Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG TEN AND THE NCAA TOURNAMENT

From today's WSJ:
    In the NCAA tournament, the Big Ten ranks sixth in win precentage over the last 10 years.
    However, they posted the second highest winning precentage the last two years.
    The Big East has the best winning precentage over the last two years and the ACC has the
    best winning precentage over the last ten years.
    The biggest surprise conference over the last 10 years was the Horizon League.
    They had the lowest rating of 13 conferences studied, but have the fifth-highest
    winning precentage. Butler who helped boost that precentage is no longer in the Horizon
    conference.

The Big 10 is loaded there is no doubt as to why they have the best winning % over the last 2 years in the dance.

I wonder how the Big 10 has fared vs the spread in the dance last few years?

Indiana and Michigan is TOP SHELF good. Both teams playing high level basketball.

Michigan State has all the weapons to do some damage.

Wisky is always dangerous come tourney time.

Ohio State sure seems to peaking at the right time. Solid guard Craft at point.

Illinois finds it self on the bubble to make the dance and a 8 seed vs 9 seed vs Minny in the Big 10 tourney first round game. Many say Illinois is a 9 seed to make the dance to play San Diego State. I am not so sure without a win. Illinois has a great history beating top teams but coming into the dance losing 3 in a row sure smells.

Minny another team that really needs a win and they play Illinois opening game of the big 10 tourney.

Comment

BIG 10 THURSDAY

I have watched the Big 10 beat the hell out of each other for 2 months so another 3 days wont change my views.

For the 1st round there isn't much separating each team from another with the exception of Michigan. Let's take a look at the 4 games

Penn State + 14.5 vs Michigan. Michigan is in my opinion one of the best teams in the Big 10. Penn is a gritty bunch and could just hang around that magic number of 15

Illinois +2 vs Minnesota .I do not know what to make of this game. I do know the gophers got a player back who they needed for this game. Tubbys squad is dangerous. Illinois is a mystery, I got to roll with John Groce to fire this team up

Purdue -5.5 over NB This spread should be more like 8

Iowa -9.5 over Northwestern. The wildcats are thin but these kids can bring it with 6 players, Being at home (CHICAGO) I got to take the under dog

Comment

Working...
      X