the play is going? Is that what the explanation was?

Comment

Heartless pussies. I don't think if the eagles and cowboys combined teams they could win.

Comment

Well I'm not giving up on it yet. The 1st H was a perfect storm for the Saints. Two red zone opportunities for the Eagles resulted in a pick 6 (potential 14 pt swing) and a FG. The Eagles then move the ball well and get to the 50 but Cooper gets a 15 yd penalty for blocking a defender? I'm still not sure what the issue was there...it looked like a stellar block to me but evidently you can't send a defender sprawling on his ass anymore even if it isn't from behind? Someone please explain that rule to me.

Comment

refs didn't give the saints this game the eagles gave the saints this game.
                    Eagles are a terrible terrible team. They should have gotten at least 1 more td but you can see they are a team full of players who have given up.
                    Last play, like romos Vick throws it out of the endzone. What the hell man?

It's a bad beat and I feel ya as I lost a good teaser myself on the lack of points by 1.

Comment

Fitting end to a crappy week for me. I went 1-6 on my BW plays and 1-3 on my real plays.

Eagles have no clue like you said. Saints blitzed ALL night but the Eagles did not adjust one bit. How many no RB plays can you run. Dejean Jackson's play was a glimpse of what they could be if they actually had a running game. McCoy is solid and if he is smart, he'd get out of philly as fast as he can. Another team would make him a top 3 RB no doubt.

Onto this week and a fresh start!

Comment

Very disappointing effort by the Eagles. Really, I'm nearly speechless. I got some $$ back by taking them -2 2ndH but barely. The Saints hadn't given up less than 24 pts all year. If you would have told be they'd only get 28 themselves I would have been giddy. If you would have told me that Philly would rack up 220 yds on the ground at 7.6 yds per pop, held NO to just 371 yds, held a 7 min. TOP advantage and broke even in the turnover dept I would have guessed that they won the game SU. And you're right about the lack of adjustments.....how the hell can you not adjust for the blitz with one of the best scrambling QB's and LeSean McCoy to dump it off to. Just unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                        X