ILLINOIS Basketball Early Thinking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS Basketball Early Thinking

Illinois opens the slate with a impeccable 8-0 record, I thought it was time to share some thoughts.

Last year Illinois opens the season at 15-2 then BIG 10 season started and the wheels came off as this brutal conference takes hold. Last year this Illinois team under Weber was TIMID. They played scared as the shot clock wound down to zero and Illinois would chuck up a desperation shot. The players played scared because they knew miss that shot and you will be benched, And they were.

There is a new Coach in town for Illinois and his name is John Groce. He is all about intensity and attacking on both ends of the floor. Under is early leadership he has found the keys to the puzzle with this team.

Brandon Paul is a stud for Illinois (write that down) this is going to be a very dangerous team to play in the dance should they make it.

Keep your eye on Illinois this year they are playing very differently in a real positive sense. They have talent and Senior Leadership this new coach is tweaking it up.

Illinois play next the Western Carolina Catamounts. I was was not sure what a Catamount was, it seems it is a large cat that roams North America.

I do not know the line on this game but I would suspect it would be north of 23.

Illinois is coming off tough schedule so tough that the coach dare not work these players as hard as he wants to (smart) 6 days of concentrated practices will sharpen the saw.

Western Kentucky laid 92 points on Carolina and went on to lose to Iowa.

I really think with a few days off the off the legs will be back for Illinois, they lead the nation in 3 point shooting and this should be a 28 point game

Comment

Illinois sleep walks again with a Victory moving to 9-0

Illinois scored 74 points in this victory, I can see how being back on campus after a long road trip combined with study takes a toll on players.

Next up the # 10 Zags and they look for real, Illinois should be able to exploit the long guard play they have on the Zags.

The problem is going to be down low for Illinois, they are soft down low and very foul prone. The inside out side game that the Zags play will be the difference. Illinois has not figured out the inside out game on offense.

Controlling the boards are a major concern, some say the way Illinois plays you cant expect to control the boards as they launch trey bombs at will.

Better hope those 3 are falling

Comment

Working...
      X