Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Widestrides NFL Picks Week 11

9-5.5 last week
    84-74-2 for the season on posted plays. (53.1%)
    25-25 Mock Hilton (48.9%)
    54-46 Carib Contest (54%)
    6-3-1 BW GOW Contest (66.56%)

0-1 this week already with the Bills/Fins over.

Pretty Square card. Was glad to see Jeff at BW on most of these with his Key Releases.
    Leans
    Redskins -3.5 vs Philly! Vick out. Would perfer -3. Banking on Eagles with low morale and giving up. Redskins off the bye. I'm going with 3 of the 4 bye teams. Rest at this part of the season is big.

Packers -3 at Detroit. Lions desperate but Packers off a bye and own the Lions. Pack not at full strength though.

Bucs -1 at Carolina. Riding the Bucs train one more week. They shut down Cam in the opener in TB. Freeman has 4 games in a row with a passer rating of 100+. Will the Panthers rollover? Not yet, but still think the Bucs have more to play for.

Bucs/Panthers under 48. They played to a very low scoring game in Week 1.

Browns +8 at Dallas. (Always easy for me to go against Cowboys and Eagles. Browns off the bye should keep this close. DeMaarco Murray still out. If he was in, I'd reconsider. Watch for Joe Haden status also.

Rams -3.5 vs Jets. Want -3. Jets quitting or just low morale and back-biting? Rams really looked fired up last week. Fisher's bad decisions cost them the game.

Patriots -9 vs Colts. Luck has been buring me, but the Colts are just not that good - yet. Brady will expose them. The Jets of all teams ahmmered the Colts on the road.

Broncos -7.5 vs SD SD OL pretty bad, but their D is better than in past years. Still I think Broncs will be sky high in Mile High.

Saints -4.5 at Oakland. Does Brees stay hot and torch the Raiders or will it be a black hole in Oakland? Saints D playing better, but still bad. McFadden out.

Bears/SF under 37?

Locked in the following Teasers:

6.5 Point Teasers
    Pats -2.5 and Denver -1 (2 units)
    Jets +10 and Denver -2 (2 units)

3 Point Teasers
    Saints -2 and Rams -.5 (2 units
    to win 2.33 units)
    Pats -6.5 and Redskins -.5 (2 units to win 2.33 units)

Locked in the following Teams
    Packers -3
    Tampa -1
    Saints -5
    Pats -9.5
    Broncos -7 (bought a half)

GL

Last edited by widestrides; 11-18-2012, 09:48 PM.

You didn't copy RR'S NFL card did you? lol Hell, I don't even remember who was on it. You're gold in my book big guy and no way would I wager against you..

Good luck!!

Comment

For the heck of it, just added a slew of unders at a half unit each:

Philadelphia Eagles/Washington Redskins Under 45
      Arizona Cardinals/Atlanta Falcons Under 44
      Tampa Bay Buccaneers/Carolina Panthers Under 48
      New York Jets/St. Louis Rams Under 38½
      Indianapolis Colts/New England Patriots Under 54
      New Orleans Saints/Oakland Raiders Under 55
      San Diego Chargers/Denver Broncos Under 48
      Chicago Bears/San Francisco 49ers Under 37

Comment

Added 6.5 point teaser

Denver -2.5 and SF -1 (2 units)

Comment

Wow. You are happy huh? Last minute covers by the pack and bucs.
          I was in the other side of both so not so happy on my end!

Comment

NFL is unhandicappable......when was the last time a double digit favorite covered? they scramble for their lives to win outright routinely. players nowadays are such big hairy cunts taking a dive for turf-toe & other such life threatening injuries. If Ronnie Lott had the sore toe like that pussy garcon he would have just cut it off and been back in the lineup the next week. demarco murray, darren mcbummin, noshow moreno, and on and on and on ...never ending list of these pansies that live on the injury report every season for months at a time. stick to the only sport on the up & up- pro wrestling!

Comment

11.3 - 3.5 today. Gambling Gods helped me out with Tampa and Green Bay, but came back to get me with the SD backdoor cover.

One pending teaser to go. Need SF -1 for 2 more units.

Comment

Yeah, Gods helped me with SD so it kinda evened out I guess. Funny how this stuff works! get one taken and one given....Thats why I don't make a living off of betting!

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                  Yeah, Gods helped me with SD so it kinda evened out I guess. Funny how this stuff works! get one taken and one given....Thats why I don't make a living off of betting!
                  Yeah, exactly. Some days you eat the Bear and some days the Bear eats you.

Can you imagine if you had big bucks and really needed the income on these games? I would hate to have had big cash bets on Carolina, Carolina under, Atlanta over, Dallas over, Detroit, Denver, Denver under, Saints under and Baltimore -3.5 this week. All half point or one point last second Mooses. Or just bad beats.

Contests are the way to go and have some fun and save your heart.

Besides, with the juice, it's a tough game to beat anyway.
                  Last edited by widestrides; 11-19-2012, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Like I always say.......Chicken one day, feathers the next......but a very nice week on your part Wide........Keep it going......We need that in here.......Just out of curiosity though, how did you get the Niners tonight on a 6.5 teaser at -1 when they're down to -3.5 in most places.......Did you play it when it first opened at S.F -6.5 ?.......You should be PLUS a couple of points.......Just sayin'.......Good Luck.
                    Last edited by Boone Moone; 11-19-2012, 11:25 AM.
                    ;)

Comment

Yeah, I played SF on the 6.5 point Teaser when it was SF -7. I'm still confident they will harass Jason Campbell all night and he looked scared as hell last week vs. the Texans. Wait till the Niners come pouring through that sieve of an OL.

Comment

Playing a hedge here as I caught one Book asleep at the wheel when Alex Smith was ruled out. They still had it at 7 for a good 15 minutes.

I grabbed 10 units on the Bears +7 and 5 units on the Niners -5.5 and now looking to get 5 more units on the Niners -3 or at least 3.5! If the Niners win by 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7, I get some risk free money.

GL
                        Last edited by widestrides; 11-19-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

woo hoo! free money!
                          EDIT: considering it was at -7 for so long I doubt we'll see -3. They are already at great risk of hitting 4-6.
                          Last edited by dragon1952; 11-19-2012, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Yeah, not seeing any -3s unless I want to pay -130. I'll just take -3.5 in a bit.

Most likely I'll end up paying some juice, but it's worth a shot for fun.

Comment

Tonight's card
                              SF -1 to finish a Teaser with Denver (2 units)
                              Bears +7 (10 units)
                              SF -5.5 (5 units)
                              SF -3.5 (6 units)

GL

Comment

Working...
                              X