Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NFL Week 1 Review. Thoughts and Observations. Post 'em!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NFL Week 1 Review. Thoughts and Observations. Post 'em!

RGIII a little rusty.

Eagles and Chip Kelley may be trouble just because NFL players are not in shape to play that fast.

Michael Vick will not last. Too many hits and too much running at his age. He was tired and beat up at the end of the game.

Eagles D is not very good. Go over in all Eagles games.

Eli should go no huddle all the time like Peyton. Just get o the line and then audible. Why huddle and waste time and then rush it?

Eli vs Peyton = over. 54 is way low! Neither D will be able to stop the Manning Bros.

The Saints are back. Rob Ryan is a good D Coordinator. He at least mixes it up and covers a weak D.

Chargers with McCoy will be competitive. Too bad they melted down last night.

Kubiak needs to open it up and go for it. He's too conservative.

Pats are over rated. Brady missing Welker, Hernandez and Gronk. Ammondola hurt already.

Geno and the Jets? I doubted them last week. Rex and his D will keep them competitive, but Geno is a work in progress and will have some bad games.

Cleveland has good D but still cannot score.

Miami is solid, but not sexy or spectacular. Philbin must be a good coach.

Will Cam Newton ever get back to rookie season form?

Buffalo +3 at home vs Carolina?!

Dallas is still not that good. Romo is hurting and KC will be sky high at Arrowhead this week. Dallas D not very good.

Cutler to Marshall is going to keep the Bears competitive all year. D seems okay with Urlacher.

Bengals and Marvin Lewis too conservative, but to the Red Rocket to AJ Green is lethal.

I thought TB would roll the Jets. Josh Freeman might not be the guy.

Carson Palmer to Fitz and Rogers looks tough. And their D is good. I like them to beat the Lions in the desert. Could be an over.

Seattle vs SF will be a war! Kap has the edge over Wilson? Boldin is a stud.

I love week 2. Everyone will overreact to what happened in week 1 and lines will show it. I think there is some good value on the board already in week 2. I love all your points and I think you are spot on with all of them.

Saying that after game 1, RG3 looked shaky and scared on his hurt wheel. Wonder how long it will take him to get back the confidence. Many of his yards came in chase mode when the philly D wasn't blitzing as much. But also, Philly's D is not that great either in my eyes after people watch some film on their schemes.

Comment

I also think Geno Smith is a work in progress. He got lucky the Bucs stink and hit him out of bounds or nobody would be talking much about it. He made a couple clutch passes but other than that, he was very average. Eveything in JET-LAND gets over-blown. Bellichek is watching tape right now and will have him running scared this Thursday.

The more they talk about him on ESPN, the juicier the Pats look on Thursday...The line has moved down now to -11/-12 after it spiked at 13. Also based on public perception the way the Pats looked against the Bills.

Comment

I too love overreaction week 1.
        You know what game I think may be ripe for the picking? How about them jacksonville jaguars. +6 last I looked. No gabbert which helps. I'd rather Henne. Last year these two also played at oakland (not sure how that scheduling works) and it went to OT. Jags were better ATS last year by far away. It was palmer & Mcfadden vs gabbert & rashard jennings. Now it's pryor & mcfadden vs Henne & MJD. Heck, even a wash means take the points.

Jets can't run the ball right now. Add to that the few weapons they have on WR core and you'll see why they're in trouble. Let Geno run, pats can shut it down.

Pats are good. Don't let week 1 fool you at all. Gronk will be back in the next couple weeks. Amendola is hurt but he'll take off for the jets (no problem) and then have 10 more days to rest it. They'll be fine especially if Edleman keeps playing like that and if Ridley can hold onto the ball. No vereen is the only real glaring issue but we'll see how (I'm assuming) bolden does. Last year was good.

Cards are a good team. Amazing what a competent QB does for a team.

Miami defense is pretty dang good. They need to get Lamar Miller moving though. He had some hesitation and then they took away his snaps. That's a bad choice coach. You need a run game. Let's see how they fair at indy. Should be a fun game.

I don't think they understand Buffalo nor do they grasp the value of Carolina's front D. Lynch didn't do much. Belicheck held spiller pretty well, I think carolina will look at that. It's a hard game to figure. Where's my lucky coin?

Josh Freeman is not the guy.

Dallas did not capitalize very well on the turnovers. 6 turnovers you should win by 3+ scores. Dez hobbling. On the road to KC. Murray did look good though. Doesn't he always... until he hurts himself.

Philly. So much to analyze there. Vick got hit a lot. Foles can't run that offense with the same production. He doesn't provide the option like vick. If they play a team that can run an offense (like denver for example) then they are in major trouble. Think about it. Super fast pace then rest while D does it's thing hoping to be up so other offense has to score too then offense back out there. repeat. If the other team puts a 7 minute drive and then offense goes 3 and out, teams does another long drive then what? D is exhausted. Less time to rest and the offense has to eventually cramp up and stiffen. It's like sprinting then stopping over and over. That and keeping that up all season? The starters are well conditioned but these aren't college kids. Add to that in college there's a month between regular season and 1 bowl game. Post season (if that happens) is immediate. Can they sustain it if they make it? Are their backups as well conditioned and educated in the offense to replace at that pace?
        Lots of questions though it did look nice until it ran out of pep and the skins woke up. Very small sample size need to see more.

