• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Championship - Notre Dame +9.5 vs Alabama -9.5 - Discuss here

current line
    Notre Dame +9.5 to +10
    Alabama -9.5 to -10
    total - 40.5 to 41

I'll likely play a 7 pt teaser and I'm thinking at the moment that either ND +16.5 or Alabama -2.5
    are probably good choices. The computer simulations appear to be favoring Alabama to win at a
    rate of 70-80% of the total simulations but that -2.5 pts still scares me a little as I do think a big play
    or two by the ND defense could propel them to a win or maybe a closer than 2.5 pt result at least.
    On the other side I just don't think Alabama is going to blow them out either so +16.5 pts looks a
    little safer maybe for a team that potentially could pull the upset.
    On a teaser I am heavily leaning towards an under. Under 48 preferably but my book has recently
    dropped to 40.5 so I may have waited too long. The only thing I see blowing that is more than
    a couple TO's that result in quick points, and both defenses certainly have the ability to do that.
    The 3 best teams Alabama faced were LSU, Texas A&M and Georgia which resulted in two 4 pt wins
    and a 5 pt loss. ND held down a couple pretty good offenses and I guess the Stanford game was
    their toughest defensive match-up, but they were a bit spotty on offense so that aspect of their
    game is pretty unpredictable. The best defenses they faced were Stanford and Mich St and they were
    held to 13 pts in regulation vs Stanford and just 20 vs Mich St. Alabama will be tougher still.
    Stanford got after Golson pretty good sacking him 3 times and forcing him to fumble 4 times, losing
    3 of them, but that was only Golson's 2nd game I think.
    I would appreciate any one else's insight and I am currently awaiting Herbert's choice on this game.
    More later.

I am going to stick with my teaser bet having bama pk to finish off a 10-pt tease, but those points look very tempting at +10! But is it a trap? 10 point line scares me as it always seems like the fav wins and covers big game spreads of around 10.

Comment

Herbert's pick is up..........he picked

Notre Dame +9.5

Good luck everyone!

Comment

i agree line screams take alabama but i like notre dame's coach so i am going with them.
        good luck everyone!

Comment

In my opinion, it if is going to be a low scoring game, take ND and under, if high scoring, Bama and over.

I think it will be 17 14 Bama

Comment

The total is dropping to 39.5 in places. Probably dumb because I never hit these but I felt strong enough on the UN I took both Ala -2.5 and ND +16.5 each paired with UN47.5 :^ /

Comment

Took bama -3 and under 48

Comment

Also taking ND +3 1st Q

Comment

So now every time Brent says "herbie" I'm thinking about
                  Herbert. Curse you Dragon.

Comment

Well....looks like the officials want center stage instead of the football teams. 2 very controversial calls and it's just 5 min into the game.

Comment

Bama -7 second half. Adjusted game line +35. Do you take a shot with notre dame? I doubt it. Getting 25 points of line value but the way Kelly talked they have no shot.
                      Sounds tempting but so did the +10!!

Comment

Working...
                      X