LVH SuperContest Entry- 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LVH SuperContest Entry- 2013

I'm thinking of entering the LVH SuperContest this year. Any advice on finding a reputable and reliable proxy, costs and any other helpful advice from forum members who have participated in the contest are greatly appreciated Thanks all.

Guy,
    I know Taxman set things up for the BW team last year
    and I think ?? woodee has played in previous years.
    Hopefully they will reply.

Comment

I used a very well known proxy last year. You need to go out to Vegas and register at LVH and the proxy will met you there.

The entry fee is 1,500 and the proxy fee is 300.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you would like his contact.

Comment

Taxman,
        I thought about this, but forgot to ask.
        Does the proxy also get a percentage of your winnings?
        If you do collect..................
        How do you feel about the way things went last year,
        format, having a group pick each week?
        I'm just curious because I'm always looking or thinking how
        I can improve and you guys brought the max to
        the event. I'm also weighing the idea of taking a plunge
        into the super contest. Woodee, Carpet, Charger would appreciate
        your input as well. It's "easy" to hit at 55-60%, but that next 5% is
        what seperates a lot of cappers. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
          I used a very well known proxy last year. You need to go out to Vegas and register at LVH and the proxy will met you there.

The entry fee is 1,500 and the proxy fee is 300.

Shoot me an email at [email protected] if you would like his contact.
          I was looking at info. on a service (well known) that charges $300.00 and 2% of any winnnings. Is the % split a typical deal that proxy services ask? Another wants $500.00 but is vague on anything in addition because it depends on how many contests you use him for. All I am interested in at this point is the SuperContest. How did the Bettorsworld team fare last year? Thanks again my friends.
          Last edited by guy; 05-17-2013, 12:36 PM. Reason: additional comment

Comment

Hi Guy,

I was not on the BW Team for the real Hilton contest last year and I don't know how team BW ended up.

I do know that the team had 5 members and I believe each team member was allowed one pick. Not sure how they worked it in case of a split decision.

My experience tells me the more people you have picking games on a team the more difficult it becomes to find a consensus winning week.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
              Hi Guy,

I was not on the BW Team for the real Hilton contest last year and I don't know how team BW ended up.

I do know that the team had 5 members and I believe each team member was allowed one pick. Not sure how they worked it in case of a split decision.

My experience tells me the more people you have picking games on a team the more difficult it becomes to find a consensus winning week.
              Thanks Carpet and good to hear from you- I'd have to agree with you on your point of "finding a consensus winning week." For something like this- I wouldn't go more than 2 or 3 deep and even then it might still be hard to come to agreement on the selections.

The San Souchi team that won the Hilton in 2011 was bigger than this though and somehow they managed to find a happy medium. I would think that those guys knew one another very well and that helped them to decide on a best pick strategy. They even set the Hilton win percentage record- imagine that.

Toofdoc was doing well last year and even had a chance to win it going in to the final week- he has said that he made picks with a partner too. He also said that his partner was the stronger handicapper and it seemed to work out decently for them (they finished in a four-way tie for 6th place and won over $39,000

Thanks- Taxman and Krichinsky
              Last edited by guy; 05-17-2013, 09:31 PM. Reason: Added Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=guy;189081]
                The San Souchi team that won the Hilton in 2011 was bigger than this though and somehow they managed to find a happy medium. I would think that those guys knew one another very well and that helped them to decide on a best pick strategy. They even set the Hilton win percentage record- imagine that.
                QUOTE]

They got lucky.

Comment

Yea Carpet, I'm sure that luck had a lot to do with them winning (it always does). Anyone who doesn't think that luck plays a big part in this is only deluding themselves- especially when you consider things like off-season lockouts, replacement officials. horrible and overly conservative coaching, poor player skill, way too much player movement, poor refereeing in general,etc. I could have gone on but what would be the point?

I don't care how good a handicapper a person feels they are, there are so many elements that decide the outcome of these games- it's ridiculous. All of these considerations and more contribute to why it's so hard to win over time. One season does not prove great handicapping skill- no matter how well you do in that particular season. Great skill is only established over time.

Comment

Guy,

I really don't know how a team of 5 all landed right that year.

Here is what I do know, the more people you involve it becomes a crap shoot. Limit yourself to bounce that game off no more than one person at a time, it increases your odds dramatically .

I guess what I am saying is that 5 players picking 5 games is 5 times harder than one.

Comment

REAL Final Hilton Standings for Team BW

4, 1, 0, 4.0, 36, 48, 1, 36.5, BETTORSWORLD. COM

52 points needed to finish in the money

Comment

I was apart of the BW team. It was rough. We had all of us pick three games in a star system cant remember what if it was just 321 or 531. If all of our number 1 plays were different we went with those 5 plays. If there was same game picked then we turned to the star system to pick the next game. It was hard with 5 people. Based on our picks I would say none of us really had a great year of capping. with 5 people 4 of you have to have a really good year to be even close to finishing in the money. It is hard to narrow it down to one play. I dont think our record resembled our capping abilities becuz I am pretty sure almost all of us finished with more points in our Mock hilton contest.

Comment

Working...
                        X