Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RR'S NFL PICKS 2013 (for comedy purposes only)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR'S NFL PICKS 2013 (for comedy purposes only)

This site is like totally dead..I mean graveyard.. So I thought I would stir things up a bit by posting my NFL selections for next year.. You need the Monday night bailout game.. Who do ya call.. RR84.... Okay for you non believers.. I have continuously posted a record of 43% winners..... So read them and weep.

NFC EAST:

Skins
    Cowgirls
    Eaglets
    Gmen

NFC SOUTH:

Tbay
    Hotlanta
    New Orleans laidies; Shaw P. is back
    Carolina

NFC NORTH:

Detroit
    Chicago
    Pack
    Minny

NFC WEST:

Niners
    Seachicks
    Romulans
    Cards

AFC EAST:

NE
    Fins
    Bills
    Jets

AFC SOUTH:

Titans (yes I know they have zero chance but I will see them play the Chargers this year as well as a couple of more.. I love that atmosphere there.. One of the best venues ever to watch an NFL game if you haven't been there ..DO IT..)

Texans
    Colts
    Jags

AFC NORTH:

Cincy
    Quote the Ravens
    Girl Scout Brownies
    Men of steel

AFC WEST:

Broncos
    SD
    KC and the sunshine band
    Raiders ( which will suck as bad as I have on these picks)

FYI:

These picks were meant for those who know me and newcomers..You will figure it out..

I firmly believe I will hit 43% though!! lol
    Okay that may be a stretch!!

After rethinking this I will elevate the Romulans to win the NFC West.. Jeff Fisher..the best coach in recent NFL history.. the reason..Seriously this guy knows football and the Rams will be much improved.....

Comment

to be read from bottom to top right?
      haha just messing with ya. I haven't looked too hard at the teams to determine their standings yet though I wouldn't have skins repeating.

good luck to ya.

Comment

NFC EAST:
        N.Y.G.
        Phil.
        Dallas
        Washington

NFC SOUTH:
        Atlanta
        New Orleans
        Tampa Bay
        Carolina

NFC NORTH:
        Green Bay
        Detroit
        Chicago
        Minn

NFC WEST:
        Seattle
        S.F.
        ST.L
        Arizona

AFC EAST:
        NE
        Miami
        Buffalo
        NYJ

AFC SOUTH:
        Houston
        Indy
        Ten
        Jax

AFC NORTH:
        Cincy
        Bal
        Pit
        Cleve

AFC WEST:
        Denver
        KC
        SD
        Oak

Comment

Dragon,

Thanks for putting your picks on this thread. I know without a doubt that if we went head to head in the NFL that you would embarrass me quite easily. I do have a question though....How do you guys do so well in the NFL with all the turn over ala retirement, trades, the draft etc.... There always seems to be some really big surprises conference to conference every year. I would think you would have to put a considerable amount of time in to be successful.

FYI- I was just throwing a number out there when I said I would hit my usual 43% and then I saw Widestrides pickers list and of course I am at 43% lol. I only hope I can break 45 this year..lol

Take care! RR84

Comment

Good to see you Red Raider

Comment

Well I started this for comedy purposes only but I will make a long shot prediction and say that the Detroit Lions not only make it to the Super Bowl but they win it... Yes this is why I suck at the NFL but I just have a hunch...You would not question they possibly have the best wide out in the game today. The qb certainly can throw it.. the defensive line with fairly and the idiot from nebraska that always gets into trouble but is awesome..

They will win the championship this year..Hey.. I always suck at the NFL so don't pay attention to me..Not this YEAR...

Comment

Hope to see you guys in the Mock Hilton this year?

Comment

red raider- Detroit is my home team and I've seen an awful lot of Lions football over the years. I agree that they will be improved this year but they still have holes Offensively (O-Line and need more solid secondary receiver) and Defensively (LB"s and Secondary). If they don't make the playoffs this year though- there should be a coaching change. The Head Coach is not very impressive (IMO) and they have to win despite his failings.

If they don't get to they playoffs and at least win one playoff game, I think that someone else will be coaching the team in 2014.
                  The Super Bowl is quite out of the question (IMO).

