2013 COLLEGE GAME OF THE WEEK-OFFICIAL RULES AND OPEN DISCUSSION

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 COLLEGE GAME OF THE WEEK-OFFICIAL RULES AND OPEN DISCUSSION

The COLLEGE FOOTBALL game of the week handicapping contest is just like the NFL
    game of the week contest. Pick one College Football team, per week, against
    the spread OR one College Football game over or under the total. The winner
    is the contestant who has the most points at the end of the contest.

The contest is held in the "Bookies Hell Sports Betting Forum" and is run and scored by OCK and K-Man (Krichinsky). The available picks will be posted in a new thread each week.
    The first week's thread for posting picks will be headlined "2013 College Game of the
    Week-Week #0.
    If a game has no line(s), but does open after the picks thread is up, every effort will be made
    to include that/those games prior to the deadline. Results will be posted the following week in a seperate thread. Picks posted in the results thread will not be counted.

Thursday and Friday games will be included. Please see the rules for the deadlines if a game
    is selected on one of those days.

Total prize money for this contest will be $500.00.. We have the option to run this
    contest as a winner take all or payout 1st thru 3rd place.

How we do the payout and any discussion on rules will be open to your ideas and thoughts
    until Monday August 5 5p.m. (EST).

Here are the OFFICIAL RULES:

1. Players in the contest will post one pick per week using the line listed in the Thursday
    edition of the USA Today. Players can pick either a Side or Total. If more than one pick is
    posted the first pick will be used. Editing picks will not be allowed. Once your pick is
    posted it is official.

2. Picks MUST be posted by 11:00 a.m. (EST) on game day Saturday. NO EXCEPTIONS.
    If you have problems accessing the site, e-mail picks to [email protected] before
    the posting deadline. For Thursday or Friday games, the picks MUST be posted 1 hour
    before the game's scheduled start.

3. The contest will run from August 29 thru December 7. Any tie breaker will be decided
    by the army/NAVY on December 14, 2013.

4. Wins (1 point), Ties (1/2 point) will be scored and posted on a results thread after each
    weekend. Once each week's results are posted, players can request a review if they feel
    there are any scoring errors.

5. Not posting a pick will be counted as a lost.

6. Any player who does not post a pick for any combination of Three (3) weeks will be out of
    the contest and their picks will no longer be posted.

7. Players will not be allowed in after week #2. To match the NFL game of the week time frame: *The 1st week of this contest will be Posted as WEEK # 0*

8. If a player joins/or posts for the first time in week #2, weeks #0 and #1 will be counted as losses.

9. Unless it changes, the Thursday lines will come from this link:
    http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odd...odds.asp#ncaaf

10. In the final Three (3) weeks all of the contest, all of the contenders (who will be highlighted)
    MUST submit their picks via email to [email protected]. Picks will be posted once all of the
    contending player's picks are received. Contenders are welcome to post on the weekly thread those
    last Three (3), but this option is added to stop any unfair play or gamesmanship.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
    Last edited by Krichinsky; 08-01-2013, 11:29 AM. Reason: Link should read: http/sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/usatoday/odds.asp#ncaaf

AS MENTIONED:

Cash Prize for this contest will be $500.00. We can have the payout as winner take
    all or split amoung the top 3. Let's talk about it and anything else you want to
    bring up for discussion.

Comment

K-Man, that link did not work for me. Maybe someone else can try it and see if it is just me.

I found this page which is a similar link: http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/ncaaf.aspx

It lists the opening line as well as lines for three offshore books. Is this the right page?

Also, I would like to see the prize fund split between the top 3.
      Last edited by OCK; 08-01-2013, 04:49 PM.

Comment

When I posted the rules, the link poped up as you have it there.
        That wsn't what I typed in, see my reason for editing.

s/b: http://sportsdirect.usatoday.com/odds/
        usatoday/odds.asp#ncaaf
        did it this way to see if it would post correctly as listed....

You can also just go to usatoday, sports, college football and then odds.
        Try that.
        Last edited by Krichinsky; 08-01-2013, 04:29 PM.

Comment

I wouldnt mind the prize to be split up to the top 3. But it would have to go 1st.$350 2nd.$100 3rd.$50.

Comment

Originally posted by bret3518 View Post
            I wouldnt mind the prize to be split up to the top 3. But it would have to go 1st.$350 2nd.$100 3rd.$50.
            I agree with this

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
              You can also just go to usatoday, sports, college football and then odds.
              Try that.
              Found it. Which line is the "official" line for the contest, the Opening Line, or one of the lines from the books listed?

Comment

OCK, let me look. In the past, what was in the paper Thursday
                morning matched what USAToday had online. Don't recall them
                putting out other book's lines.
                After the Boys loose Sunday, I can see how the lines are posted
                for the first week of NFL pre-season games Monday in the paper
                and online. They use the same set-up for college, so that will
                show us how it's being done.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
                  OCK, let me look. In the past, what was in the paper Thursday
                  morning matched what USAToday had online. Don't recall them
                  putting out other book's lines.
                  After the Boys loose Sunday, I can see how the lines are posted
                  for the first week of NFL pre-season games Monday in the paper
                  and online. They use the same set-up for college, so that will
                  show us how it's being done.
                  OK, let me know. The link I followed showed an opening line and then lines from 3 offshore books. Maybe I hit the wrong page, dont know.

And BTW, take Miami minus the two, you are correct, the Boys will lose Sunday.

Comment

This is a rules thread not a game thread for Miami or Dallas. But in the spirit of open discussion you are wrong on taking Miami. Dallas is going to cover this spread.
                    Last edited by Carpet; 08-01-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Ha, ha. Pre-season is a cruel mistress.
                      Nothing but College Football here from now on.

Just been checking in a little more often in case there was any
                      immediate discussion on this thread....since it's just us 4, I'll go
                      back to baseball.

Comment

First let me say congrats to you Kman and Ock for running this.. My opinion on the rules is that they were always okay with everyone. We did not have the person in charge that made them work. When you look at the NFL contest over the past few years, it has ran smooth for the most part and Tman deserves all the credit in the world. Yes people make mistakes and he pointed those out without being belligerent. Kman I believe will be a great asset to all of us and will enforce the rules but will do it in a professional way.

Good luck Kman and Ock and thank you both for running this..Hopefully this will be the best CPW contest ever..

Comment

Thanks rr, that means a lot.

Since few replied, the rules will stand as listed. Except rule #9.
                          As OCK pointed out, the USAToday now uses a service that just
                          lists current odds from 4 to 5 books. Since they support this forum,
                          I don't think it would be right to list one book's line over another.

cbs sportsline sets their own line, but right now there are no lines
                          listed. I'll discuss with OCK and we will keep an eye on their site to
                          see when week #0 is posted.
                          In turn, if anyone has a better option let us know.

Lastly, all of you who have read this thread and did or didn't reply,
                          please reply with an "I'm in" and your vote on whether this should be
                          a winner take all contest or have the prize money split 1st, 2nd and 3rd.
                          Thanks.

Comment

i'm in. winner take all.

Comment

I posted the same thing in the NFL thread. If you go winner takes all I think people that are middle of the pack in the standings will stop posting their plays and coming to the site. If you split it up then I think it keeps people interested because they will have a better chance to finish in the money. I really could go either way but those are just my thoughts.

Comment

Working...
                              X