Hockey Tues 13

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hockey Tues 13

So, I guess I will start a running total. Hope I don't get the"Woodee Syndrome."
    So, I will list my plays 1-5 with some 1/2 plays.
    2-0 +200

Tor 2*
    Nash 2*
    Phx 2*
    Pitt 1*

And 2 parlays
    Pitt
    NYI 1*

Pitt
    Colo 1*

I am looking forward to everyone's thoughts today.

Blues -130. Tough at home but sharks are playing well too.

Like carpet, I follow the hawks n blues the most.

Comment

BLUES TO THE BANK TONIGHT

Comment

Minnesota/Toronto OVER 5.5

Toronto is going with backup goalie James Reimer tonight and he’s simply not the same caliber as Bernier. Toronto also have giving up 88 scoring chances which is more than any other team in the NHL.

Minnesota is playing their 3 game in 4 nights. Harding will be in should be in net for all 3 games as the main goaltender, Backstrom is out with a leg injury suffered last week.

One tired team and one team that scores plenty and gives up a ton of scoring chances is my recipe for the OVER

San Jose
        Sorry going opposite here. Blues are a very good team and I expect them to finish 1st or 2nd to Chicago in the division. However, no team in the NHL has looked stronger than the Sharks right now. Dominating every game. Out shooting their opponent by 2 to 1 margin! Against Phoenix, New York Rangers and Ottawa, the Sharks have outshot that trio by margins of 51-23, 47-20 and 50-23. Until I see otherwise, I am going with the freight train!

Columbus:
        Red Wings will play their third game in four days and tail end of back-to-backs after defeating the Bruins in Boston yesterday afternoon. Columbus has been off since Saturday.

Ottawa:
        Coyotes return home from a tough five-game trip and that’s almost always a vulnerable spot. With Phoenix playing in an unfavorable scheduling spot against a Senators team that has been humiliated in back-to-back starts is the perfect recipe for an upset. My diggety dog play of the day!

Comment

Yeah, I like your Columbus play Taxman. They beat them 4 of 5 last year. I am curious to see what happens in the Phx- Ott game. At first Phx jumped off at me. Phx's goalie Smith has won his last 3 against Ott and Ott's goalie Anderson has lost his last 6 to Phx, but I know an old system play was to bet against a team on the 1st home game after a 4 or more game road trip. I have not gone back and figured the numbers lately on this trend, so I guess we can see what happens. Taxman, do you have any numbers on this trend?

Comment

I do have the numbers, I need to find it in one of my removable hard drives.

I do know that teams coming off road games of 5 more were not good in their 1 game back. Fortunately, this is a late game. I'm hoping to have an answer to you by 7 CDT. Give those that follow a couple of hours to make a decision.

Comment

Found it, it is not solid when looking into the range of -130 to -145 on home teams.

The home team is 51-44, but if you bet against the home team you would have been up $929 on $100 bet.

Now I need to find that 3 games in 4 nights.

That's going to take a while.

Comment

Like Columbus too. Was peaking at that one.

Just don't like that clmb had dominated the last few games. Wings have to be tired tho.

Comment

Going to parlay Ottawa and clmbus both at +1.5.

Comment

Here are my plays for the day---1st official plays of the year here too.

0-0 YTD

St. Louis -125 over San Jose...Line dropped by the time I played them.

Ottawa +1.5/Columbus +1.5 ---PARLAY about -110 odds on the parlay.

Winnepeg +110 over Montreal.....Nice home dog here which I always like to throw in.

Tailing that over 5.5 on the toronto game too.

Lean on Chicago under 5.5 but the juice is at -135 now so I passed on it at my book.

Comment

And away I go with my losers....

San Jose dominating.

Comment

Im too scared to post my picks!

Comment

So, here are some afterthoughts on the early games. The 2 correct and easiest bets of the day so far were Toronto and TBay. Tor had Minn on a B2B and off of a win which is something I look for. I had them, but should have had more money on them.
                          TBay had the Kings on there 3rd road game and had won the previous 2. The Kings were something like 2-15 on the road last year. This was an easy bet that I missed. I actually had bet against the Kings on there first game and should have followed it up today.

Comment

Yeah. If I was this bad all of the time I would have quit betting a long time ago !

Comment

Well guys I know nothing about hockey. Being from nor cal the only thing I really know is how good the sharks are and how they always lose in the playoffs. However, I made some bets tonight based on your posts and made some money. Keep it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X