A Quick look at the Big 10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Quick look at the Big 10

A Quick look at the Big-10 from the ground floor (Carpets level).

# 1 team in the Big 10 is Ohio State. The home game schedule is loaded with teams such as Buffalo (I peg that spread at 40). OSU is loaded with talent and the top team in this conference.

# 2 team is Michigan and they are improving every day the recruiting success Michigan has had is solid in landing talent. This coach at Michigan has all the horses for a very good football team.

# 3 is a TIE Between WISCONSIN and MICHIGAN STATE
    Wisky has a new coach and this team has always relied on the run game, so it is still a guessing game with Wisky.

Michigan State looks solid this year again under a very successful coach and they can play Wisky within 2 points all day long.

SURPRISE TEAM- NORTHWESTERN- This team is really coming together as a tough football team with superior Leadership- they are my surprise team of the year.

And Last but not least ILLINOIS-Last year this squad under Beckman won 2 games. The Illini are riding a 14 game Big-10 losing streak. It will be interesting to see what Beckman does in year 2. Last year the coaching was horrible.

Illinois did hire Bill Cubit as OC this year a major reason Wes Lunt Transferred to Illinois as a QB this year from OK St. Lunt has to sit out this year,

Sadly Illinois is filling the ranks now with JUCO players. While the early schedule looks soft for the Illini except for the Washington game I expect at best 4 wins.

Please feel free to share your thoughts and comments.

Carpet

"The Carpet always Covers" Good Luck my friends.
    Last edited by Carpet; 07-31-2013, 08:38 PM.

I know we have a few Big 10 followers here, give me your thoughts

Comment

Legends side is a toss up, think Wisconsin should be lower. And you didn't mention Nebraska.

Comment

You are right ZMan I did leave out Nebraska, hard to remember they are a Big 1o team.

I would rank NB ahead of Wisky and Mich St for sure. The Corn Huskers offense will be a top 10 offense this year. It is the defense is where NB will struggle. The Huskers are the # 3 team in the Big 10 behind Michigan and Ohio State.

Comment

I would agree with your rankings. Ohio St is the most talented team. I really think teams 2-5 could be interchangeable though. That is the tough thing about picking in the Big 10. I tend to stay away from the favorites with large lines because the games are normally very close. And it wouldnt surprise me in NW sneaks into there. Fitzgerald has a team that comes out and and competes week after week. Ive made some pretty good money off them in the past when they are the under dog. especially when they are on the road.

Comment

There is some following with NW ranked 23 AP PreSeason came out today. I love the hype this team will be a mixed bag with the spread.
            Last edited by Carpet; 08-01-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

I think if Michigan State can win one of their road games at Nebraska/Northwestern... they will win legends. Although Nebraska is almost a for sure loss. MSU will beat Michigan at home and they don't have OSU/Wisky on their schedule this year.

Comment

Originally posted by ZMan View Post
                I think if Michigan State can win one of their road games at Nebraska/Northwestern... they will win legends. Although Nebraska is almost a for sure loss. MSU will beat Michigan at home and they don't have OSU/Wisky on their schedule this year.

That road win for Michigan St would have to come at NW and that is a viable scenario.

For the life of me I do not understand how Michigan State will beat Michigan with all due respect. The spread should be 10.

NB is always good at home they suck at defense and I do not think the Corn Huskers have fixed this problem.

Comment

10?! Haha come on man, not sure I should even tell you why that's stupid. Look at Dantonio's record vs. UM first of all. Not even mentioning the game is in East Lansing...

Comment

Iowa will be bad to start off with but I think they will improve as the season goes on and play spoiler late in the year with a shocking win as a dog. I haven't gone over schedules yet as I am waiting for my Phil Steele Magazine to arrive so will be back with more later along with my Big 12 thoughts.

Ohio State is going to run away with it in my opinion.

Nebraska is overrated as always.

Michigan State will contend but not quite be there as they seem to always choke and underachive.

Comment

I have been watching Illinois football practice this year with intensity. Here is what I have came away with and it is early.

The Offensive line is razor thin and Illinois has done a terrible job looking and recruiting at this position and it will show as pressure will be on the Illini QB all day and night on every play.

Bill Cubit is tweaking a early release offense, playing slant out quick hitter routes to allow Sheelhause the ability to survive and force a play. I see a ton of turnovers coming on offense.

The LONE BRIGHT SPOT for Illinois is the secondary those corner backs are among the best in the big 10. Illinois is one year away from having the best secondary in the big-10.

I Think from what I have seen Illinois will win a Big 10 game snapping a 14 game losing streak. Last year 2 wins all year-This year I see 4

Comment

Working...
                      X