scz44 = 5
    starpr = 5

bossbay = 4.5

mmsiegmund = 4
    poobah-drew = 4

jcepada19 = 3.5
    charlatan = 3.5

linesmaker = 2.5

Something is weird. I only have 6 points and should have 9 points according to my figures as I had 6 points after week 4 and got 3 correct this week.

But when I went through the thread where we make our picks, my post is not there. It has disappeared. I made my picks Friday morning before 8am. I have no idea what happened to my post.

The post must have gotten lost in cyberspace. Real bummer. My best week so far in a dismal year.

Comment

Just figured out what happened. I posted my Mock Hilton picks in the NFL GOW Contest thread.

Got to be more careful.

Comment

I would accept that. It's obvious what you did and you did it in plenty of time. Too bad none of us noticed it and alerted you.

Comment

OCK, after further review, we have decided to count your plays. You will be credited with 3 points as your plays were clearly posted on Friday morning... just in another thread. We believe that this was an honest mistake. You will not be charged with a timeout.

Monroe

Comment

So posting in the wrong forum is now allowed-Un Real.

Comment

I agree with carpet. You guys do realize that if this does ever happen again with anyone that you will have to accept their picks as well. Nothing against OCK.

Comment

OCK did not post his picks late. He made a honest mistake and posted them in the wrong thread. After talking about this with Jeff I've decided to give him a one time pass. In 2014 I will add this error to our current list of rules.

Comment

Nothing against OCK-But posting in the wrong forum and it counts is stretching things. Look for my 5 picks in the upset of the week thread this week and I hope they count.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                    Nothing against OCK-But posting in the wrong forum and it counts is stretching things. Look for my 5 picks in the upset of the week thread this week and I hope they count.
                    They will NOT count, that's not an honest mistake.

Comment

Originally posted by The Boys View Post
                      They will NOT count, that's not an honest mistake.
                      So what if someone other than myself post in the wrong forum? Then it is deemed an honest mistake?

You know in week ONE you allowed late posters and waived the rules, now in week 5 you allow posting in the wrong forums to count.

Why do you even have rules?

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                        So what if someone other than myself post in the wrong forum? Then it is deemed an honest mistake?

You know in week ONE you allowed late posters and waived the rules, now in week 5 you allow posting in the wrong forums to count.

Why do you even have rules?
                        You are the only one bitching. What's really the problem? I don't see you running a contest. Try it sometime. If you don't like the way this contest is being run take it up with Jeff.

Comment

Listen Mr Boys. I am not bitching simply pointing the inconsistent manner your rules are enforced with. This is my last post on this subject.

CARPET

Comment

Sorry for the problems and controversy this has caused.

I goofed up and made a mistake.

If my picks don't count, that is fine. I posted in the wrong thread, and the picks should not count. Picks need to be made in the correct thread. By counting the picks, this opens up a whole new can of worms. What if the picks were posted in the Mock Hilton thread, but for a different week. I think counting the picks creates too many scenerios in which someone could make a mistake and still have their picks count.

I never asked for my picks to count, only pointed out my error when I saw what I thought was a mistake in the scoring.

I made a mistake and have to live with the consequences. If nothing else, perhaps it will help me be more careful next time.

Again, sorry for all the controversy it caused.

Comment

OCK............Monroe and I talked about this, then I took it to Jeff, we all agreed that it was an honest mistake and we would let it go. Besides if everyone reads the rules you can see that this issue is not covered in them anywhere. I will adjust the rules soon to cover this new issue that has only come up this one time in 3 years. Case closed.

The End

Comment

Working...
                              X