Tuesday Hoops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tuesday Hoops

I stunk yesterday. Okie was a wire to wire loser.

Onto today---

Michigan -7 over Ohio State--revenge game, Mich off loss and at home, OSU is overrated. Michigan by 12.

Arkansas +12 over Florida--Florida is a covering machine. 9-1 last 10 ATS with not even a close one really. Ark is scrappy and a home puppy. Not saying that they win but think they hang within the number and end Florida's ATS run.

Looking at--

Witchy State -10 over SO Ill.

Mizzou State +13 over UNI

Depaul +3 over Nova

Also, Can Penn State break into the win column against Purdue tonight. I kinda of like them + the points as Purdue does not impress me at all this year. Big 10 guys, what do you think?

Something I found online.

quote, Here is a Margin of Cover (MOC) breakdown for NBA and college basketball. Renamed "sweat barometer" in Chad Millman of ESPN's column, MOC is similar to scoring margin, but it is measured by how much a team covers or fails to cover the point spread.

Many sports handicappers believe MOC is invaluable in isolating under and overvalued teams.

As of: entering January 29 action.

Minimum number of lined games: 10.

Here are the top teams to bet on according to their MOC

Team ATS Record Margin of Cover
    Miami (FL) 12-3 +8.6
    Florida 11-4 +7.4
    Southern Miss 12-6 +6.9
    Colorado State 9-7 +5.6
    Western Mich 9-6 +5.2
    Michigan 12-6-1 +4.8

These would be the best teams to best against according to MOC

Team ATS Record Margin of Cover
    Marshall 3-11 -5.7
    Cleveland St. 6-12 -5.2
    Wisc-Milw 6-12 -5.2
    Old Dominion 5-11 -5.1
    Miss State 5-9 -5.0
    IUPUI 6-15 -4.8

Houston and the LA Clippers top the NBA with a MOC of (+2.4). San Antonio is next at (+2.1).

The best teams to bet against have been Boston at (-2.7), Sacramento at (-2.2), and Philadelphia at (-2.0). unquote

Comment

VILLANOVA -2.5 vs Depaul

This is the same Nova squad that knocked off two top five teams this year. I know they are on the road but depaul just sucks.

NOVA by 10

Comment

I grabbed Florida -10.5 last night. Also on Villanova, got them at -2.5. I stayed away from the Mich/OhioSt, as I feel that line right on. I'll pull for you on that one Woodee, cause I am a fan of the wolverine team, but unfrotunately was already on the other side of you on FLA and VILL. My only reasoning being, I am along for the ride on the Gator express, they have been a ATS gift, and I don't think Depaul stacks up to Villanovas talent, and that should be plenty. GL Guys!

Comment

Nova spanking Depaul 87-63 with 5 minutes to go
          Last edited by Carpet; 02-05-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Nice call Carpet, and Woodee on Arkansas too!

Comment

Arkansas is the real shocker of the night so far, glad I stayed off this game.

Nova is not a shocker to me Nova was the easiest Bet on the table when value was factored in. I loaded up on Villinova tonight.

I kept thinking over and over when looking at this matchup Nova giving up only 2.5 to depaul. I watched Nova take down two top ranked teams and I have watched Depaul and the level of distance was easy to spot.

Final Score Nova 91 Depaul 74
              Last edited by Carpet; 02-05-2013, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Clunker of a day overall. Arkansas was my big winner. Michigan didn;t come out to play as much as I thought. OSU played tough.

One play that killed my night was Witchita State losing SU at SIU. I had a ML parlay with them, Valpo, and Michigan. SIU is terrible. Witchy better start looking NIT now after being ranked earlier in the year. Gotta win those gimmes on the road.
                The MVC is down to Creighton and Indy state for the title....They play tonight. Should be a good game!

Comment

Tonite(wednesday), I bought 3 pts /each of these games, Wisconsin -5 at home vs Iowa, it's almost a must win here for Wiscy, and home cookin', Marquette -1 @SFla, see previous reason minus the home cookin', and Mich St -2 home vs Minny. Mich St looks solid, Minny in disarray right now. As I said, I bought 3 pts on all, just feel better getting that, worth the extra juice here I believe.
                  Then a couple singles I got last night early, Uconn -1 vs St Johns. similiar to the Depaul/Villanova game last night, I think talent-wise, Uconn the better team if they show up. Then had grabbed Creighton -5 too.
                  Heartbreaker last night for my Bucks(and me). I had dropped under $100 with one of my books, so decided to drop it all on the Bucks +7 against the Nuggets. Bucks in control all game, led by 15 or more alot of the way. Even still up a dozen early 4th. Yup, you figured right, they lose by 8! When I get something like that happen, I tell myself that maybe I need to lighten up, but then I wake up the next day, and need that fix

Comment

Yeah, that Milwaukee game hurt. Amazingly bad beat! I am jumping back on them tonight tho.

My college plays--
                    Mich State/Wiscy-ML Parlay---Wiscy has revenge against a beating they took in Iowa City earlier in the year as well as MSU against Minny. Michigan State plays like poo when I bet on them so beware!

Providence +5 over Cinnci
                    Charlotte +10 over Temple
                    Nevada +7 over Colo State

Hopefully my week turns around. Hit 65% last week, and down to about 30% this week!

Comment

Woodee.... I like your ML play alot, may still add that to my night. And, one of us will hit the Bucks game tonite... cause after that tuff loss, I went the opposite, and dropped more than I usually do on Utah minus the 5. BTB road games, after a game like that, plus Sanders may be out, after that fall last nite. I really hate betting against my home team, but felt it is the right play here. GL, and go Wiscy and MISt!

Comment

One down, one to go. How Minny stays ranked is beyond me.
                        This should drop them out???

Comment

Freaking wiscy is pissing me off. They are overrated too.
                          Better get thier act together.

Can you believe ku? Didn't bet it but tcu is bad. What's up with these teams??

Comment

Working...
                          X