Which of these Home dogs to take?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which of these Home dogs to take?

Which of these Home dogs to take? And why? Who are the spoilers?

KC +6.5 vs Indy
    Eagles +6.5 vs Skins
    Cardinals +5.5 vs Bears

Thanks!

Cardinals!

Why:
    Bears are reeling. Losers of 5 of 6. Getting a few injured players back. However, with Mike Tice's lack of creativity on O and other than Marshall, there is not much at WR for the Bears. Hester cannot run routes and Jeffery had a rough pass interference last weekend. Add to the fact that Bush is on IR, and the Bears run game is struggling. Forte is not hitting the holes and he is banged up a bit.

Bears on D are fine. It won't take much to shut down the Cards O.

IMO, the game will come down to turnovers. Just like the Lions did last week, I can see the Bears literally throwing this game away (interceptions).

This game will be a grind and could wind up 17-13 or 13-10 Bears. Struggling and now giving almost 6, will be too much.

Comment

Yep! That's how I see the Bears also - reeling. Team morale can't be high and Cutler and Marshall calling some guys out might not help. Under 36.5? 36.5 is pretty low though. A couple turnovers and it could go over easy. But do you play an over just because you expect turnovers? Or do you play an under despite the strong possibilities of turnovers? Tough call. Would have to buy it up to 37 or tease it up to 43.

Not sure how mobile RGIII will be. Will they want him to keep it and run around the end? I doubt he pulls too many of those option-read hand-offs out and runs.

Chiefs are now +7. Could go higher. Indy's OL got thrashed in Houston and their D has never been solid. Just a matter of whether the Luck and Magic show up for the Colts like it has been.

Comment

Well none of the above.

But if I'm having a gun held to my head and the trigger was pulled if I was wrong, Id go with Philly.

There's 3-4 trends going against the Skins, its Andy Reid's last game as Eagles coach in Philly, and they are in a revenge situation with a chance to kill Washingtons playoff situations.

If the Eagles had ANY heart they would not only cover this but win it for coach Andy Reid.

The problem is this team has no heart.
        Last edited by Masked Prognosticator; 12-22-2012, 10:14 PM.

Comment

All three went toes up as I suspected, though KC and Philly missed the cover by 1/2 a point.

Comment

If you shopped around you could have gotten Eagles +7 and even KC +7 on Saturday. By Sunday though agle were all the way down to +4.5 and Chiefs to +6.

Eagles had a man wide open in the endzone at the end, but Nick Foles short-hopped him.

Chiefs had over 500 yards of offense and only 13 points. Brady Quinn couldn't pick up inches on a QB sneak on 4th down.

So two of them were bad beats and by only a half point, but a loss is a loss.

Comment

Good point. Just goes to show the 1/2 point needs to be taken seriously.

Comment

Working...
              X