Is anybody interested in Hockey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anybody interested in Hockey?

It's funny. If you would have asked me a year ago if I would ever watch or bet hockey I would have laughed you out of the room. But, with the shortened season last year and the trends that were coming in, I learned about the teams and actually started to really enjoy watching it. I have made a killing so far this year and have actually reduced my football betting to concentrate more on hockey. Is anyone on here interested in discussing the games either by thread or over the phone?

Originally posted by wisconsin5473 View Post
    It's funny. If you would have asked me a year ago if I would ever watch or bet hockey I would have laughed you out of the room. But, with the shortened season last year and the trends that were coming in, I learned about the teams and actually started to really enjoy watching it. I have made a killing so far this year and have actually reduced my football betting to concentrate more on hockey. Is anyone on here interested in discussing the games either by thread or over the phone?
    You can count me in.

We can do it over a thread and hopefully it will get some traction as the season moves along.

I have posted some hockey in threads here.

I've got the Woodee syndrome. Generally, when I post here I lose, when I don't I do well.

I have built my bankroll more through hockey so far than I have through pro and college football.

I like Boston EVEN money Alternative Moneyline - 3 Way (Regulation only)

Comment

I took Wash and the over tonight, but just for small bets. Both teams are giving up a lot of goals, so it's probably a setup for the under to come in. Wash is due for a win and is 7-1 against Edm the last 8 at home.

Comment

I do still have your number Taxman, so if there aren't many others interested we can text some thoughts so you don't have to worry about posting winners. One thing I started to notice last year and this year so far, Saturdays seem to be strong for the home teams. I know in college basketball home teams tend to cover better on Saturdays I have always assumed because there are more fans on Saturdays. Is it the same for hockey?

Comment

I already wagered on Washington tonight too!
          I saw a stat similar to yours, wash is 9-2 vs ed. at home. Today being a holiday may lead to more people going to the game, hope
          they have a large crowd cheering them on to victory.
          I play 3 different systems, 2 are a chase system and the other is a straight wager.
          Caps are a C wager in 1 of the chase systems, so hopefully they come through.

GL on your Over
          good luck

Comment

Garister, Can you explain your chase system and the ratings?

Comment

yes, there stupid simple and no personal back testing has been done,

I heard from another they had good results.

System 1 - Chase for the whole home stand til you get a win, must be atleast 3 games in a row at home. the closing line, must have a moneyline of -130 or higher on the first game. If a team has 3 or more home games remaining after a win, you play the system on the same home stand. this system is 10-1 on game 1 so far.

(ex:ducks started a 5 game home stand on oct10. their 1st game vs NYR was -130, they won, if next game is -130 or higher they are play cause they have 4 games left, GM2 they won last night too, possible play on wed. if they are -130 or higher since they have 3 games left.) I dont know what the numbers are for each game in the system though.

System 2: play each game SU, no chase, FADE their 2nd game of B2B if they had to fly and are on the road and their opponent is NOT on a B2B.

(EX:Last night Ducks were a play cause they had a day off while their Opp. Sens had to fly overnight from san jose and play 2 days
              in a row. ) Ducks won 4-1. the idea is the fade team is tired, I didnt play first week of season cause they are still fresh. since oct8
              this is 6-3, I heard it went 28-15 last year shortened season

System 3: play the highest dog each day, 6 game chase. the good thing about this system is you always win more than you risk that day.
              EX: when the first game starts you wager on the highest dog at that time. results for this year:
              3L-W-L-2W-2L-2W-2L with ed. pending tonight

Good Luck if you follow!
              good luck

Comment

Thanks for the info!! I like the first 2 systems, not sure what I think of the 3rd one.

Comment

I will be in too guys once baseball ends. I am in full cardinals mode right now. So much that I have let my football capping skip lately.

Just got back from stl yesterday after watching the cards go up 2-0.

Anyway I need to start watching some hockey and I will chime into a weekly thread too.

I started playing hockey a lot last year and won more on it than any other sport.

Comment

I am in to talk some Hockey. I did pretty good last year # 2 at sports bettor.

I follow 2 teams very close the Black Hawks and the Blues.

What a baseball game that was Woodee must have been great to be there in person

Comment

Well Carpet, there is a huge game for the Blues tomorrow against San Jose. 2 of the top teams in the league right now. I have made good money off of both of them, but probably won't bet this one. San Jose is an excellent bet at home. They only lost 2 last year at home. I would probably lean St Louis.

Comment

Let me take a look at this game-get back to you on this one

Comment

Wash looks pretty bad this year. It's tied right now, but they have only gotten of 3 shots against Edm in the first 13 mins. It seems they can only score on the power play.

Comment

The game is in ST LOUIS .

Both teams are undefeated.

Sharks averaging 4.80 goals per game (gpp) vs BLUES 4.75 gpp scored.

This game will come down to goal tending and I see a major advantage for the Blues in this area.

Halik has gone 4-2-0 vs the sharks allowing on 2.29 ggp against the sharks. He has 2 shutouts over SJ in his last 7 games vs them.

Niemi has surrendered 6 goals on 48 shots vs STL both loses.

I like the Blues to win this by 2 goals.

Comment

I would be careful with this game. San Jose hasn't had the scoring and speed as they do this year. Hertl and Nieto are 2 young players who are fast and talented.

Comment

Working...
                              X