Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Monday Night Football - NY Giants (7-4) at Washington (5-6)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Football - NY Giants (7-4) at Washington (5-6)

Well we had such great luck with, and such overwhelming response to, last night's Sunday Night Football analysis I figured we should build on that and try this again :^ /
    current line,
    NY Giants -3 (Even) / 50.5

OK... so these are the ex-Super Bowl Champs sitting at 7-4 and just 1 1/2 games ahead of the surging Cowboys (that surge might be coming from my stomach though...I'm not quite sure) and just 2 games ahead of tonight's opponent, the Washington Redskins. The Giants have fared pretty well on the road going 3-1 with the lone loss by just 2 pts to the suddenly respectable looking Eagles.
    The Giants had dropped 2 in a row to the AFC North prior to their bye week but came out looking good at home vs the Green Bay Packers last week. That probably gives us a little better value going into this week's divisional match-up on the road against the Redskins who played the Giants tough back in Week 7 losing at New York 27-23. The Giants needed an improbable 77 yd TD strike to WR Victor Cruz with just 1:13 remaining to pull that win out. Redskin QB RGIII completed 71% of his passes going 20 of 28 for 258 yds, 2 TD's and 1 INT, while also rushing for 89 yds on 9 attempts. As a team the Redskins rode roughshod over the Giants amassing 248 yds on the ground led by RB Alfred Morris' 120 yds on 22 tries for a 5.5 ypc avg. The Giants only could manage 60 yds on 17 attempts from their RB duo of Ahmad Bradshaw and Aaron Brown (who will be absent tonight). However, the Redskin achilles heel is their pass defense which Eli the Lesser (Manning that is) torched for over 300 yds and performed his usual 4th Q magic on by burning them for the winning TD.
    The Redskins had nearly 100 yds more of offense, a couple more 1st downs and controlled the clock pretty well but they turned the ball over 4 times on an INT and 3 fumbles.
    I'm going to play teaser-mania again on this game looking for lots of pts and a competitive match-up with the 'Skins having the potential to pull the upset here, so:
    Wash +10 and OV 43.5

will be the play of the day. And on certain games that I feel right about I will play my world famous 'Double Result' play. I'll play both sides here so a small amount will be placed on both,
    HT tie/Giants win at +1200
    HT tie/Redskins win at +1500

As for props,
    Manning OV 295.5 yds passing (Even) - is this a trick? The Redskins are giving up an avg of 301 per game and the Giants will likely find it hard to run the ball. Last meeting Manning completed 65% for 337 yds and only got sacked once and Nicks should be much healthier for this game.
    Logan Paulsen OV 2.5 rec. at -120 - he seems to get more targets in close games or games where the Redskins are behind. I think this will likely be a game like that.

Good luck!

OK....tonight I've decided to share a world's exclusive! I will be premiering (drum roll please)......

Picks by Herbert!

Herbert watches a lot of football. We've got NFL Sunday Ticket and his cage is right there in the LR so he watches at least as much as I do...probably more because I'm always getting disgusted and leaving the room and he's pretty much stuck there. So starting with tonight's game I'll let Herbert make his pick. I've put 2 folded up pieces of paper with each result on a small dish and whichever one he tosses on the floor first will be his winning pick. Results will be forthcoming so stay tuned.

Comment

still waiting...
      Last edited by dragon1952; 12-03-2012, 06:12 PM.

Comment

One season I allowed Meirdrov, my russian cat, to make my picks and I went about 65%.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
          OK....tonight I've decided to share a world's exclusive! I will be premiering (drum roll please)......

Picks by Herbert!

Herbert watches a lot of football. We've got NFL Sunday Ticket and his cage is right there in the LR so he watches at least as much as I do...probably more because I'm always getting disgusted and leaving the room and he's pretty much stuck there. So starting with tonight's game I'll let Herbert make his pick. I've put 2 folded up pieces of paper with each result on a small dish and whichever one he tosses on the floor first will be his winning pick. Results will be forthcoming so stay tuned.
          Herbet sounds a lot my friend Corn Picker

Comment

Corn Picker is for real, he lives in the middle of a Corn Field and watches every NFL game and when Corn Picker is not watching a game he is listening to anything he can find on the radio even while working.

I consult with Corn Picker every week for the NFL

Comment

OK....the pick is in. Herbert had a little trouble with this one but he finally went with.....

Washington +3

I will place a wager on that myself just to put my money where his mouth is.

Comment

Corn Picker says GIANTS

Comment

Well the good news is one of them will be right :^ )
                  I think we need to get Meirdrov's pick to break the tie. I already
                  put my money on the redskins though so I guess it's a mute point.
                  Last edited by dragon1952; 12-03-2012, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Considering that Herbert likes the Redskins and the total came down to 50 I doubled up on my 7 pt teaser. I now all of a sudden have an alarming amount on this game :^ /

Comment

Corn picker says Giants are a better team and should score at will.

Comment

TD Redskins! I have an inside source that said they actually scripted that play in practice this week :^ /

Comment

Jesus f'ing Christ....Giants move it into FG range with just 40 secs left to blow dragon1952's famous 'double result' play :^ /

Comment

Sadly, I had to put Meirdrov down at age 18 about 3 yrs ago, she was a great friend who woke me many times with gifts of live lizards delivered to my chest. I am playing 2H OVER 24.5....I am feelin another winner!

Comment

May she rest in peace. No doubt, a great and beloved pet.

Comment

Working...
                              X