College Game of the Week 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krichinsky,

I clicked on the link in last years rules, but it took me to a page that displayed sports news. Perhaps I did not click on the right tab to find the lines. The "schedule" tab at the top of the page displayed the games, but no lines were posted.

A specific link to the page with the lines would be helpful.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Monroe Eaford View Post
      Maybe we can lose that 11 AM saturday deadline. Here's a crazy idea... how about as long as you post your pick before the game starts, your pick counts.
      Monroe,

Would that not deny everyone to capitalize on the best cappers picks against their books? Maybe say 1130 but you want to give everybody a shot at the wisdom of the best cappers.. Just my opinion..

Comment

Best idea I've seen here in eons, Mr. Eaford....Behind you 100% on this one !!!
        ;)

Comment

There has got to be a CENTRAL cut off time. No one can track 200 post time stamps that is absurd.

Keep the rules like they are with a FIRM cut off time.

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
            Monroe,

Would that not deny everyone to capitalize on the best cappers picks against their books? Maybe say 1130 but you want to give everybody a shot at the wisdom of the best cappers.. Just my opinion..
            RR, I think most of the players would post before 11 AM saturday anyway... including the top cappers. But it would be nice to have the option of posting later in the day if needed. If someone REALLY wants to see a certain cappers pick, I'm sure they can check back throughout the day to see if the pick has been made. What if the top capper is not ready to post his play by 11 AM saturday? Do you really want him just throwing something out there that might not even be his best play of the day?

Carpet, I think its part of the scorekeepers job to make sure that a player does not past- post. He should know what time the games start. And if one or two slips by the goalie, there are more than a couple people that post here that will let the scorekeeper know if someone posts after the game starts.

Thats the one thing I never undertood about some of the posters on this site... wanting these crazy deadlines. Why make things more difficult than they have to be? If a player posts his pick before the game starts, it counts... plain and simple. Every week a few players will post after the set deadline and then bitch afterwards... and rightly so IMO.

There was a guy in the Mock Hilton contest that posted a couple hours after midnight saturday (keep in mind thats 11 hours before the games actually start) so of course, his picks did not count. The guy paid $50 to play in the contest... went 5-0 and we couldnt count his plays because of this silly deadline. Well, the guy went off... cursed out half the board and then left and was never seen again. This dude is prolly in a mental institution somewhere now and its all because of a silly deadline.

Comment

I think there has to be a deadline. It would be asking too much to go through every single post and make sure they posted their play on time. If you think its not too much to ask then Monroe you should be the score keeper. I am in favor of having a morning deadline and a later afternoon deadline. I am on west coast so a 8am deadline is a little early. There are times I forget to post my play the night before and then I by the time I am doing my real bets in the morning that 8am deadline is gone. The year I won the contest Im pretty sure I started the year 0-2 because I missed the deadline.
              The hilton deadline is only because we base our mock hilton on the real hilton so we try to keep the rules as similar as possible.

Comment

I don't know why we have this issue every year on the deadline. We are all grow ups here and we all have deadlines in the real world. Its not asking too much to keep it simple and have a deadline for these contests.

As I have said before, it makes it easy on the scorekeeper to have a firm deadline, makes it easy for people who like to see what the top capper pick each week without having to sit on the computer all day as most don't have time to do on a Saturday, and also helps keep the contest half-way legit using actual lines as the lines can change quite a bit right up to kick-off.

In my opinion it is impossible to run this type on "contest" without a firm deadline for picks such as the first game's kickoff that day. It works perfectly for the Hilton contest both mock and the real one.

You have from Thursday thru Saturday morning to post your picks and we all know we all know the lines way before they are posted on Thursday if you are any type pf good capper.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                  I don't know why we have this issue every year on the deadline. We are all grow ups here and we all have deadlines in the real world. Its not asking too much to keep it simple and have a deadline for these contests.

As I have said before, it makes it easy on the scorekeeper to have a firm deadline, makes it easy for people who like to see what the top capper pick each week without having to sit on the computer all day as most don't have time to do on a Saturday, and also helps keep the contest half-way legit using actual lines as the lines can change quite a bit right up to kick-off.

In my opinion it is impossible to run this type on "contest" without a firm deadline for picks such as the first game's kickoff that day. It works perfectly for the Hilton contest both mock and the real one.

You have from Thursday thru Saturday morning to post your picks and we all know we all know the lines way before they are posted on Thursday if you are any type pf good capper.
                  AMEN BROTHER

Comment

Quite simply, a deadline puts no burden on your capping skills.

Comment

thanks to everyone who allows us to have a great time. I am always from the camp if it aint broke don't fix it so rules have been in place so not to confuse the issue I am happy with what has already worked.

Comment

how about a slight compromise? picks have to be in before the kickoff of the first game of that day. That means no one has to scroll through 100 posts to check start times & it allows a bit more latitude time-wise to make picks. just a thought.

Comment

You make a good point, but OCK and I are doing this as a favor and
                          there has to be some limit on our time and ability to score this in
                          a system we can work with. We are not a book and whenever I see
                          someone posting that we should do things like a book it's a sign to
                          me that they are looking for a way to not respect what most of us
                          come here to do...and that's to share information and to use that
                          information to find winning picks.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
                            You make a good point, but OCK and I are doing this as a favor and
                            there has to be some limit on our time and ability to score this in
                            a system we can work with. We are not a book and whenever I see
                            someone posting that we should do things like a book it's a sign to
                            me that they are looking for a way to not respect what most of us
                            come here to do...and that's to share information and to use that
                            information to find winning picks.
                            to whom was this addressed to?

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                              and also helps keep the contest half-way legit using actual lines as the lines can change quite a bit right up to kick-off.
                              This is an important point too. Those who want no deadline, probably want to have the option to cherry pick some late games looking for a late line change due to injury or discipline, etc.

But I do like the fact that for the NFL GOW contest, we can "save" someone the anguish of missing the deadline by allowing him to pick the MNF game.

So what could we do in College? Allow him to pick the Hawaii game?! :-)

Comment

Working...
                              X