NCAA BRACKET

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA BRACKET

The Bracket is out let's talk about this.

The bracket mentality is based on straight up my approach is going to be two fold both straight up and ATS.

A friend of mine is running a bracket contest over on Yahoo it's 5 bucks to get in with a limit of 5 brackets. It's a dog gone shame we do not have a NCAA Bracket contest here.

We are All smart cappers here and not one of us can put together a contest it blows my mind. There is still time.

On to the dance card.

I see a team that lost 20 games this year made the dance they went 15-20 this year.

I see that St Louis got a # 4 seed has got to be the most over rated seed out there.

Illinois makes the dance with a soft landing at # 7 they will play Colorado who is going to cause Illinois fits. Colorado relies on defense to score points, this is going to be a close game/Illinois by 3

Indiana did not get snubbed from the # 1 seed overall they simply game it away, you don't lose 3 out of 6 games in the last lap and expect to be exalted. The strength of Cody Zeller inside is going to surprise a lot of teams out side the big 10.

Coach Izzo said "I am worn out playing the Big 10 this year, I would rather play the lakers tomorrow than another Big 10 team" . There is a lot of truth to that statement.

The entire year most have said the Big 10 is Loaded and could be the best conference out there, they have been so busy beating each other to death they look forward to a new challenge or different style of ball.

Ohio State has by far the most over rated ranking of any Big 10 team
    Last edited by Carpet; 03-17-2013, 07:10 PM.

Im NOT a big NCAA basketball guy, but I like to fill those brackets and plan to take a look at what Vegas thinks and see if there are any surprising odds on the card.

The only team that sniffs of "over-hype" to me right now is Miami.

Comment

Saint Louis is the real deal, not overrated at all. Solid squad top to bottom, someone Louisville doesn't want to see in Sweet16

Comment

Minnesota getting in is a total joke. There is a definite big 10 bias on that committee. They should have been left out and another team more deserving should have got in.

Also, I don't understand why Ohio State is overrated. If they are, how did they get thru this so called power conference tourney to take the title.

Anyway, its going to be a great tourney. St.Louis may be the "buzz" team this year and get taken out. I rolled with them all year except yesterday when I jumped on VCU dumbly.

I haven't looked at a bracket yet besides seeing the show yesterday. I like to do one without hearing all these so called experts give their opinions, and also make my own lines. I get clouded with thier opinions and it screws me every year!

I too believe we have the sharpest guys around in here and we can probably out pick many of these experts!
        Last edited by woodee12; 03-18-2013, 12:03 PM.

Comment

I think you're right. Even with a so-so Friday our picks were
          on the right side just under 3 out of every 4 games picked.
          14-6 if my notes are correct.
          I'll have limited access to post this week, but I'm expecting to
          follow everyone's picks. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
            Minnesota getting in is a total joke. There is a definite big 10 bias on that committee. They should have been left out and another team more deserving should have got in.
            Its really weird you posted that, because according to this website:

http://bustingbrackets.com/2013/03/1...betting-lines/

. . Minnesota is a 3 point FAVORITE v UCLA??? Even more confusing that Minny is a six versus UCLA being an eleven . . .. .

Comment

Yeah. It has to do with Jordan Adams being out for ucla. Minny got a good draw too.

This bracket is a joke thus year when you dig in. Power conferences rule still. I hope a bunch of smaller schools smoke them. St Louis, new Mexico, etc.

This st Mary's- mtsu game is going to be a good one!

Comment

I set up a Bettorsworld only Bracket Challenge on ESPN. Get your entries in now and we can decide on an entry fee or just play for fun. You'll have to register at ESPN if you are not already registered there. You can just import one of your current brackets with them if you already have filled one out there. They allow TEN brackets. Choose just one for BW. The link below should take you right to our Private Group. GL! Pass the word. Maybe Jeff can send out an email to the list.

The Details:

Play Tournament Challenge on ESPN.com.

Get in on the excitement of this year's NCAA Men's Basketball Tournament. Compete against other fans as you fill out a bracket and earn points for every correct pick! Come out on top and you could win a $10,000 Best Buy gift card. Get a group together and earn plenty of bragging rights among your friends by winning it all. Best of all, it's free to play and win.

Get in the action now:
                http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-...n-invite-email

On mobile:
                http://games.espn.go.com/tournament-...n-invite-email

Group: Bettorsworld Bracket
                Password: BW

Comment

In. Thanks for setting it up.

Comment

Working...
                  X