ILLINOIS 15-5 faces THE GAUNTLET next 5 games

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ILLINOIS 15-5 faces THE GAUNTLET next 5 games

Illinois is now 15-5 overall and 2-4 in the Big 10. They won last night in a badly needed victory over a Nebraska team that looked they just came inside out of the cold to warm up. DJ Richardson scored 30 points for Illinois.

Illinois now faces the toughest schedule in the country the next 5 games. It is being referred to as "The Gauntlet".

# 2 Michigan

at # 13 Michigan State

# (should be ranked) Wisconsin

# 7 Indiana

at # 12 Minnesota

More to follow as I think Illinois wins 2 out of 5 of these games

Next 5 games being "the gauntlet" here are the Pomeroy-based odds for winning X/5 games:

0 wins: 26.8%
    1 win: 41.6%
    2 wins: 24.0%
    3 wins: 6.6%
    4 wins: 0.9%
    5 wins: 0.04%

Comment

That one win at 41% is the card here.

Illinois is the Wild Card here they are tested In battle and have shown flashes of a team coming together.

I already know all of Michigan's strength just to many to list, what I do know is that the guard play will dictates the game.

I have this over whelming feeling that Illinois is going to WIN tomorrow and knock off another meant to be # 1 before crowned.
      Last edited by Carpet; 01-27-2013, 09:24 AM.

Comment

Took Illinois +7 early & see some places drop it to 6.5. Here's hoping they wear the orange uniforms to create an Orange Crush environment.

Comment

ILLINOIS +7 is the call

Comment

I am in them too at +7. May be a trap but I think Illinois can hang tough.

Comment

I hate my Illinois play already! Only 10 minutes gone in game. They will be lucky to keep this one within 20.

Comment

yeah, you guys were pretty brave.

Comment

I never seen a team with so much talent that is playing with such high energy basketball but the basics suck sorry

Comment

I wanted to buy it back at half but numbers didn't work. Oh well. Not your fault carpet. I played it before I even saw your post. Obviously others did too with the line drop!
                    Michigan is good but Illinois shouldn't even be thinking tourney right now. Sloppy.

Comment

They were exposed with the little things tonight vs a # 1 team and those little things add up in a hurry vs a top team.

Comment

Wiscy comes in off a loss favored by 2. What do you think? I am playing wiscy or passing myself.

Comment

Flip a coin game. Can't make a case for either side.
                          Stay away..............

Comment

Take Illinois to win this game at home today vs Wisky
                            Last edited by Carpet; 02-03-2013, 01:33 PM.

Comment

Illinois just plain flat out sucks welcome to the NIT

Comment

Working...
                              X