Comment

Originally posted by guy View Post
                    red raider- Detroit is my home team and I've seen an awful lot of Lions football over the years. I agree that they will be improved this year but they still have holes Offensively (O-Line and need more solid secondary receiver) and Defensively (LB"s and Secondary). If they don't make the playoffs this year though- there should be a coaching change. The Head Coach is not very impressive (IMO) and they have to win despite his failings.

If they don't get to they playoffs and at least win one playoff game, I think that someone else will be coaching the team in 2014.
                    The Super Bowl is quite out of the question (IMO).
                    I’m an old Detroiter who as a young’en used to watch the Lions and Tigers play at the corner of Trumbull Ave. and Michigan Ave. Fortunately, got smart and moved out to the West Coast with never a regret. Still in my heart a Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, and Pistons fan when they make the playoffs (LOL).

The Lions BIG problem has been the FORD family ownership (William Clay Ford II and now his son) since the early 1960’s. They’ve yet to ever make a Super Bowl under the family’s ownership and they were one of the original NFL franchises. For what they bought the team for in the early 60’s, the family is now sitting on a Gold Mine. Too bad they never spent some of the dollars on quality players to give their diehard fans a winning team that at least made the Super Bowl.

I thought with Jim Schwartz coming in from Tenny, they would have had a great defense with his stellar defensive record with the Titans. Under him as head coach, the kitten’s defense has been mediocre at times to downright terrible. I guess Jeff Fisher was the man behind Schwartz in making him appear as a defensive genius at Tenny.

Schwartz must make the playoffs this year or its bye, bye.

laxsfo99

PS: RR if Detroit gets to the Super Bowl this season as you're predicting, hell will also freeze over (LOL).

Comment

You did say this is for comedy purposes so in spirit of comedy the selection of Detroit is Hilarious.

Comment

If Detroit wins the Super Bowl, then this thread will become epic..anything can happen. Who thought the Rams would win after Trent Green went down in preseason.

Comment

LOL now that is my bettorsworld brothers at their best.. You post an outrageous statement and they will certainly correct you. Remember this is coming from a guy who has consistently achieved a 43% NFL record. I honestly think that they will be better though.. Thanks for your input and like I know anything about the NFL. lol I am probably one if not the worst on the site.. I love the feedback though..Take care!!

Comment

Hey don't make the same mistake if I tell you Vandy may beat a Georgia, SC, or Florida.. Now you are in my domain..lol.. Can't wait for the season and yes this post was for comedy purposes only and I think we have all had a few laughs..

Comment

Originally posted by laxsfo99 View Post
                              I’m an old Detroiter who as a young’en used to watch the Lions and Tigers play at the corner of Trumbull Ave. and Michigan Ave. Fortunately, got smart and moved out to the West Coast with never a regret. Still in my heart a Lions, Tigers, Red Wings, and Pistons fan when they make the playoffs (LOL).

The Lions BIG problem has been the FORD family ownership (William Clay Ford II and now his son) since the early 1960’s. They’ve yet to ever make a Super Bowl under the family’s ownership and they were one of the original NFL franchises. For what they bought the team for in the early 60’s, the family is now sitting on a Gold Mine. Too bad they never spent some of the dollars on quality players to give their diehard fans a winning team that at least made the Super Bowl.

I thought with Jim Schwartz coming in from Tenny, they would have had a great defense with his stellar defensive record with the Titans. Under him as head coach, the kitten’s defense has been mediocre at times to downright terrible. I guess Jeff Fisher was the man behind Schwartz in making him appear as a defensive genius at Tenny.

Schwartz must make the playoffs this year or its bye, bye.

laxsfo99

PS: RR if Detroit gets to the Super Bowl this season as you're predicting, hell will also freeze over (LOL).

Lax,

I seriously know zero about the NFL and I only entered the Mock Hilton for fun. I would like be the longest shot in the Kentucky Derby (Mock Hilton wise to ever win it).

But I do remember when it snowed in Alabama in early December and the Tide beat the shitout of Tebow and the Gators.. I think Detroit lost a lot of close games last year. They will be better but now to win it all Hell could freeze over. Yet nobody gave Bama a chance that game and I had 4 inches of snow in what is usually 60 degree weather.. Just saying..lol Take care buddy and keep kicking ass in college as you always do..

Comment

Working...
                              X