College Game of the Week 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Game of the Week 2013

OK I will be taking a break this year as "regulator" for the College contest, I have been managing it since 2004. We will need a volunteer to step up and run the contest this year. The season starts in a little more than 7 weeks, so Jeff and I will be taking "applications" for someone to run this year's contest, so if you are interested leave your name in this thread!

Well X it was a hell of a run gun slinging your way for 9 years and "regulating" as you say the contest. You brought us a great deal of fun and memories. Why such the short 7 week notice? Did you violate your Parole ?
    Last edited by Carpet; 07-11-2013, 07:20 PM.

Comment

I will do it if we have no other volunteers. I had rather just participate though. I would suggest Woodee or Dragon because they both seem practical minded and won't get irate even when someone makes a mistake or asks a stupid question.... Just me.. I mainly want this contest to go forward..

Comment

RR, I would be willing to assist you, if you want some help.

I am knowledgeable in Excel and can keep up with the picks and standings.

Comment

It would actually be very helpful if we had more than one volunteer. Takes some of the burden off.......

Comment

I’ll nominate a few candidates who in the past have proven track records on this site.

Monroe Eaford – did a great job (accuracy) with scorekeeping for the Spring early Summer baseball contest a few years back.

Wisconsin – several years ago was a scorekeeper for the college football bowl contest and I believe a NCAA basketball tourney. He was willing to answer questions and the scorekeeping results were accurate.

Dragon – over the years has volunteered his scorekeeping data base for the college football bowl contest and I believe the preseason pro contest.

Taxman – with the NFL contest under his preview perhaps too much to take on.

As a last resort, myself (laxsfo99), if all the above defer or no others come forward, I’ll volunteer. The last two years, I volunteered to coordinate the college upset of the week contest (posting and scorekeeping). Also, I assisted Dragon with the college bowl contest (posted spreads) in the past couple of years.

One comment: There have been a number of folks in the past, who have volunteered to post and score keep and then reneged because of time, travel, and family conflicts and others had to hastily step up. Whoever coordinates the contest this year needs to make the commitment for the total season. Accuracy, willingness to respond to questions in a timely manner, and enforcing the agreed upon rules are all necessary to coordinate these contests. Amen!
            laxsfo99

Comment

Originally posted by laxsfo99 View Post
              I’ll nominate a few candidates who in the past have proven track records on this site.

Monroe Eaford – did a great job (accuracy) with scorekeeping for the Spring early Summer baseball contest a few years back.

Wisconsin – several years ago was a scorekeeper for the college football bowl contest and I believe a NCAA basketball tourney. He was willing to answer questions and the scorekeeping results were accurate.

Dragon – over the years has volunteered his scorekeeping data base for the college football bowl contest and I believe the preseason pro contest.

Taxman – with the NFL contest under his preview perhaps too much to take on.

As a last resort, myself (laxsfo99), if all the above defer or no others come forward, I’ll volunteer. The last two years, I volunteered to coordinate the college upset of the week contest (posting and scorekeeping). Also, I assisted Dragon with the college bowl contest (posted spreads) in the past couple of years.

One comment: There have been a number of folks in the past, who have volunteered to post and score keep and then reneged because of time, travel, and family conflicts and others had to hastily step up. Whoever coordinates the contest this year needs to make the commitment for the total season. Accuracy, willingness to respond to questions in a timely manner, and enforcing the agreed upon rules are all necessary to coordinate these contests. Amen!
              laxsfo99
              Lax,

If you want to put your name in the hat I will go back to doing the upset of the week. I really had rather again just participate but just want all this to keep going and I am willing to help any way possible. I agree with you that this takes time and we need someone that does have the time available. I like your list of candidates and I believe any of them if willing would do a great job..

Comment

I realize I lack a track record of administering any contests at this site, so if there is any hesitancy or reluctance to accept my assistance, I understand completely. No hard feelings at all. Whoever administers the contest must be depended upon to maintain accurate records, be willing to take on the task all season long, and not flake out after a few weeks.

I am willing to volunteer to assist whoever administers the contest in any way possible. When I played the Mock Hilton contest two years ago, I maintained my own records, updating them to see how I was doing before the "official" results were posted each week. I run a small contest at work similar to the Mock Hilton contest, but on a smaller scale. I am proficient in MS Excel (which I used to keep my records) and would be willing to assist any others in any record or score keeping capacity, etc.

If you need my assistance, I would love to help.

Comment

Originally posted by OCK View Post
                  I realize I lack a track record of administering any contests at this site, so if there is any hesitancy or reluctance to accept my assistance, I understand completely. No hard feelings at all. Whoever administers the contest must be depended upon to maintain accurate records, be willing to take on the task all season long, and not flake out after a few weeks.

I am willing to volunteer to assist whoever administers the contest in any way possible. When I played the Mock Hilton contest two years ago, I maintained my own records, updating them to see how I was doing before the "official" results were posted each week. I run a small contest at work similar to the Mock Hilton contest, but on a smaller scale. I am proficient in MS Excel (which I used to keep my records) and would be willing to assist any others in any record or score keeping capacity, etc.

If you need my assistance, I would love to help.
                  Ock...

Forgive me for not saying at least thanks to your offer. I just really had rather participate and if nobody else heads it up I would take it and would be honored to have you assist me. Hey as far as my concern you sound great to run the contest and I could assist you. I have no problem with it whatsoever. You sound like you are more than willing and I appreciate your eagerness. The final decision is Jeff's and I think we could do way worse than a guy like you!!

Take care OCK!!

Comment

OCK-Has my vote

Comment

Thanks for the kind words RR and Carpet.

I am not interested in running the contest, but am available to assist as much as needed.

Comment

I would be willing/available to run the CGOW. I have filled in for a few
                        weekends in the past and there were no problems. I truly enjoy the
                        group here and this would be a small way to pay back for all of the insight I
                        get. I may have, at the most, two weekends where I will not be able
                        to provide prompt results. If that happens, I will advise OCK and we can
                        work out the details. If someone else wants to do it, no problem at all from
                        me. laxsfo has already offered......
                        Just feel we need to get everything set before August.

Comment

Kman and Ockman..... Actually Kman I consider you a friend and a class act on the site.. I hope you guys get it and I agree that this should be settled asap.. Good luck Kman I am in your corner 100%.

ROLL TIDE!!

Comment

@ Carpet: Its just time for someone else to get all the "Glory". I'm willing to help the new Chief in any way I can, would love to see the contest go another 9 years!

Comment

Jeff, Send me a private E-Mail on who you want and the backup so I can make the announcement ASAP.............Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X