• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thursday Night Football - NY Giants @ Chicago

Current line:
    Chicago -7.5
    NY Giants - 48

The 0-5 Giants are giving up an average of 36.4 ppg, 269 ypg through the air, 12 passing TD's on the year to just 4 INT's and have only generated 5 QB sacks. The Giants D is also tied for 27th in the NFL in rushing yardage given up averaging 126.0 ypg, with an additional 5 TD's on the ground. Cutler is completing over 65% of his passes so far with 10 TD passes already while Matt Forte is averaging 4.6 yds per pop on the ground. Considering the facts, I don't see how the Bears score less than 31 which is the least number of pts the Giants have given up in a single game this year. Heck, even Carolina's sorry offense put 38 up on them.
    Chicago's defense has given up an average of 28 ppg themselves and have allowed a minimum of 21 pts in any single game. They are also dealing with injuries on their defensive line which could potentially aid the Giants offense ( DT starter Henry Melton is out for the season, his backup Stephen Paea missed the game last week due to turf toe (Paea couldn't practice last week), and now Paea's replacement, Nate Collins, went down to a knee injury during the loss to New Orleans)
    Considering the Giants are likely to fall behind quickly and have to play catch-up, and considering the Bears have given up at least 21 in every game I'm liking the OV in this game along with Chicago by at least a TD. I'll buy the half-point and play Chicago -7 and OV 48 but would probably be comfortable even laying 7.5.

yep. good stuff there.

I took the tease with bears and over. Will probably play the over as well.
    Also, took the prop for o4 sacks. The offensive line for the giants is so injury riddled each snap Eli has bodies on him immediately. Even wilson would often get hit in the backfield. Another reason for the run game blowing. It'll blow harder with wilson out which is a shame seeing how the bear's defensive line is injured. Can't take advantage of that.

Anyhow, I like that assessment. If you like 31+ for the bears then take a look at the team total which I believe is at 27.

Goodluck tonight!

Comment

Working...
    X