• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monday Night Footbal - Seattle @ St Louis

current line
    Sea -14
    St L 44

Kellen Clemens at QB for the Rams tonight who has only started around 13 games in his career and none since 2011. Seattle defensive coordinator Dan Quinn is evidently familiar with Clemens from their time together with the Jets where Clemens made 8 of his career starts. Quinn also worked with Rams offensive coordinator Brian Schottenheimer during that time so it's not like they are going in there not having a clue how to prepare for Clemens at least.
    The Rams are unlikely to get their running game going against the Seahawk's rush defense, considering they are only averaging 70ypg game anyway and Seattle has one of the top defenses. St Louis also has 0 rushing TD's on the year. As for passing, the Seahawks defense ranks 2nd in INT's (11), avg passing yards allowed (190.6) and QB passer rating (66.1).
    Trends?
    Seattle is 11-1 SU and 9-3 ATS over its last 12 regular season games and are 5-0-1 ATS in their past six MNF games (7-0-1 ATS in primetime)
    St Louis is 1-5 ATS in their last six MNF games, and just 2-5 ATS this year.

Seattle will be looking to correct some issues from last week's match-up @ Arizona where they gave the Cards primo field position all day and still won by 12. If they do so this should be a decent chance at a cover over a team with a back-up QB, no rushing game and who can't play consistent defense and is giving up nearly 28 ppg.
    St Louis has gone 6-1 to the OV this year and I think Seattle can put up 31. Pete Carroll has no qualms about running up a score either. But not sure I like the OV at 44 enough to bet it, although I'll predict the score at 34-13
    I like Seattle -14 and a 7 pt teaser of Sea -7/OV 37, and I have Sea -5.5/OV 36 to finish a 4 team teaser. Anybody have any thoughts?

Warning: Since 2006, Monday night road favorites of over 9 points are just 1-5 ATS.

Comment

I played Wilson -30.5 passing yds vs Clemmens & Wilson longest comp over 32.5....got a feeling Clemmens in for long night

Comment

A couple absolutely putrid calls resulting in 15 yd penalties on Seattle so far. Not that they aren't playing like shit as a team but crap like that certainly doesn't help. Give me a break.

Comment

I was dead on about that pig Clemens, just didn't figure Wilson to cornhole me. The Zuerlein miss from 50 cost me a very big fantasy win in a large $$ league. Also had the 9-6 MNF square that blew up in my face at the end of the 3Q with that 80 yd blown coverage TD. And finally, I realized that I lost final leg of a teez I put in on Thursday with Seattle -5.5. Typical feeling after another NFL week as I get to eat another large tapered turd. God fukkin damnit I hate the fukking NFL. FUKKKKKKKKKKKK!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X