No announcement yet.

COnference Tourney Plays and Discussion Week of March 11-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice wins by Illinois and Iowa State to hopefully seal thier tourney bids!

Whats up with the Xavier/St. Joes game. I see Xavier having the upper hand in this game but its +1 Xavier.

X beat STL and only lost to Butler by a few and beat Memphis. I think they are playing good ball.

I am going to take a stab at Xavier +1 over St. Joes.

Comment

Adding:
      Clemson over Florida State later. Looking to get +3 by tip.

Comment

Illinois opens as a 9.5 Underdog vs Indiana.

No one knows really what is going to happen in this match up but I sure like getting 9.5 points with a team that can play ball with any team out there. (Illini seem to play up or down to the level of team)

Leadership is key and I cannot discount the Senior Leadership this Illini teams has as a team. This is a exciting team to watch and a painful team to bet.

This match up with Indiana should be a good one in my eyes, the Illini fresh off dusting the rust off and feeling some swagger after a win.

Indiana is going to have their hands full in this game.

It does not matter where these two teams play each other it is always a close game.

I am going to take my hard earned cash and place it on Illinois too cover the 9.5 because they will

It would not surprise me if Illinois wins the entire tourney, just catch a spark in a bottle at the right time and Groce is the Genie of the Lamp.

Comment

Watched all of the Tx/K. St game. Just can't place
          it, but I've seen the K. State coach before. At some
          other college?
          Seriously, the surprising thing was how well K. State
          played Defense. They also had exceptional ball movement
          against the zone.

Comment

Illinois is 3-0 in the #1 vs #8 B1G Tournament game.

Illinois is undefeated (1-0) vs Indiana in the #1 vs #8 BTT game.

Illinois is undefeated vs Indiana this season.

All signs point Illini tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
              Watched all of the Tx/K. St game. Just can't place
              it, but I've seen the K. State coach before. At some
              other college?
              Seriously, the surprising thing was how well K. State
              played Defense. They also had exceptional ball movement
              against the zone.
              It is called ball movement Weber is a master at that but only with the right players. And he found them. This is a pretty good team for sure

Comment

Took K. State and passed on Baylor, so 3-1 for me last two days.
                I will not be playing any games on Saturday.
                so....
                Got two for tomorrow:
                Va+1 over N.C. St.
                S. Miss -3.5 over UTEP

Pending Clem/Fla St. another good day for all.

Comment

Carpet, about K. State, you would think they would
                  be vulnerable to a long reach/ taller team, but they are not.
                  We need to look seriously at their matchup when the brackets
                  are set Sunday night.

Comment

Saying that, who do you like in the k-state/okie state match up? its a pk'em. K-state just beat okie st to end the year. Will be a good one for sure.

K-
                    I am on UTEP +3 over So.Miss. I rode SM yesterday but think UTEP can shut them down with thier D to steal a win.

Others I am on early--

Ohio State -13 over Nebraska---I think OSU will make a run to the finals. In my eyes they are a tad underrated.

Iowa/Mich State---Lean on Mich State bc Iowa just does not have the talent to keep up with the big biys yet. Want to work them in a ML parlay somehow.

UNDER 58.5 Virginia/NC St--1st half. If Virginia is in it, its going to be a slow game, and I think they will be like K-Man has in his play.

More later---

Comment

I really want to play Illinois too, but thayt 9 point spread is always a killer. Indy is not that good to be laying 9.5 but at the end, it may come down to fouls. I don't think Illinois can beat them again though.

Comment

Clearly the Illini are playing far better than late January.

They won their ugly game in a mini upset versus the Gophers, when they forced 19 turnovers, but they shot just 32% and were -12 on the boards.

Fundamentals are all wrong for the Illini in this game, much like when the Hoosiers had them blown out in the first meeting before collapsing in the final minutes against the Illini. Revenge motive here for the Hoosiers. Crean has no problem rubbing your nose in it and will be making sure to tell it to your assistance's face. That d-bag might even try to cut down the nets after this game!

I tossing out the Illini kool aid and pulling up my striped red and white pants.

I do hate Hoosiers, but they are going to roll by 12+.

Comment

Lines are really tight today. I think it may be one of those upset days....

Small plays----

B.C. +10 over Miami-Fl--BC came out and smoked GT yesterday. Miami tends to overlook teams and see this one more competitive than antcipated.

ML Parlay-- UNC/KU---
                          As much as I hate to say it, I think Kansas beats ISU one more time. ISU needed a hug comeback yesterday and they just did not look sharp. They got the one win they needed to feel safe and although they have super-size revenge, I cannot see them winning on this neutral court. +6 looks juicy too but I think its one of those that is close but free throws down the stretch cover for KU.
                          UNC should roll over an offensively challnged FSU team.

Comment

One More and then I am going to call it a morning for plays...

Michigan -140 ML over Wiscy---Wiscy beat Mich in Madison in OT after Wiscy hit a long buzzer beater 3 to send it to OT. Revenge and Wiscy is not a top rated team in my eyes. Public play but, oh well!

Comment

Really, Really like that Mich play. I'm going to put in a m/l play now. thnx.
                              re: UTEP/S. Miss. That's good (maybe not for one of us $ wise),
                              because I think there is better value to be had in some of
                              the mid-major matchups this weekend. Especially if the favs
                              go thru in the big conferences.
                              GL today.

Comment

Brutal loss on bc. Down 5 with 40 seconds. Lose by 11 bc Miami got free on press for 3 uncontested layups. That hurts. How does that happen 3 times? Plus a bc guy missed 2 ft who shoots 87% from line.
                                Sickening.

Comment

Working...
                                X