College Game of the Week 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I`m back!

I saw the thread and figured I should check in. I`m going to regain my title!

Comment

Originally posted by xbigpappa View Post
      Jeff, Send me a private E-Mail on who you want and the backup so I can make the announcement ASAP.............Thanks!
      It cant be that hard KRINSKY said he would run the contest as payback to this site based on everything he has learned from being here. There is no doubt KRINSKY is the right man for this Job.

Comment

I like the idea of having a couple guys run it and help each other out. So, if Krichinsky and Ock can get together and tag team this contest, that would be great. laxsfo99 contacted me as well and has agreed to step in, in a pinch, so we should be good to go......

Comment

If you guys need any of the templates let me know!

Comment

Sounds good. I have a spreadsheet I prepared to list the participants and the picks each week, but if you have something already prepared that has worked in the past, that would be better than us re-inventing the wheel. Unless Krichinsky has something he would rather use.

Comment

Nothing Xbig had in the past worked lol. Do what works best for you guys.

Comment

OCK, I'd prefer to post the results. Can you post the lines/games?
                We can switch/help each other as needed. The players are quick
                to point out any incorrect scoring, but I don't see this being too
                hard.
                I can post a new thread with rules and call for players tomorrow
                (Aug 1) if this is settled and all are in agreement.

Comment

Jeff, can you send us each others email?
                  Only time we may need to talk in private is if/when there
                  are rule violations, but again, all the players are quick to
                  point anything out that's not right.

Comment

Krichinsky,

OK, I will post the lines and games. I will need to know where to get them. Can you send me a link to what lines are used? What day of the week are the lines to be posted? And what week of the season does our contest start?

If you don't mind, I will also maintain a database of each person's pick and the results for my own records to compare to the official results you post.

What else do we need to get worked out?

Comment

Maybe we can lose that 11 AM saturday deadline. Here's a crazy idea... how about as long as you post your pick before the game starts, your pick counts.

Comment

Originally posted by Monroe Eaford View Post
                        Maybe we can lose that 11 AM saturday deadline. Here's a crazy idea... how about as long as you post your pick before the game starts, your pick counts.
                        Krichinsky can address this when he posts the official rules tomorrow. But I will throw in my two-cents worth in the meantime. It seems that it would be very time consuming to have to check every entry to ensure it was made before that particular game starts. College games start all day long from 11am to 10pm (Central Time) depending upon where the game is played.

I would be for one deadline.

Comment

I am a STRONG proponent for a deadline.

We have a strict deadline in the pro contest for Sunday games.

Especially in college when there are at least 50 games going off during a 12 hour window, the monitor will spend more tracking timely entries than actual plays.

We have had a deadline for years, we all know college games go Saturday, so get your picks on time, no excuses! It also ends the bickering!!!

Comment

First things first - As K indicated earlier somewhere in this thread, post the PROPOSED contest rules for open comment. To my knowledge, almost every contest on this site has had an open comment period of 3 - 7 days several weeks before the contest commenced. Even Xbigpapa over the years posted the rules for comments and suggestions.

Suggest you start a new thread for the PROPSED rules; this one is becoming too cluttered.

Good luck!

laxsfo99

Comment

Good point. I will post the CGOW rules as they were last year and open
                              it up for debate. I am FOR the 11am deadline, as well. There are too many
                              factors that can happen over a 12hr period of games.
                              Let's set Monday Aug 5 @ 6p.m. as the end of pros/cons on this or other
                              rule changes. I'll let x-big and Jeff rule if there is a majority who support
                              any rule changes. o.k.?

Comment

OCK, i will get you info on getting the lines. Most of it is in
                                the CGOW rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X