Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hoops Monday

I am looking over the short card today.

My focus is on the Kansas-Iowa State game. Initial lean is on Kansas at a pk'em. But Iowa State has not lost at home this year and if you remember, they should have beat KU in the Phog but Mclemore banked a 3 in at the buzzer to tie it up and then KU rolled in OT.

This is the biggest men's hoops game in Ames, IA in a long time. Tourney implications, Big 12 title implications, etc.

ISU has strong senior leadership. BUT they are streaky shooting the bomb, and have little offensive structure.

Back with more, but I am pretty sure I am on Kansas with my money but ISU with my heart!

Small play on kansas pk'em. Want to go big but its a tough game to predict. I think there is some value with KU but not enough to go too big. Over is worth a look too.

Other plays--
    Seton Hall +6 over Nova

Cuse/Marquette UNDER 61.5 (first half)

GL guys.

Comment

Scary game to bet and very tempted by Kansas. Some things to consider,
      1 - Kansas is 13-1 against Iowa St over their last 14 matches
      2 - Iowa St is just 1-3 vs top 25 teams this year
      3- Iowa St played a great game against them last time out and still lost
      4 - Kansas is playing for the league title over these last few games and has appeared
      to turn things around after their 3 game losing streak.
      however,
      5 - Kansas has not been blowing anyone out on the Big 12 road either. In fact, except for Texas Tech
      Kansas' other 6 league road games have been a 5 pt W, 4 pt W, 5 pt W, L, L, 1 pt W.
      6- and, of course and as mentioned, Iowa St in undefeated at home this year

Sagarin's predictor formula has Kansas with a 2.8 pt edge after factoring in Iowa St home court advantage.
      The line is currently at Kansas -1.5. This game will very likely be down to the wire. But based on Kansas'
      recent dominance of this match-up you would think taking them to basically just win the game would be
      a better than average shot.

Comment

A couple I like.

Villanova -4.5 at Seton Hall - The Hall has lost 9 in a row and 13 of their last 14. Only 1 of those losses was by less than 4 pts. Villanova has won 5 of their last 6 and 2 of their last 3 wins were @ UConn by 9 and vs Marquette by 4.
        Marquette +1.5 vs Syracuse - Nice ranked home dog who is 7-0 at home in league play.
        Kansas -1.5 - I may play Kansas to win but I think it will be very close which is why I am
        teasing Iowa St to +6.

I'm playing this 4.5 pt teaser for now. Pays just 1.64-1 but I like it.
        Marquette +6
        Villanova - PK
        Iowa St +6

Comment

I am officially done with this. Seriously, I'm cashing out tonight.
          Iowa St + 6 loses by 12 in OT. Villanova is up by 2 with 16 sec left AND the ball, Hall gets a steal AND a 3 to go up by 1 then Nova misses the winning jumper. See ya next football season.

Comment

Working...
          X