• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're right. The winners get a little bonus for giving us some
    winners. Even with ndsent1's vote the majority have requested
    a split payout.

Comment

I'm in. I think if you go 3 ways, you'll hold more interest among the players. jmo. Thanks for running the contest again.

Comment

count me in.....and if a split was good enough for Tweety & the Viking it is good enough for us!

Comment

Im in. Thanks

Comment

The games start tomorrow. Are we to expect a few hours notice on the line-Start this thing

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
              The games start tomorrow. Are we to expect a few hours notice on the line-Start this thing

K

Carpet has a valid point about the lines being posted so late. If your intent is hold off for the Saturday games until Thursday, I suspect most folks would agree, However, the Thursday and Friday game lines and over/under should have been posted this am.

I’m not familiar with the sports book or media outlet you’re using for the lines. Xbigpapa would use USA Today – Jim Feist lines which were in reality the 5 dimes offshore book lines. If you’re familiar with the BettorsWorld site, 5 dimes is one of their top offshore book recommendations. 5 dimes has both the spread and over and under posted Monday and updates them throughout the week.

In addition, I assume you are aware that the starting times for tomorrow’s games (Aug 29th) are EST 6:00 PM, 7:00 PM, 8:00 PM, 9:15 PM, 10:30 PM, and 11:00 PM. When is the cutoff time for posting a game tomorrow? There is also for lack of better term a bunch of toilet/cupcake games, are you planning to post them per the site you’re going to use for the lines and over/under?

Just advising - good luck – whatever you do!

laxsfo99

Comment

Carpet, if the start time is an issue, why didn't you say something
                sooner? We've posted for two weeks now that the lines would be up
                this Thursday morning. I'll see if I can get it up here in a little bit.

Laxs, I appreciate the help. USA Today switched and went to a
                service that basically posted the lines of 5 offshore books. nothing
                from USA Today or Feist.
                They now have another service that is "sportsnetwork" hosted by Don Best.
                I will use Don Best's Consensus as our official line.
                I didn't want to single out 5dimes, because I didn't think it would be
                fair to highlight one book over others who advert here.

Since we agreed to the 1 hr rule for Thurs, Fri games we will keep an eye
                on the posts and hope everyone follows the rules.

Comment

Let me pull the curtain back a little, if I may.

Krichinsky and I have been working "behind the scenes" to find a replacement line for USA Today since they switched and no longer post a line of their own. We looked at many sites to find one that had numbers for both the sides and totals.

Hopefully posting the lines Thursday morning will not be an inconvenience for anyone. If you are looking at picking a Thursday game, you have probably been looking at it for a while and have a number in mind. You have until one hour before kickoff to post your pick if you want a Thursday game.

We want to make this a fun contest for everyone and be fair about it as well. K and I may make a few mistakes along the way, but we will do the best we can and hopefully provide a fun contest for all who want to participate.

Krichinsky should have the lines up by Thursday morning each week and I will post the results by Monday morning. Let me know of any grading errors and they will be corrected.

I look forward to the competition. Let's have some fun!

Comment

Nice way to say it. One correction, we will be using the lines from
                    teamrankings.com. The USAToday service only covers select games.
                    There are some major teams missing for this week i.e. Indiana, Oregon.
                    They may pick and choose and that will just create more problems.

Comment

IS THERE A FORUM TO FILL OUT TO GET IN THIS CONTEST?

Comment

Originally posted by BRUNO 100 View Post
                        IS THERE A FORUM TO FILL OUT TO GET IN THIS CONTEST?
                        Yes, the thread is called: COLLEGE GAME OF THE WEEK-WEEK # 0. POST PICKS HERE

Comment

Just to be clear, if you are using a Thursday game, does the pick just have to be posted one hour before that particular game starts or an hour before the first game of the day, that being the south Carolina game tonight at 6

The way I read it, it's just that particular game but wanted to make sure I and everyone is clear on it since its the first day today.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                            Just to be clear, if you are using a Thursday game, does the pick just have to be posted one hour before that particular game starts or an hour before the first game of the day, that being the south Carolina game tonight at 6

The way I read it, it's just that particular game but wanted to make sure I and everyone is clear on it since its the first day today.
                            Woodee, I read it the same as you do, one hour before kickoff of that particular game. The rule states, "For Thursday or Friday games, the picks MUST be posted 1 hour before the game's scheduled start."

It does not say 1 hour before the first game of the day, but "the game's scheduled start." I take that to mean one hour before the scheduled kickoff time for that particular Thursday or Friday game.

Thanks.

Comment

Thanks. Figured it was that way but wanted to make sure.

Comment

Working...
                              X