Speaking of. RG3 1st half vs 2nd is night and day. Washington not the only team to shake off rust (texans). Might be a couple games before we see a more balanced RG3.

Bears look good. Forte looks very good. Marshall... forgetaboutit.

Green Bay will take out their frustration with the option on RG3 since Kaep didn't really provide the option.

That kaep, he sure can play the QB. Traditional or new age? you pick.

Saints played well. Not sure about them. I am sure that the -3 at tampa bay looks fishy.

Comment

I'm a Chief fan. The Chiefs should not be 3 Point favorites over Dallas. No how, no way. They were 1 point Dogs in the early betting before week 1. At best, they should be pick em. They might ultimately be a good team on the level of Dallas, but this is classic early overreaction.

Comment

Yes. Loving Jax this week too. Probably the biggest overreaction line wise.

Kc dominated them but their gameplan got knocked off track quick and they aren't a play from behind team. Oakland looked good with Pryo, but Pryor is Pryor. Oakland should never be favored by 6 over anyone!!

Comment

Technically kc is pk with 3 points going to the home team.
              Another reason i think az +2 is an odd line. Dont see a 2 often

Comment

Originally posted by The Guesser View Post
                I'm a Chief fan. The Chiefs should not be 3 Point favorites over Dallas. No how, no way. They were 1 point Dogs in the early betting before week 1. At best, they should be pick em. They might ultimately be a good team on the level of Dallas, but this is classic early overreaction.
                I think that spread is based on Romo's ribs and Arrowhead will be rocking and Andy Reid knows Dallas well.

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
                  I think that spread is based on Romo's ribs and Arrowhead will be rocking and Andy Reid knows Dallas well.
                  and dez will be playing hobbled

Comment

Dallas still hasn't won a game.....the Giants beat themselves, as usual........The Cowboys will be very lucky to win 8 games this year.....Especially under offensive coordinator/egotist Bill Callahan whom we Raider fans know plenty about.....They still make many mistakes on both sides of the ball and are hanging by a thread in the player camaraderie department......One locker room implosion from going off the deep end.......Watch and see.......Lay the wood with the Chiefs.
                    ;)

Comment

Agree with Boone. Cowboys were not as good as they looked Sunday night, and they didn't look that good.

What team can't win if you give them 6 turnovers? Dallas won't get 6 turnovers every week. Romo and Dez slightly injured. KC pumped up for home opener.

Andy Reid knows Dallas well and after the emotional win against NY, Dallas is in for a letdown.

I think KC covers the 3.

Comment

The Eagles offense under Chip Kelly is the real deal. Actually, I thought their defense looked pretty good for most of the game. You can chalk it up to RGIII having a little rust but I'm not so sure. Now if you want a bad looking defense how about.......
                        Baltimore.....they were expected to regress on defense but then kind of surprised in pre-season. They played OK for a half but then completely and utterly fell apart.
                        Going back to Philly....the Chargers are in deep trouble this week with just 3 days to game plan. SD may have surprised some with their performance against Houston but that was an aberration I think, and they quickly reverted back to their old ways blowing 4th Q leads....and we thought it was Norv.
                        New England will improve but not sure they should be double-digit favorites very often like years past.
                        San Francisco is a really good team and I think they surprised a lot of people with that offensive showing. People thought Crabtree's absence would have a negative effect....well it sure doesn't look like it will. They looked a lot better than Seattle's offense last week and I think Seattle is in for a loss especially considering the embarrassment SF suffered last season in Seattle.

Comment

^I don't really agree with some of that and think (especially the baltimore D portion) is an overreaction to week 1.

Seattle played the panthers who also have a pretty darn good defense. They played across country (away), in the morning, against a good defense as opposed to the niners who played at home, in the afternoon, against a middle of the road defense. Really can't compare how they did against respective teams to one another. In fact, even if you do it actually points to both repeating last season.

example:
                          What is extremely interesting here is that seattle played @ carolina last year and almost the same game occurred (low score, seattle win). SF played GB last year in the regular season matchup, also, was basically the same (high score, sf win).

Still, I don't know how the sunday night game will go. Seattle picked them apart last year at home and played them extremely tough in sf. Same could happen but it wouldn't surprise me either if niners have the right gameplan. Should be a fun game, a battle.
                          I think I'll lean seattle here.

Comment

I think balt will pick it up and in denver, opening night is a tough spot for most any defense. You did hit the chargers though. Same team, new staff (at the moment). Perhaps a transition, a grace period, is in effect.

Also, think you're right about chargers being in trouble. The Chip Kelly offense still has me asking a Lot of questions. Particularly its sustainability in the NFL.

And pats too. Think they'll toughen up but certainly not worthy of double digit weekly spreads. (maybe at home against the jets).

Comment

NFL Week 1 Review. Thoughts and Observations. Post 'em!

I got my ass handed to me one half a point at a time. Rough start to a crazy week one in the NFL.

Looking to rebound strong this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X