• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Mock Hilton Tie Breaker Picks"

Horn24 = Hou - Minn - Indy - Sea

woodee12 = Hou - GB - Balt - Wash

Masked Prognosticator = Hou - GB - Balt - Wash

Well mp. We think alike! I just went with home teams after I racked my brain for days...

Comment

Good luck this weekend fellas! It's been a fun year. Just wish I didn't let things slip the last two weeks.

Comment

HA!

I originally was leaning towards Cincy but it just seemed too trendy a pick to me. Not too many trends here but the two I found favor Houston, and I just think that despite recent history they are the better squad. (I say that as Matt Schaub throws a interception that's returned for a TD)

I think Baltimore ends the Indy fairy tale. I think the Ravens will be extra motivated to win at least one game for Ray Lewis.

There's a TON of trends going against Seattle. I think some bettors are forgetting they have a rookie quarterback, too.

Suprisingly the most interesting game turned out to be tonight. I tweeted this out last night @MPrognosticator that from 1994-2001 when division rivals face each other in the playoffs the visitor was 5-12-1 ATS HOWEVER since divisional realignment in 2002 that system has flip flopped to the visitor covering 11-2 ATS and 8-2 as dogs; but here is what will blow your mind: the only two home covers were the only two back-to-back match ups, in other words when two divisional rivals play each other week 16 and they face each other in the playoffs and its the first playoff game for one or both of those teams that post season the two times that happened the home team covered!

Here's another gem: in 2004 Minny and Green Bay played each other 3 times and split the regular season by a score of 34-31, exact. In the playoff Minny went to Green Bay and won outright and covered with Green Bay scoring 17 points.........Minny? 31.

At the end of the day there's about 3-4 very negative trends going against Minny and that statistical exception I pointed out made me think the Vikings run out of gas. I think Adrian Peterson may have been overworked last week trying to break that record, too.
        Last edited by Masked Prognosticator; 01-05-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Mp, We both have 3 and the same puck in this late game. If you are up for it, I'd be willing to split the 5th place money with you if they allow us to. At least get something for our good week that may end 4-0 for both of us.
          Let me know what you think. If you want to battle on, that's fine with me too. But we could go at it for weeks! A little something for a prize is better than nothing at this point!

Comment

I'm willing to split!

Comment

sorry boys.........no splitting, we play this game according to the rules. besides we like the drama.

Comment

Ok. Kind of stupid if we are both willing to split. I understand if we were battling for first.

Comment

#8 Tie Breaker Rule: In the final two weeks of the Mock Hilton contest (weeks 16 & 17) the top 5 contenders must email their picks to [email protected] Picks will be posted after the Saturday 12:00 o'clock deadline. If a tie still exists after week 17 we will take it into the NFL Playoffs.

#9 Top five winners payout: 40%, 25%, 20%, 10%, 5%

Comment

Yeah, I know the rule and understand. No problem!

MP, email me and we can work it out between us after the fact if you want.

[email protected].

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                      Yeah, I know the rule and understand. No problem!

MP, email me and we can work it out between us after the fact if you want.

[email protected].
                      I will not budge from the rules. I set this up the way I did so this contest would run smooth and there would be none of this. If you don't like my rules you can run your own contest next year and we will play by your rules. Besides a split of the 5% is really peanuts now isn't it?

Comment

No problem...Its not a big deal really. Its well run contest and you do a great job.

It was just a thought and if MP agreed we could do it, as its not big money but something for the efforts, rather than getting skunked. We will fight for the 5th place spot and see what happens. And if MP and myself want to split it after the payouts, we can do that. Its really up to us after its settled.

But again, don't want to piss anyone off on it. Sorry to bring it up.
                        Last edited by woodee12; 01-07-2013, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                          No problem...Its not a big deal really. Its well run contest and you do a great job.

It was just a thought and if MP agreed we could do it, as its not big money but something for the efforts, rather than getting skunked. We will fight for the 5th place spot and see what happens. And if MP and myself want to split it after the payouts, we can do that. Its really up to us after its settled.

But again, don't want to piss anyone off on it. Sorry to bring it up.
                          Sorry Bro but the boss has spoken. Unfortunately if I am putting the work into making the picks Ill be looking to get paid so all I can do is wish you luck and say may the best Capper win!

Comment

Sounds good. I really only brought it up bc you expressed interest in splitting it before last week. I will flip a coin agai. This week and see what happens. Gl!
                            Last edited by woodee12; 01-07-2013, 09:12 PM.

Comment

Yeah but it sounds like the Mods are against it, and on top of the reason I gave for not doing it Im also afraid if we do a "back door" deal it'll make it seem we are doing something behind their back, and I respect that.

On the surface it might seem unfair we cant do a split, but when you think about it if these guys start changing even the littlest rule in one contest, it opens a Pandora's box every time a contestant is unhappy with a ruling or something doesn't go their way; not to mention the legal implications and I can tell you first hand that is an issue that needs to be handled seriously!

If it makes you feel any better, typically I struggle during the Divisional Playoffs and Championship Games, so if you end up winning you are clearly a gentlemen and I will tip my mask to you!

Comment

Working...
                              X