DINGERS NFL PICKS WEEK 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DINGERS NFL PICKS WEEK 8

I developed my own system going on 10 years now. Looking for that magic formula.

I made a modification, ut it really won't kick in about 4 weeks, as I'm still dog heavy

FAVORITES 2 DOGS 11
    HOME: 7 AWAY: 6

Last Week: 8-7
    Overall: 53-49-3

Pick of the Week (POW): Win NY Jets (5-2)
    Top 5: 4-1 (22-13)
    Mock 1: 4-1 (20-14-1)
    Mock 2: 1-4 (19-15-1)
    MOCK 1/2 COMBINED: 39-29-2 (Picking different teams)

Week 2
    Top 5
    POW: 3* Jacksonville +17 (Hate this pick, but SF back-to-back road + traveling 2,000 miles might come out a little flat...in theory)
    2* NYG +5.5 (Calling for the upset here)
    2* OAK +1 (Wrong team favored)
    1* NYJ +6.5 (Jets have been good to me this year)
    1* WAS +13

Best of Rest
    TB +5.5
    DET -3
    KC -7.5
    BUF +12.5
    ATL +2.5
    MIN +10
    STL +10.5

Dinger, I confess that about three weeks ago I was ready to post a reply
    asking why you use 10 different teams in your Mock Hilton picks.
    As opposed to using your top two plays and then adding three different
    teams to each of your entries.
    Anyway, I'm glad I didn't post the question, because you're doing great in your picks.
    Keep it going.

Comment

You may want to look at that Jax pick again. They are playing in London.

I like a lot of others which bodes well for me
      good luck

Comment

Ohhhhh...fudge. That changes things..but that is par for the course as every year I make a miscalculation. Murphy's law normally bites me in the a$$.

Technically it would drop to a 2** pick versus 3**.

Falls into a tie with NYG as what would be my my pick of the week, but Jacksonville would still be it using my tie-breaker.

I only spend about 2 hours a week calculating and mistakes and/or overlooks will happen. Still have a job, family and home to keep...can't be compulsive too much. Thanks for the feedback...Dinger

Comment

Crap...missed something else. Technically it would drop to a 1* and NYG would be my pick of the week.

It would also drop out of my top 5....crud...I already posted Mock Hilton and Pick of the Week.

Comment

no worries man. I hear ya it's hard to cap with all the other stuff. Also have full time job, wife and actually our first little one coming in a few weeks.

Thank god for smart phones and occasional downtime. That and my boss being across the country and me getting to hide away in labs (i work in a lab... not a breaking bad lab) .

I'm not sure I'd take the niners anyhow so the jags could cover. It is in London and there could be whispers to the players to let garbage time be entertaining. Right? That could happen.
            Also, if it moved out of your top 5 and that listing is in order then that would mean TB would have moved up into top 5 and that didn't cover. So, looking good.

Good luck.

Comment

The best of rest is not in order, so STL moves in and Jacksonville out.

My top 5
              2* NYG +5.5 (Calling for the upset here)
              2* OAK +1 (Wrong team favored)
              1* NYJ +6.5 (Jets have been good to me this year)
              1* WAS +13
              1* STL +10.5

Comment

Working...
              X