COnference Tourney Plays and Discussion Week of March 11-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• COnference Tourney Plays and Discussion Week of March 11-17

Let's get a nice discussion/play thread going for the hot and heavy action coming up in the next few days.

Exciting time of year and lots of betting opportunities. I tend to over-play every year and then head into the tourney on a cold streak so this year I am going to be pretty selective. I have been doing well going with 3-5 plays each day on the big boards but not much more than that. I will post my thoughts as I am right in the thick of the cbb hoops market right now and have a good feel.

One trend I have been hammering the past 2 weeks is the under in the 1st half in a lot of games. Seems like teams are coming out slow and with a controlled game plan early. But to play an under in the full game is very risky as teams are fouling up to the last tick of the clock and foul shots add up. Overs in the 2nd are probably a good look too, but I usually don't have the time to stay on top of a game that close.

So, lets pick some winners, find a couple sleepers as the big time tourneys start and make some money!

Just for some action 2nite, taking the Hall even against S Florida. Looking forward to your insight Woodman, as you have been sizzling.

Comment

Tuesday--

One Play for sure--

Nevada +3 over Wyoming...Wyoming is not the same without their star player who is out suspended. I think they pretty much quit. Nevada can light it up with their 2 scoring options.

Leans on:
      Wright State +8
      Over 155 LIU/mt. st. marys

Comment

Here I was ready to post my top 2 picks for tonight and I see Woodee is on Nevada. Sorry Woodee hate to go against you on the first pick especially the way you been hitting.

Wyoming -3.5 over Nevada (my numbers show Wyoming by 12)

South Dakota State Jack Rabbits + 1.0 over N Dakota State Bison's (My numbers show SD by 7

Comment

Looking at Thursday, I like three dogs playing against teams
          that are already in the NCAA tournament.
          Penn St. + 14.5 over Mich
          Va. Tech +11.5 over NC State
          Baylor + 2.5 over Ok State

Comment

...or projcted to be in.

Comment

If only the K-man could type.
              Looks like we are off to a good start tonight.

Comment

Nevada up by 4 at half. Lose by 4. Spread right on the money!

Comment

[QUOTE=Carpet;188871]Wyoming -3.5 over Nevada (my numbers show Wyoming by 12) WIN

South Dakota State Jack Rabbits + 1.0 over N Dakota State Bison's (My numbers show SD by 7 QUOTE] WIN
                  Last edited by Carpet; 03-13-2013, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Good wins, Carpet. I wanted so badly to play SD State, but culdn't pull the trigger!

Lean On Providence +4 in the big east opening game. Haven't made a play on it yet. I am only going to play my top 1-2 plays for real money today. Lots of games but nothing catching my eye. Going to watch the line moves and maybe play some closer to tip.

I will play TCU +11 over Texas if it gets back to 11 by tonight. Texas is not good enough to be favored by this much. TCU has a bad record but they have hung around with some teams and just beat Okie. 11 is too many.

Comment

Ball State Cardinals + 3.0 over Buffalo Bulls-My numbers show Ball State winning straight up

Villonova -4.5 over St Johns- Nova by 7

Comment

One play today.
                        Houston -10.5 over Rice
                        Rice lost to Tulsa by 6 in their last game, but over
                        their last 6 games (all losses) the average margin
                        of defeat has been 16 points.

Comment

I'm going to give the 14 to the Hall, after playing overtime last night, and hope Syracuse plays a full game. Syacuse -14. I like your Houston play K-man, may have to put a little something on your sound advice. My other play is the Bucks covering 1.5 at the wizards in the NBA. Milwaukee been hot as of late, 8 of 9 before losing last night. Think a bounce back in store. Sorry for posting an NBA pik in the college thread

Comment

Originally posted by oldluds View Post
                            I'm going to give the 14 to the Hall, after playing overtime last night, and hope Syracuse plays a full game. Syacuse -14.
                            I had the same thoughts on this game. Was able to get Syr -10.5 shortly after the game started and also OV 122.5. Looks like Syr started out sluggish but hoping they can pull away 2nd H with the fresher legs.

Comment

Thought I posted but did not go thru...

don't want to re-type but here is the jist...

With you for sure on Ball State +3. One of the best on the board IMO.

May sneak in Wash State + late if it gets to 3. Huge public fade there and I like that on the real late games. Should see +3 at least. At +2.5.

Like the Bucks play too. I was on them last night. Playing Philly +9 myself over the streaking heat--probably dumb.

GL guys.

Eying the Iowa State-Okie game for thursday too...should be a good one. Leaning ISU now.

Comment

Working...
                              X