Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RR'S final SEC 2013 forecast

Man,

Just a few weeks away and I am very excited about the season. I am going to try and not be so hard on Bama this year but hey it seems to work into a National championship. After looking at crap load of games and taking into consideration the road schedules especially, this is the way I see it.

SEC EAST:

1)South Carolina (I truly believe that they are the team to beat PERIOD)
    2)Georgia (If they beat Carolina then they are first. I just don't think they will)
    3)Florida (This one I have a little problem with. Just don't know if they are back yet or not.)
    4)Vandy (Yep VANDY and you will see that they will put the serious big time hurt on someone big..)
    5)Tennessee (not yet)
    6)Mizzou (they should have stayed out west)
    7)Kentucky (they will be better but man that was bad last year)

SEC WEST:

1) ALABAMA (I don't think that I have picked them first in the last couple of years and they won the national championship. They won't be as good as last year but only Texas A&M stands in the way.
    2) Texas A&M ( Well J football is an idiot and it will make or break them. If everything works out and he is cleared and gets his head straight, Bama will not beat them.. I just don't thinnk he will.
    3) Mississippi ( They are going to very good and will put the hurt on either Bama, Texas AM, or LSU and could do two out of the three.. The schedule is brutal though or I would give them a legit shot..)
    4) LSU (I think they lose 4 games this year and TCU could be there first)
    5) Auburn (well this is one that I got right last year.. I said they would suck and they will only be slightly better this year... but they will be better.
    6) Miss st. (they had a good run but it ends this year)
    7) Arkansas ( they have had on paper the talent to win the SEC at least once in the last five years.. No faith in them whatsoever period..

Again I think the SEC as a whole will be down again but it is up to someone else to beat them. The other conferences just don't play the same football and they will get the shit kicked out of them again if they don't catch up. I don't believe nobody in the SEC will go undefeated and it will be hard to win it again.

Good luck my friends and I hope you all do well this season.

RR84

As I pick games I always look for teams who give a superior team trouble. Alabama for instance has hell with Ole Miss at home as well as LSU. I am not saying that Alabama will lose these games but if history or trends repeat themselves it won't be easy.. I seriously believe Ole Miss will give Alabama hell again but I think Alabama will beat LSU so bad they won't ever want to return to TTown.. Way too early to lock this in however.. Stay tuned...

Comment

Hey rr

Thanks for the analysis.

What's your take on ole miss -2.5 over vandy in week 1??

I like miss quite a bit here plus it's a revenge Spot for them from the loss at home by 1 last year.

It's a Thursday night game in Nashville so its going to be a hostile environment.

Thoughts before I unload on ole miss? I think this line will get to -3.5 before kickoff in favor of miss.

Comment

Also like okie state to destroy missy state in week 1.

Okie st -12 is what i got today.

Comment

Woodee,

I lean slightly toward Ole Miss but Vandy is going to have a decent team this year. JF is doing one hell of a job up there. I swear when I looked at everything that I thought Okie st would drill Miss st. Remember though, I am historic for starting off crappy. But I do thing okie st wins big. I have one that I am going to make my CPOW but can't share that one yet..

Take care Woodee!

Comment

[QUOTE=red raider 84;189539]Woodee,

I lean slightly toward Ole Miss but Vandy is going to have a decent team this year. JF is doing one hell of a job up there. I swear when I looked at everything that I thought Okie st would drill Miss st. Remember though, I am historic for starting off crappy. But I do thing okie st wins big. I have one that I am going to make my CPOW but can't share that one yet..

These two teams play a very different style of play on defense. One team is hard hitting and the other team is not on defense. I would have to give that edge to OK State in this game. But 12 points it must be in stillwater this game

Comment

Thanks guys. Just digging into my college research.

Line did move to -3 ole miss today. And okie state -12.5.

Also looking at lsu in week 1.

Comment

Two gems. I put them on my play list. Thanks.

Comment

Woodee,

I have thought further on the Vandy/Miss game and did you know that Vandy has covered like fourteen of the last sixteen and won three straight? I am not a big trend guy but Vandy as I have stated is going to be decent for sure and Vandy is a very tough place to play at night. I am not trying to talk you out of it or nothing but I would have to pass on it myself.

Goodluck to you buddy!

Comment

Since I am obviously picking them way too early, I will give this crazy statement a shot. Georgia which is currently ranked 4th by the consensus magazines will be 0-2 to start the season. They start out with Clemson and I think Boyd and Watkins will exploit the losses on defense. Then Carolina comes to Athens and I believe they will make it four in a row over the Dawgs. All of this is pretty much speculation at this point but I can sure see it happening..

Comment

Yeah. I like Clemson in that game too.

Georgia is always overrated and Clemson does have some play makers on offense for sure!

Comment

All of this being said....FYI

I am like 1-9 the last two years in Septembers in the College POW. I am just saying don't pay much attention to me as far as September games go. I usually end up on the plus side somehow but the first month of the season certainly hasn't been too kind to me the last couple of years. Hopefully I break that curse this year. LOL... It is really hard to get above 50% when you start out 0-4. Hopefully this will be a great season for everyone with lots of great insight from everyone!

Usually there is always a surprise from one of these teams in the SEC that you just didn't expect to be there. If I were to pick a dark horse in both sides of the conference it would be Florida in the East and Mississippi in the West. I know that Florida may not be a dark horse to some but their offense was deplorable last year. They will have one of the best defenses in the SEC which makes me give them a shot. Mississippi will be even better than last year but I think they have one of the hardest schedules in the SEC or I would give them a legit shot.

Thank you Woodee, Kman, Carpet, and all the others for your input. I very much appreciate your thoughts.

Take care and good luck friends!

Comment

Working...
                        X