Handicapping College Football

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Handicapping College Football

I am interested in getting back to capping College Football but feel that trying to predict from the whole field of college teams might be more than manageble. I've heard that focusing on one or two conferences would likely give better results. What do forum College Football cappers think is the way to go? Are there conferences that are better to focus on or more stable and predictable? Thanks to all-your advice is much appreciated.

Originally posted by guy View Post
    I am interested in getting back to capping College Football but feel that trying to predict from the whole field of college teams might be more than manageble. I've heard that focusing on one or two conferences would likely give better results. What do forum College Football cappers think is the way to go? Are there conferences that are better to focus on or more stable and predictable? Thanks to all-your advice is much appreciated.
    Guy allow me to chime in. You ask a great question.

In regards to college football I have focused on one team Illinois and I know every wrinkle day to day with this program this has produced winning seasons with a laser beam focus.

Your next question was involving A focus on a particular conference Let me assure you I am all over the Big 10. That is a boat load of information to look at all on its own to add another conference would just be to much information.

My suggestion would be focus on ONE TEAM learn them inside and out within a conference and pound them.

This site offers you pockets of strengths with our players around the country with certain teams I like to think of it as having "Boots on the Ground" Intel.

Comment

Thanks Carpet- You say focus on one team and pound them, I take it you've had good success with Illinois? Do you ever feel any danger of a bias with that team? I have been following Michigan for a long time and used to have to guard against any sense of favoring them -I hated to bet against them (even when it looked like the wise move). That is sort of a dumb-capper move- huh?

Comment

Great Question. A DANGER OF BIAS-

Sure I look through Orange colored glasses from time to time with Illinois but I have been working hard to call it like it is. Illinois is a lot easier to cap than Michigan.

Illinois is a mess this year. I plan to provide a preview here exclusive at BW on my take with this football team.

Comment

Working...
        X