• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RestEasy week 1

well, football is here!!!!

tonight let's do a teaser.
    denver -1, over 42
    and let's do over 48.

I think both teams air it out tonight. Denver obviously has the weapons to keep the baltimore defense (which I do believe will be a fair amount better this year than last year overall) constantly guessing and winded.
    Denver's D is losing some key factors and the Raven's o-line is looking good so expect some flacco bombs and some ray rice dinks.

Overall, I don't believe they stop the artillery of Peyton Manning's Denver Broncos.

Little Note: It wouldn't surprise me if halftime sees this game either real close or ravens leading. Last season we had seen denver start slow quite a lot and were a great 2nd half bet.

Good luck everyone, enjoy the game and be safe!

(I'll add more of week 1 once I get my mock hilton in. I got a couple teasers and a couple straight wagers)

Week 1 teasers:
    7pt NE -3, KC +3.5 -130
    6pt Indy -3, seattle/carolina o39 -110
    10pt NE/buff o40.5, indy +.5, houston +6.5 -120

I didn't read your pick but we were on the same page.

I also went over 48, but didn't post it.

What about 2H? Sit tight? I kinda like O24 as Broncs can't stop Ravens, but I think Peyton and the Mile High Air will overtake the Ravens.

But not sure I'll go for it.

Comment

Sorry. Am at a bar and just checked. I kept still. Liked denver 2nd half but didnt take tthe -6. I instead kept my bet. It's week 1. Cant get cute. If it was 24 or under i would have hit the over but they covered 1st half over so i stayed on that as well.

I did take the 2nd q over 13 which hit very easily. Butni didnt post as im in a bar .

Comment

starting with a nice 2-0

Sunday/monday got this
        Cleveland -1
        Houston -3.5 (think they roll sd.)
        Titans +7
        skins -3.5
        vikings +5.5

I also lean cards but am not touching that just now. Week 1 makes me hesitate on it.
        Sorry no real writeups on these. Busy around here.

Goodluck!

Comment

thanks for the FG pats... ass

SF/GB over 39.5, cards +10.5, cards/rams under 50
          gb/sf over 39.5, nyg/dal o42
          rodgers o2tds -120

edit: had these typed up before game then comp froze. stupid comp. ironically same time as jets win.....

Comment

if tonight finishes as planned then things even out in a houston play and to finish off my previously posted teaser.

adding 10.5pt teaser
            wash +7, over 41, houston +7 -140
            houston -2.5 1st half (yeah, this is begging for plays which scares me but screw it I'm biting)

added week 2 6pt teaser
            atlanta -0.5, cincy -0.5 -110
            Cincy -6.5

I think atlanta at home is much better team. Cincy is ok it's more like week 1's play of titans where it's a fade of the steelers. Cause they're bad

Comment

A little worried about the Hou pick which is my GOW also. At least it's only -3.5 in the contest and -4 in the Mock Hilton.
              Home dogs went 1-3 SU but 2-2 ATS, however 3 of them could have won SU easily....so they damn near went 3-1 SU and at the
              very least 3-1 ATS.
              You figure with rookie QB's going and lots of ??? Buffalo and the Jets had no chance against what looked like vastly superior teams.
              That's what scares me about this game in that it also looks almost too easy. Rivers has sucked the last couple years, has a shaky OL and lost his best WR. Houston can dominate on defense and has Andre Johnson and Arian Foster. Watch this one go down to the wire with SD jumping out to the early lead.

Comment

Yeah. I am really wanting to take the chargers tonight. This line is weird to me. Texans should roll. Everything points to an easy cover.

But this line is weird. Opened at -3.5 and now 4.5. Will get to 5 by kickoff.

Everyone is all over Houston. This is a prefect spot for a contrarian play on sd but I don't know if I can bet in a bad team. It's is mnf tho and if there's a trap, the texans fit that perfectly.

Comment

Also see the jets yesterday. Same type of line and game and where all the bets were on one team.

Comment

I had reservations about buf/NE and jets/tb games. I don't have those here with houston and SD. Game is in san diego, it's the latest game of all games played this year, will feel a little later for houston so really this means -3.5 is -6.5 (with 3 pts to the home team) and maybe even a little more considering the late start.
                    Houston ended the season poorly and foster is an unknown (though I believe he'll be fine).

I've seen elsewhere a number of people going SD and I just don't believe it.

Oh, adding
                    McCoy o4 receptions -140
                    houston TT 1H o10.5 -125

Comment

This line is -6 at my online book and has been since I woke up this morning (noon is morning for me). funny because I have been monitoring the lines from 8 other books and it was between 4 and 5.5 with the 5.5 just now going to 6.

Comment

going with this 6.5 pt teaser pays 1.5 to 1
                        Philly +11
                        Phi/Was OV 47
                        Hou +.5

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                          This line is -6 at my online book and has been since I woke up this morning (noon is morning for me). funny because I have been monitoring the lines from 8 other books and it was between 4 and 5.5 with the 5.5 just now going to 6.
                          It is all that Texas money coming in driving this line plain and simple.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                            going with this 6.5 pt teaser pays 1.5 to 1
                            Philly +11
                            Phi/Was OV 47
                            Hou +.5
                            looking good. good luck,

I was rethinking my skins pick all day. Decided to let it stand but had a baaad taste.

taking 2H o 24.5. I think chip keeps it going and if skins score any it's good.

Comment

took a small hedge on sd +7 at the half on my last teaser. can push both.
                              and took over 22.5 small 2H

surprised by SD (or am I surprised by houston?)

Comment

Working...
                              X