X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Hoops 1/23---Info. plays, discussion

Let me tip this thread off.

Central Michigan -8
    This play is mainly against Northern Illinois. Last Saturday my son wanted to go to see NIU play at home. Well, I had the pleasure to witness an absolutely horrible team. NIU does not have a point guard and does not have a low post player. They shot 11-55, yep 20%, even worse from 3 (4-22), and 8-16 from the line (7 of 8 were made by one player, so 1 of 8 for the rest of the team). Don't be fooled, not all the shots were contested, there were many missed wide open shots. I would say 65-75% of their shots were from at least 15 feet or more. They are a perimeter shooting team. They shoot 36.5% from the floor!!!

They have holes in their defense too. A lot of back door cuts leading to lay ups and giving open shots that opponents sink. They give up 45% from the floor.

You want to see who they beat?:
    Judson College (WTF, good luck finding them, NAIA school Division II that lost to IPFW 92-22), actually shot 44% from the field against NIU
    SIU-Edwardsville (6-10 overall)
    @ Miami of Ohio (guess they took them lightly!!!)

6 of their 8 road losses were by at least 10 points (UWMilwaukee in OT and DePaul).

NIU power ranking is #308

Central Michigan has had a few double digit home wins and are 4-1 ATS @ H
    Central Michigan by 14+

With you on this one too!

So Far I am on---

Towson +3 over George Mason

Indy State +7 over Illinois State

Looking at Texas Tech +11 over Iowa State too but TT is really bad. ISU may be looking ahead to K-State on Satrurday and is on the sceond game of a road trip in Texas. I see this as a down spot for Iowa State so if TT can assemble some sort of game, they should stay well within the number.

Comment

I am also going to ride the TaxMan train with Central Michigan -8

A few other games:

BUTLER -
      +3 vs Lasalle. Butler is again without leading scorer Clarke again. I like Butlers defense to contain Lasalle and their Offense- Butler by 8

CREIGHTON -12 vs Drake. Look for a rebound game by creigthon, by 15

VALPO at home -8.5 vs Green Bay- GB is 0-7 on the road and Valpo should win this by 12
      Last edited by Carpet; 01-23-2013, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Like valpo too.

Butler is actually getting 3 at lasalle. Weird line alert!!! Why is line the way it is? Fishy.

Comment

That Butler line does look fishy but I am gonna bite

Comment

Add me to the fishy smell of Butler. I grabbed them last night at 2 1/2, thinking they would go down, can't believe went to 3! You guys are probably right on Valpo, but can't pull the trigger here, as we attend the Phoenix home games, and are big fans. They have been playing well as of late, but not road warriors, and Valpo was picked first preseason. It's hard to explain why I don't have a problem betting against the Packers, or even Bucks, but something about my hometown college I find tough to do. Of course when I get a good feeling to go with them, no problem But tough spot for them at Valpo. I took some of that Creighton action, also last night at -12, that is now -10? Two others I am on that got better lines early, Ohio vs Miami Oh I got at -8, they are now up to -9.5, and I got Duke at -2.5, now -3. I have been jinxing myself when I say my favorite of the night amongst my bets, but here goes, I REALLY like Duke in this spot. And finally, I know nothing about CMichigan, but jumping on the Tax Wagon here too, thanks, and Good Luck all!

Comment

Rest of my plays---

LaSalle -2 over Butler---This one stinks and I am going to bite on it. Bought 1/2 to 2. 78% of bets are on Butler but line is moving up.

Texas Tech +11 over Iowa State--***2 UNIT play*** See above but I think ISU gets caught looking ahead. TT os bad obviosuly but at home. TCU should have covered against ISU last game if they shot free throws. ISU has been living by the 3 of late and if that is not working, its a close game. ISU by 5.

Toledo +8 over Akron---b2b roadies for a good akron team who should win the MAC, but Toleo has palyed well at home. Just a few too many points here. Akron by 3.

Oregon State -1 over Washington...Another weird line here. Side with the home team where the average visitor is getting all the action.

Thats all for now. GL guys!

Comment

Alright Woodman, I am with you on TTech, good reasons you give. Thats what this is all about. And I'm not one to cry, if goes total opposite. It's gambling for a reason, so never a sure thing. But love finding worthy tidbits among respected cappers, win or lose. I don't have as many x's and o's in my analysis, so am hesitant at times to mention. As always, lets get some winners!

Comment

Miami of Florida is killing duke

Comment

Sorry about that play against NIU. They were down by 10 early in the first half. Now, they are up 11 SU. Hang back.

Comment

Yeah. One of those nights. Lines are tight and hard to cap right now.
                      Just when you think you have it figured out, something like no Illinois happens! I was right with you there. Who would have thought?

Or who would have bet duke to lose by 20? Wow!

Creighton is losing too. How?

Comment

Yup, we've all been there. Grain of salt, new day tomorrow. Although I did some late action, try to recoup some of that Duke fiasco. Still got TTech, thanks to Woodee, then grabbed some Oregon St, and New Mexico St. Even parlayed the 2 late hockey home teams at -1.5. I know I'm chasing, but give me a reason to watch some late games Don't worry about that Central MI game Tax, your analysis was solid. Keep the tips coming, regardless.

Comment

College hoops are nuts right now. Good time to take a break.
                          Minnesota Losing to northwestern tops it off for me.

I did get a good win with Texas tech although it makes me sick for my cyclones. Bad loss.

Comment

Good late night tv. New mexicos 7-5, 360 lb giant. Wow.
                            I cannot keep my eyes off him. Reminds of minute Bol back in the day.

Comment

And I believe he is only a freshman, may grow another few inches yet. Thanks again for that TTech play Woodee, these two late games and that one, will help me get back in the black, barely.... Already got a couple for tomorrow, Florida St-4.5 at home against Clemson, and I believe Michigan handles the prospective #1 by handling Purdue, minus the 16. Sniffing Gonzaga a little at -9 home to the Utes, late action.
                              Last edited by oldluds; 01-24-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X