Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-14 Pro Football Game of the Week Contest OFFICIAL RULES (open for discussion)!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In and vote for the 3 way split.

Comment

IN-350-100-50 to keep people interested

Comment

IN 3 way

Comment

Why not top 2? $400 and $100 prizes sounds good to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxman View Post
            The 'records' will not be true records as there are people that jump in and out of the contest. There were a few that played 1 week and never made a pick again. Technically, their record is 1-0, however, for the 3 weeks that they did not make picks, they are in reality for this contest 1-3.

How I score keep the contest, each week, if a pick is made the individual gets 1 for a win, 0 for a loss, .5 for a push. If no pick was made I do not enter anything into the column. From there, I take the number of the week and subject the wins to get the 'loss' record for the contest.

This in my opinion, makes it easier for anyone that wants to track the "All Time Best Football Cappers" because I will have the true and actual records.
            If you always added up everyone's season ending records as it states in these contests you will not have a true picture of the ability of that person to pick a game. Sometimes people who are historically very good bail out because they go 0-3 and get handed the three losses and your out rule (which I agree with) now that guy is 0-6. Hey, I am like the worst starter in the world in the college football contest and I would be like 2-18 the last four years if I would have bailed. Fortunately for me I am a closer and come on strong in the end. One of these days I will get out of the gate..lol. My point is I think you have to have this rule to keep people from jumping in and out. But you have to keep your own records as I do to know who has been penalized and who has not. In my opinion this is critical to understanding the ability of a capper. Hey, even in the NFL I have bailed and who knows.. I could be 46% instead of the 43% I have..lol

Comment

I like the 3 way split . Im in either way . good luck to all and thanx for the contest

Comment

I was in a 3 way last weekend............so I vote 3 way.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boys View Post
                  I was in a 3 way last weekend............so I vote 3 way.
                  ahhhh so that's where your name comes from.
                  I kid I kid.

Whatever y'all decide. A split certainly whether that be 2 or 3 way is fine.It'll give others something to play for if there's a player that runs ahead.

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

I am in

Comment

I'm in too

Comment

In

Comment

in should be fun again

Comment

In there...I'll try to post more stuff on this forum too TY. I use the sports-bettors monitor here...does anyone know if that still uses the Greek line?

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

Working...
                                X