Best Offensive Line will determine Super Bowl Winner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Offensive Line will determine Super Bowl Winner

Whichever Offensive Line is most effective at allowing QB time to throw will determine who wins this game (IMO). I'm not sure which is the better line but I think that Baltimore's Defense will adapt better than SF's. Keapernick has the better wheels and could use that to SF's advantage to move the ball down the field but I'm not sure they will use that advantage (except for when the pocket breaks down). Seems to me that he could run more than they do to move the ball effectively. I'm not talking about when everyone knows that the run is part of the play formation- I mean when he sets up to throw but uses his legs instead.

I like Baltimore and the points- (primarily because of Baltimore containing Keapernick when it's obvious he might run). Thoughts Bettorsworld Cappers?

It was funny in the Atlanta game that SF didn't try to take advantage of Kaepernick's wheels sooner. I think it was close to the end of the 1st H before he even attempted a run. I don't know, maybe they game planned it that way. But considering the hole they got into you'd think letting him take off a few times here and there could have given Atlanta's defense something else to defense and maybe opened things up a bit for the offense.

Comment

Thanks for the reply dragon1952- always nice to here thoughts of astute bettors. This is the one thing I would have to criticize Harbaugh on. You keep hearing how much of a run threat Kaepernick is but you don't see SF fully taking advantage of that asset.

I can't help but think back years to how Minnesota's Fran Tarkenton used to beat my Lions (and many others) almost simply with his running ability. I was going to go with SF because of that threat but I see that they don't really take advantage of that edge as fully as they could. You would think they would employ it to keep Baltimore off balance.
      Last edited by guy; 01-29-2013, 05:38 PM. Reason: typo? added comment

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
        It was funny in the Atlanta game that SF didn't try to take advantage of Kaepernick's wheels sooner. I think it was close to the end of the 1st H before he even attempted a run. I don't know, maybe they game planned it that way. But considering the hole they got into you'd think letting him take off a few times here and there could have given Atlanta's defense something else to defense and maybe opened things up a bit for the offense.
        You make a great point dragon with Atlanta's contain game they played to stop the wheels. Several times that game Kapernick had room to run and he stood in the pocket all game. SF elected to rely on the cannon arm of Kapernick and not his legs.

It will be interesting to see what the Baltimore defense will dial up to stop this dual threat QB. I suspect that as dirty as the Ravens play the goal is to knock this QB out of the game and it only takes one hit. SF has the luxury of having a solid QB as back up.

SF seems like a dome fit's them well. I think they will adjust to the speed of indoor play much quicker than Baltimore will.

All the hype on Baltimore has got John Q Public in the books back pocket this week.

I personally like SF -3.5 and the over 47.5

Comment

This game goes way under I believe. Ravens 20-13

Comment

hart attack- that is way under- what makes you lean this way? Give us your thoughts my friend.

Comment

two weeks to prepare, two really good defenses, two teams that want to be able to run the ball. of course we all know how big plays roll one after another when you have an under, like the morning dew off the blades of grass.

Comment

Working...
              X