College Hoops 1/22---Info. plays, discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops 1/22---Info. plays, discussion

First, I want to get Carpet's opinion on Illinois laying 4 at Nebraska. Kind of a must win for Illinois sitting at 1-4 in the BIg 10, but can you lay 4-5 on the road with this team? I kinda like the under 124 possibly more than a side as I think Illinois steps up its D in a big way, and Nebraska does not score much anyway.

My first play is Kansas State +4 over KU at home. Weber's boys will be ready and can see this dog winning SU. Best value play on the board as this line is saying KU is about 8 points better than K-State.

Like Wiscy over Michigan State too, but may play that ML somehow with another team as that 5 to 5.5 number is tricky.

Scary night for me in CBB. I'm glad I have obligations that prevent me from being home, as I feel like I have to have action otherwise. Mich St always plays Wiscy tough, may even win this straight up. I can't figure Illini out, leaving them alone for awhile. Woodee.... not sure which way you are going on KU/KSt? Say dog may win straight up(KSt), but then also say KU 8 pts better. I kinda like Kansas minus the pts, but respect your opinion, so if you are saying Kansas St here, I may lay off this game. Kentucky has cost me a few dollars as of late, but I am giving the 4 to Alabama, and may be my only CBB action tonite. Good Luck Fellas!

Comment

Woodee here are my thoughts on the two games you posted:

Illinois -5 at NB: The Illini are in a big time slump and with Michigan up next on the docket this game has me worried. If you look at the last 2 games Illinois has played it was against teams that played a much slower tempo and Illinois got slapped.

Illinois assist % is really bad combine that with NB defense it could mean more one and done shot attempts. NB controls the ball very well and defends well from the Arc. Tempo will be the key to this game. Can Illinois force the tempo?

I do not like Illinois covering any points tonight the only way I would play this game would be the Money Line taking Illinois straight up in a close one

Kansas -3.5 at Kansas State, Kansas is hands down a better team than KState especially inside with the trees. KU has won 22 of 24 games at Bramlage Coliseum. I look for this trend to continue Kansas by 10.
      Last edited by Carpet; 01-22-2013, 11:46 AM.

Comment

I like Kansas state. I think k st i saw k st is 3-46 su in all time series.
        Still think ku is overrated and they keep winning late. Texas had them beat.
        One of these times it won't work out that way. I say it's tonight.

Comment

I wish you all the best on that K State play, I just dont have any faith in Coach Weber in big games

Comment

Illinois will be sure to win and cover tonight because I am finally going against them. You can take it to the bank.

Comment

I worked Illinois into a ml parlay with wiscy.

I really like my k state play and that usually spells a loss.
              Just been waiting for a good game to go against ku and this is a good spot. B2b roadies for the jay hawks too. May put a bit more on k st before tip. Cannot believe that fame is not on espn somewhere!!
              Last edited by woodee12; 01-22-2013, 05:39 PM.

Comment

I like Illini tonight. If Purdue can take Nebraska to the woodshed in Lincoln, Illinois can too. Penn State and Nebraska are both bad teams and if you want a chance to dance you cannot lose tonight.

Comment

Well, Wiscy peaked pretty early. Michigan State must be better than I give them credit for. When I watched them play Iowa, I was not impressed at all. Betting sucks as always.

Comment

With 3 games to go, dogs are 7-0-1 tonight ats. 3 su dog winners.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                      Illinois will be sure to win and cover tonight because I am finally going against them. You can take it to the bank.
                      You're welcome.

Comment

Whew squeaked out a win with Kansas by 1/2 point.

Illinois wins on money line (I should have listened to TaxMan and gave up the points) God nebraska is horrible

Next up for Illinois is the most brutal 5 game stretch for any team in the country. Michigan,Michigan State,Wisconsin,Indiana and Minnesota.

Comment

Dogs were 9-1-1 last night. Illinois was the lone fav to cover. Depending on the number, I guess KU was a fav if you got -3.5. so at least 9-2.

Will it even out tonight????

Comment

Working...
                          X