Super Bowl--What are you playing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super Bowl--What are you playing?

I know there is a few thread out there but why don;t we all throw our plays for the big game in here and see what the consensus is. Even your props.

I am on San Fran ML. Lean to the under.

I have worked San Fran into a few ML parlays over the past couple weeks with hoops and now have them positioned as a 2-1 dog the way my wagers have worked out.

But if I were to play it now, I would wait and get the best money line I could get with SF.

I play SMALL on the super bowl as it is way too over-hyped to find and value except if you shop the props which I don't. There are way too many other bettting opportunities out there with NHL, CBB, NBA, that to go crazy on the sharpest line of the year. Just my opinion. That being said, I don;t think you are normal if you do not have some type of wager on he super bowl, either by your book or some kind of pool!
    Hell, we bet on the halftime act's first song at my party--Keeps the girls interested!

I am parlaying San fran - 7 1/2 ( sell 4 pts ) and over 50 ( Sell 2 1/2 ). I am thinking San fran blowout. Good luck to all.

Comment

It will be interesting to see what the Baltimore defense will dial up to stop this dual threat QB. I suspect that as dirty as the Ravens play the goal is to knock this QB out of the game and it only takes one hit. SF has the luxury of having a solid QB as back up.

SF seems like a dome fit's them well. I think they will adjust to the speed of indoor play much quicker than Baltimore will.

All the hype on Baltimore has got John Q Public in the books back pocket this week.

I personally like SF -3.5 and the over 47.5

Carpet
      Last edited by Carpet; 01-30-2013, 07:38 PM.

Comment

props that I like after first glance- over 1.5 ints & over 4 sacks & under 40.5 FDs

Comment

Carpet. I agree. I see Alex smith being a factor in this game. Just the way it happens sometimes...

Comment

Carpet and woodee12- how's it going guys? Question for you both- Has Alex Smith been playing much since Kaepernick got the QB job? If not (and I'm really not sure without going back to look) would you still be confident in him taking over in this big, high pressure game? If so- please give us you thoughts. Thanks bros. BOL with your bets.

Comment

There is a prop for whether Alex Smith will take a snap or not. I think it pays pretty well.

Comment

just looked at the box scores for balt/sf post season games....every game went WAAAY over 40.5 FDs. doesn't seem right, but the numbers never lie. scratch the under 40.5 FDs

also, can anyone locate the info on which teams in each balt & SF post season game won the toss? do they want the pigskin or do they defer?
                Last edited by hart attack; 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM. Reason: my fez went limp

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack View Post
                  just looked at the box scores for balt/sf post season games....every game went WAAAY over 40.5 FDs. doesn't seem right, but the numbers never lie. scratch the under 40.5 FDs

also, can anyone locate the info on which teams in each balt & SF post season game won the toss? do they want the pigskin or do they defer?
                  SF won and elected to receive @GB, @jets, buff, NYG, arizonia, @GB (palyoffs)
                  SF won and deferred @minn, @ne, ari
                  I can't find the info on the atlanta game or the first arizonia game. SF did receive against ari, and did kickoff against atl just don't have the coin toss or who deferred etc. info.

Baltimore
                  received the first game of the season against the bengals
                  elected to defer EVERY coin win after against NE, cle, @cle, @pitt, @sd, @wash, denver, @NE(playoff)

if it's not listed then they did not win the toss.

Comment

resteasy, thanks for the research. I tried to look at all the play-by-play & see if coin toss results preceded the opening kickoff but none of the sites had it. Seems that the prop "who kicks off" could be very hittable IF we know the Ravens defer if they win and looks like SF takes the ball if they win. certainly worth a look. btw, Jim Rome SWEARS the toss will be "TAILS" as he went over his prop bet locks.
                    Last edited by hart attack; 02-01-2013, 11:07 AM. Reason: my fez went limp again

Comment

Played 2 props:
                      Defensive or Special TYeams TD- Yes (+160)
                      1st score other than a TD (+140)
                      Rest I've played tons of middles, a couple with No risk. If I hit 1, it's profitable. It's fun to keep track of everything throughout the game. Almost every play is meaningful for something.
                      Kaepernick Passing yards, over 217.5, under 238.5
                      Flacco Passing yards over 235, under 250.5
                      Gore Rushing Yards over 80.5, Under 82.5
                      Rice rushing yards over 65, Under 69.5
                      Torrey Smith Rec Yds Over 60.5, Under 64.5
                      James Rushing Yds over 25.5, Under 27.5
                      Pita Rec Yds over 44.5, Under 46.5
                      Crabtree Rec Yds Over 78.5, Under 82.5
                      Moss Rec Yds Over 34.5, Under 36.5
                      Davis Rec Yds over 49.5, Under 50.5 No Risk
                      Delanie Walker Rec Yds Over 20.5, Under 25.5
                      James Rec Yds Over 7.5, Under 9.5
                      Gore Rec Yds Over 15.5, Under 17.5

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack View Post
                        resteasy, thanks for the research. I tried to look at all the play-by-play & see if coin toss results preceded the opening kickoff but none of the sites had it. Seems that the prop "who kicks off" could be very hittable IF we know the Ravens defer if they win and looks like SF takes the ball if they win. certainly worth a look. btw, Jim Rome SWEARS the toss will be "TAILS" as he went over his prop bet locks.
                        that's what I posted. These are Known coin toss wins and what the teams did.

Every coin win the ravens deferred Except the very first game of the season against the bengals.
                        9'ers received 6 out of 9 coin wins.

Probably why there is juice on baltimore kicking off.

Comment

Props: Baltimore wins 1-6 +420, SF wins 1-6 +310
                          Kapernick rushing under 43 1/2 yards +130
                          Good Luck Guys!

Comment

Paul Jolovitz on WIP 94.1 Philadelphia has stated that Baltimore's Dennis Petit OVER on 44.5 yards receiving might be the best prop bet in Super Bowl history. Not sure I disagree its a bad play . . .

Comment

I like "will either team score 3 unanswered time?"
                              No at +145.

Comment

Working...
                              X