X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Football Week #10

Good stuff again last week guys.

Besides my picks!

I didnt end up bad except for my big play on Iowa State that killed me.

One so far this week----

Texas Tech -2.5 over K-State---HATE public favs and this is ringing in at 97% so far....BUT I think this line will rise. Going against my betting principles but I see a rebound for tech here, and 2.5 is a small price. KSTate looked decent against ISU last week. But if ISU had its chances, to keep it close. TT is 7-2 off 2 losses... Okie and Okie State. TT by at least 10.

2 more---

BYU +8 at Wiscy

Utah +7 at HOME vs. ASU

Comment

Woodee,

I am going to be out of pocket this week but I will try and put a couple in here later today.

Comment

I am on this ALABAMA game.

LSU +12.0 at BAMA. A Few Stats that jump off the floor when looking at this match up.

DEFENSE: LSU is allowing 21.9 pts a game vs Bama at 9.8. TAKE 21.9 -9.8 =12.1

I can see how the book came to this line using pure math. They forgot a few things IMO.

PENALTIES: LSU is horrible in drawing a flag, So far this year 57 times that yellow flag flew for a total of 462 yards. BAMA on the other side of the coin has been hit 40 times for 334 yards. Look for the home town noise and pure lack of discipline LSU will continue this trend.

SPECIAL TEAMS: A key area to look at and everything I see BAMA is head and shoulders better at Special Teams than LSU.

My numbers clearly come in BAMA by 21

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
          2 more---

BYU +8 at Wiscy
          Woodee be very careful with that pick, Wisky will dominate this game at home this team is pretty darn good on both sides of the ball. BYU flying all the way cross country to play in the rain.

Wisky should cover this game by 13

Comment

ADD NAVY TO YOUR RADAR.

NAVY -17 at home vs Hawaii.

ND could not stop this triple sweep option run game of Navy and Hawaii will not either, Big weekend for the Military- Navy will be fired up-this is my game of the week.

Comment

Ball St vs Cent Mich...Dont love the -21 but probably throw them in with a teaser. I really like Ball st as a 2nd half team. they have been solid in the 2nd half all year. We will have to see what the score and spread is for the 2nd half though. So if ur interested in some action on wednesday check that 2nd half line. I see this game being high scoring though so I will be taking the OVER..

Comment

Ball St vs Cent Mich...Dont love the -21 but probably throw them in with a teaser. I really like Ball st as a 2nd half team. they have been solid in the 2nd half all year. We will have to see what the score and spread is for the 2nd half though. So if ur interested in some action on wednesday check that 2nd half line.

Comment

I took out the over play saw its suppose to be raining. I hate playing games when the weather is bad.

Comment

didn't read any posts prior to this game but got gut hooked on ball-less st in 2H. another fine week is off & running!

I love ND & Navy this week. Leans towards BYU & Bama. Usually a mortal kiss of death to post opinions on what I like. gambling gods have cornholed me so hard & far this year I can taste my own colon.

Comment

What are you guys thinking tonight ?

I like okie and Oregon myself.

Comment

Was going to play the 2nd half line but didn't cuz they were up 31-3 they were going to play it conservative in the 2nd half.

With OUs secondary and that explosive Baylor offense Im not touching this game. I think it's going to be a close game but I don't trust that secondary enough to make a play on it.

The Oregon/Stanford game is a tough one. If Oregon wins it will be because it is their kind of game explosive and high scoring. And if it is that kind of game I think they cover. Now if Stanford wins I think it will be a lower scoring close smash mouth game. So I would honestly just go with who you think is going to win SU. I don't see Oregon pulling out a close game and I don't see Stanford being able to keep up in a high scoring game.

Comment

Oregon has huge revenge for their lone loss last year when Stanford beat them at home 17-14 in OT. Oregon was 10-0 at the time and that game knocked them out of the running for the national championship. Stanford's defense hasn't given up more than 28 pts in any game this year, but their offense also has scored less than 24 in 3 straight games.
                          Some trends,
                          Stanford is 11-1 at home against their last 12 ranked opponents
                          Stanford has won 13 straight at home and is 34-3 at home since the end of 2007
                          Stanford has won 30 of their last 31 games played in the state of California, with the only loss against Oregon in 2011
                          Oregon has won nine of the last 11 meetings, including four of the last five at Stanford

A surprising fact is that Oregon actually has the better scoring defense between these two this year giving up an avg of 16.9 ppg compared to Stanford's 19.4 ppg allowed. Oregon blows them away on offense averaging 632 ypg compared to Stanford's 389.6 ypg which is only slightly better than Colorado who is at the bottom of the conference in offensive ypg.
                          Oregon has the way better offense, and at worst an equal defense. I think Oregon wins and covers this game and I'll guess a final score of 42-24.

Comment

It's funny looking at the Oklahoma-Baylor match-up how similar the stats appear to Oregon compared to Stanford. Baylor has had a much easier schedule than Oklahoma. Oklahoma has played ND, TCU, Texas and Texas Tech and Baylor really hasn't played anybody yet.
                            I think I'm with woodee liking Oregon -10 and Oklahoma +16.

Comment

Alabama has had a really hard time with LSU in T-town. LSU has a hell of a lot to play for and I believe that they will give Alabama a fit. You know I don't think much of LSU's qb but he is streaky and I think there will be holes in the secondary and LSU has a legit shot to win the game.

My other thought is Baylor will win tonight. Oklahoma will play them really tough early but will falter late and Baylor will cover..

Comment

Working...
                              X