Genghis518
    Harnpar
    Hart Attack
    Oldluds
    Ripper
    Tall Texan
    TRYTRYTRY
    Wildcard

Thank you all for participating and if I missed you or made a mistake please let me know asap and I will correct it.

RR84
    Last edited by red raider 84; 10-14-2013, 04:12 PM. Reason: SPELLING

redraider i had Penn State which was winner and it gives me 5 wins please correct

winnersbyt&b

Comment

Originally posted by winnersbyt&b View Post
      redraider i had Penn State which was winner and it gives me 5 wins please correct

winnersbyt&b
      Good call on that game Winners. That was a huge victory for Penn State who seem to be playing some good football at this time.

Comment

HEY FELLAS:

Tell me more about this San Jose st team I keep seeing this name over and over in our upset winners.

Comment

Upset of the week results
          Here are this weeks winners:

Bret3518 had Mizzou over Georgia
          Kdawg had Tulane over EC
          Albatross7 had San Jose st over Colorado st
          Chrny also had San Jose st.
          Winnersbyt&b had Penn st.

Congrats to this weeks winners!!

Here are the up to date standings:

5 WINS:

WinnersbyT&b

4WINS:

Bret3518
          Krichinsky

2WINS:

aakj
          Albatross7
          ALLSPORT
          Bama25
          Bruno100
          Chrny
          Kdawg
          OCK
          Stormy11114
          The Boys
          The Guesser

1WIN:

Bobbyw
          Boone
          Carpet
          Garister
          Genghis518
          Harnpar
          Hart Attack
          Oldluds
          Ripper
          Tall Texan
          TRYTRYTRY
          Wildcard

Winnersbyt&b I had you down for picking Penn st. I put it down as a loss though. Thank you for correcting me and congrats on your win!

Thank you all for participating and if I made any more mistakes please let me know asap and I will correct it.

RR84

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
            Good call on that game Winners. That was a huge victory for Penn State who seem to be playing some good football at this time.
            I had Penn state too post #23. I should have a whopping 2 wins.
            good luck

Comment

Originally posted by garister View Post
              I had Penn state too post #23. I should have a whopping 2 wins.
              Garister, I had you and Winnersbyt&b both with Penn st and for some reason I put Penn st as a loss. Hey you have two more wins than I do. For the record I will go back over all the picks and make sure I get this right. I usually do this and end up correcting several.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
                HEY FELLAS:

Tell me more about this San Jose st team I keep seeing this name over and over in our upset winners.
                Hey Carpet I got all the info on san jose st. My best friend is the starting QB. They could be a very competitive team. The biggest problem is that they lost their coach and took a little time to really get things going. Last years offense relied heavily on short passing plays. They pretty much used the short passing game as their run game. This year the first few weeks they were throwing the ball deep a lot. That didnt really play to their strengths. Fales is a very accurate passer thats the reason he has been seen going in the first round in some NFL mocks. They struggled to get things going on offense the first few weeks. They lost their leading WR in Noel Grigsby to a knee injury. They lost their starting RB Tyler Erving to injury on the first series against Sac st. They also lost another WR jabarii Carr to an ankle injury. They lost their TE (Otten) who was their security blanket in the passing game and LT (Quesenberry) to the NFL. The offense has looked pretty good the past few weeks. The thing that kills me about them is once they get in the redzone they cant score. Majority of their scores are on big plays. Thats one thing that scares me when they have close games. The big question is can they go and drive down field and put the ball in the endzone and I havnt seen that yet. They have a lot of youth in the skill positions. RBs Lawson and Crawley are both Freshman WR Winston and TE Freeman are both freshman. Chandler Jones is a very good WR they just need others to step up to take the attention off him. I was surprised that they were underdogs against Colo st. I know I am bias towards them cuz of Fales just thought they were a better team tho.

On defense is where they seem to be the most unpredictable. They switched to a 3-4 this year and they dont exactly have the best personnel yet. LB Keith Smith i believe leads the nation in tackles. DT Travis Raciti is a beast they just dont have much depth and he gets tired and fades at the end of games. They lack a real good pass rush and they lost DE Johnson who was a very good pass rusher to graduation. Their OLBs are former DEs so they struggle at times in coverage. Their CB Bene Benwikere is a stud. He will be a top DB taken in the draft. A lot of youth in the secondary as well. Their defense really lacks size so when they face a big OLine like they did with Minnesota and Stanford its hard for them to go toe to toe with the big boys in the box. Good thing about the MWC is there arent many teams who have size.

Its hard to tell what you are going to get with this team due to its youth but I think they can compete with every team in the MWC. I think they are adjusting to the new system and the injuries though. I think they could win the rest of their games. Fresno is the only game I look at and question whether they can keep up with. Fresno doesnt exactly have a stout defense though so I think they could keep it close.

Comment

Not a big deal but I believe I had Penn State as well.
                  ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Boone Moone View Post
                    Not a big deal but I believe I had Penn State as well.
                    Boone,

I know and I have corrected and reposted this thread but it must have got squashed. I will bump it up again.

Comment

Working...
                    X