Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the Best Hitter you've ever seen in Baseball?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is the Best Hitter you've ever seen in Baseball?

I'm a Detroiter so I think Miguel Cabrera is by far. What do you think?

Tony Gwynn 338 Lifetime Batting Average 8 batting titles

In 1994 Gwynn batted 394

Comment

'Hitter' is a wide category because you've got power, average, etc. I lived in San Diego for 20+ years so I've also been partial to Gwynn.

Comment

Rod Carew

Comment

Originally posted by red raider 84 View Post
          Rod Carew
          Rod Carew batted 328 LIFETIME (10 points below Gwynn) And while Carew was a great player he never once hit above 390 in a year BA

Comment

George Brett was pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
              George Brett was pretty good.
              I like all the choices above. My Carew pick is that I just remember him being so smooth. I know that Gwynn has a higher average and Carew probably isn't in the top 25 pct. wise. I loved Gwynn and saw him play several times in Atlanta. I am not much of a baseball guy but used to keep up with it quite a bit. Wouldn't the guy behind you have an effect on your average. I mean if he isn't pretty good then they could pitch around you a bit.

Comment

Players I have seen live less than 20 times---hate to say it Barry Bonds
                Stan the Man
                Mickey Mantle

players seen live more than 50 times-- George Brett
                Yaz and Jim Rice in Baltimore deadly vs Os pitching

Comment

I must also go with Rod Carew

Comment

Dave Kingman

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack View Post
                      Dave Kingman
                      Hart attack.. You and I have never much saw eye to eye and I am hoping this is a joke because isn't he like the all time strike out king in major league history.. Lol that is way too funny...

Comment

Originally posted by Pango View Post
                        I must also go with Rod Carew
                        Thank you Pango.. The question was who do you think was the best hitter in major league history.. It wasn't who had the highest batting average of all time. I love the question and all the responses.. All with the exception of Kingman have their place in major league history... I still stand by Rod Carew..

Comment

I have only attended one MLB game in my life. I was a kid and my dad and uncle took me to see the Mets play the Astros. We got there in the top of the 1st as "Kong" was stepping up to the plate. We had missed the first few batters because I just had to have some kind of cotton candy as we entered. So when I woofed that down as we stood at the top of the aisle "Kong" launched one over the wall in LF.

I was so excited & as I tried to fart I accidentally shit my pants. My uncle took me back out to the parking lot because my dad was so disgusted. I stayed in the car while they watched the game, so Dave Kingman is the only batter I ever saw in person, thus the best hitter I ever saw in person.

These things cannot be made up.

Comment

Originally posted by hart attack View Post
                            I have only attended one MLB game in my life. I was a kid and my dad and uncle took me to see the Mets play the Astros. We got there in the top of the 1st as "Kong" was stepping up to the plate. We had missed the first few batters because I just had to have some kind of cotton candy as we entered. So when I woofed that down as we stood at the top of the aisle "Kong" launched one over the wall in LF.

I was so excited & as I tried to fart I accidentally shit my pants. My uncle took me back out to the parking lot because my dad was so disgusted. I stayed in the car while they watched the game, so Dave Kingman is the only batter I ever saw in person, thus the best hitter I ever saw in person.

These things cannot be made up.
                            LOL ...He could hit the long ball and that is a fact.. That was one hell of a story and I agree you or nobody else could make that up.. WAY TOO FUNNY..

Comment

George Brett, Tony Oliva.

Comment

Working...
                              X