• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestEasy NFL Wildcard Weekend

Here we go!

Saturday

Bengals +4.5
    Bengals are going in with some steam and the texans are going in with questions. Their secondary has been awfully exposed the past several weeks consistent enough that I don't know how they'll handle green and gresham. Like this game a lot.

Bengals ML +185
    Think they win outright.

GB -7 (-125 bought the 1/2)
    Can the vikes pull off a win against the pack 2 weeks in a row the 2nd being IN green bay and without peterson playing for the record anymore? No. Vikes played very well end of season and packers have played ok (don't think they make it past san fran) but I see them hitting the wall in green bay.

Sunday

Colts +7
    Not as confident here. I do believe the ravens win the game but I like the colts to backdoor this. The Ray Lewis factor will be one to watch for but could be negated (or +7) to the pagano factor which used some of its juju against houston.

colts/ravens over 47
    I also believe there will be a fair amount of scoring.

Seattle -3
    Seattle D is very good and though not at home they will challenge a somewhat hobbled rg3 (who by game time may not be so hobbled who knows). But add to that defense the return of a rested Browner.... Plus, Wilson is playing extremely well now against a secondary that although has been playing better the past couple weeks is still not that strong. I like the visiting team here.

seattle/wash over 46
    We all know seattle can go off just as much as washington can.

Teasers
    bengals +11.5, gb -0.5, texans/bengals o 36.5
    bengals +10.5, gb -1.5
    bengals/texans over 36.5, gb -0.5
    Seattle +4, over 39
    baltimore pk, over 40

Parlay
    bengals +4.5, cincy/houst o42, gb -6.5, indy +7.5, indy/balt o45, seattle -2.5 +2900

I am thinking that most are thinking like you on the bengals. I am leaning the other way myself. I think the texans provide some good line value here since they have struggled of late. But I am leaning slightly to the texans to come back to early season form where they were dominating teams. I may be wrong too. Should be a good one! Gl!

Comment

After some thought I think I agree with resteasy on all of his picks.
      Texans are in a major slump. Neither Schaub, Foster or the defense has played nearly as well over the 2nd half of the season and really tailed off over the last 4. I don't think they can just turn on the old magic that easily.
      I also don't think Minnesota will be nearly as effective with any of the phases that they did well with last week..... the running game, pass rush and passing game will not be nearly as easy on the cold and slower turf and Green Bay defense will be angry and determined. Very hostile and nasty environment for the Vikings....like night and day over last week.
      Baltimore started out 9-2 but really since Week 11 they have been iffy. They barely beat a Leftwich-led Pittsburgh team by 3, then they probably should have lost at SD but won by 3 in OT, then proceeded to lose their last 4 of 5 games. They are limping into the playoffs and Indy is playing well. I think the Colts cover and have a chance at the upset.
      Wash vs Sea is the toughest for me and I keep going back and forth on this one. Wash has won 7 straight games and what's impressive is that 5 of them were divisional games which tend to be tougher match-ups. Seattle has won their last 5 games and has looked pretty awesome except for maybe last week. But they are just 3-5 on the road losing at places like Arizona, St Louis, Detroit, Miami and the road win vs Buffalo was at a neutral site. The really good teams they beat were at home. I think I'll change my mind on this one thinking Washington will defy odds yet again and pull this one out at home. If it was at Seattle I would be all over the Seahawks.

Comment

thanks guys.
        Yeah woodie I see what you're saying and thought about that but like dragon said I don't think they can just turn it on else they would have beaten (or challenged) the vikes and kept the bye they thought they had most of the season. Just don't see houston's secondary as good right now and that's been a consistent issue with them the last 5 or so games and that plays to the strengths of the bengals offense. Also, I don't think the books are undervaluing the texans I think they are overvaluing them with the 4.5 points.

Look forward to the weekend especially as I'll miss some of the divisional games the weekend after (got a poorly scheduled wedding I have to go to blah!).

Good luck guys!

Comment

Love the write ups on the games really appreciate it the effort you put into in to your picks resteasy. Thank you all for sharing.

After careful review I think I am going to side with Woodee and his pick. The logic used makes sense,

Comment

Bengals will stay with the pretenders called the Texans. What happens to the Texans when they play top teams? They get dominated. Bengals are a very good team, I'll take the 5.

Vikes will struggle at GB and once they get behind it will be blowout city.

Ravens win handily against an up & coming young Colt team in what should be a high scoring affair.

Seattle will DESTROY skins and probably go over the total by themselves.

Comment

I'm not that impressed with the Bengals. Texans D will keep them in it. I like the Texans to win, but wouldn't give the 4.5 points. I took the under 43.5 early. Both teams will play conservatively.

Packers D is not that good and their OL is horrible. They probably pull it out at home, but won't cover. Aaron Rodgers HATES the cold. So Minny +9.5 and over 45.5. GB D vulnerable and GB can't run and will have to throw.

Indy's OL is really bad. I expect Ravens to play like they did vs the Giants just two weeks ago when they needed to win and with emotion with Lewis back. Ravens -6.5 and under 47.

I like Seattle to get by the Skins. Pete Carroll will have his mean D ready for RGIII. Both teams will play conservatively. Seattle -2.5 and under 46.

GL!
              Last edited by widestrides; 01-05-2013, 01:15 PM.

Comment

No bet on Viks as Ponder is very iffy, if not out. Can't risk it on Webb. Same with the over. No play.

Line has gone up to 10 with Ponder looking out.

Comment

Well as I have stated time and time again, I am probably the worst NFL capper on the site yet I decided to try my hand at the Texans and the under. Have not wagered much on the NFL this year but decided I stink in college right now so why not give it a shot. Still for those who have the Bengals and over are probably in great shape..

Comment

bengals drop it. Several times dalton just missed green in the endzone by over or under throwing him. Couldn't handle the pressure. Soooooooooo close too. If they kicked a FG (yet again) at the end with almost 3min they'd have been a FG away from tieing and it would have covered. Oh well.

grabbed GB
                    -2.5, over 38

ponder out, just a different guy handing the ball to AP.

Comment

like gb over 20 2nd half. got it even.

Comment

3-4
                        what a shitty year I've been having so far. Guess I was do.
                        Needed 4 more points for a really good and positive night... nope. How frustrating.

Comment

don't write off the year after only being five days in! SEAHAWKS will right (y)our ship!

Comment

Looks like 3 unders so far. Defenses are coming ready to play. I wonder if Sea/Was will continue the trend.

Comment

say that too. Don't think so. Other teams looked to go in and get the win. Don't think the seahawks are wired that way and with both these QB's you need more than a 1 score buffer. Like the over to finally hit.

seattle/wash over 44.5

Comment

Working...
                              X