Clear All

give me the dog

Comment

FLA ST

42-28

Comment

Auburn

Comment

Guess I screwed the pooch by pre-posting - giving dragon1952 the obvious choice of FSU and 73. And he gets the soft -8.5 line that we posted early instead of today's -10. It's all lined up against me! ;-)

My fault. I didn't think I'd be available to post.

C'mon Auburn! One more miracle! Or a backdoor garbage TD at the end to cover! Or failing that, a high scoring game. I assume dragon1952 went with a total of 73, one under my 74, but maybe he went 75.

At least I'm guaranteed 2nd place. This may just cost me $50.

This is the reverse of the Woodee rule. This could go down as the Widestrides Blunder! I wouldn't change to FSU - don't want to root for the rapist, but I might have changed to a lower total. I just wish dragon1952 would have been forced to think about taking Auburn, not knowing who I had picked.

Of course, if dragon1952 really liked Auburn, he would have to go with them as he will lose 2nd place to one of the others nipping at his heels who will take Auburn and overtake him if Auburn covers. Tough choice actually, but FSU seems to be the choice based on line movement. Of course, line movement went big for Alabama and the KC Chiefs, and Stanford and Baylor and look what happened there.

GLTA!

Comment

auburn + 8.5
            total 77

Comment

Originally posted by widestrides View Post
              Guess I screwed the pooch by pre-posting - giving dragon1952 the obvious choice of FSU and 73. And he gets the soft -8.5 line that we posted early instead of today's -10. It's all lined up against me! ;-)

My fault. I didn't think I'd be available to post.

C'mon Auburn! One more miracle! Or a backdoor garbage TD at the end to cover! Or failing that, a high scoring game. I assume dragon1952 went with a total of 73, one under my 74, but maybe he went 75.

At least I'm guaranteed 2nd place. This may just cost me $50.

This is the reverse of the Woodee rule. This could go down as the Widestrides Blunder! I wouldn't change to FSU - don't want to root for the rapist, but I might have changed to a lower total. I just wish dragon1952 would have been forced to think about taking Auburn, not knowing who I had picked.

Of course, if dragon1952 really liked Auburn, he would have to go with them as he will lose 2nd place to one of the others nipping at his heels who will take Auburn and overtake him if Auburn covers. Tough choice actually, but FSU seems to be the choice based on line movement. Of course, line movement went big for Alabama and the KC Chiefs, and Stanford and Baylor and look what happened there.

GLTA!
              To be perfectly honest I didn't do the computations before I picked so I had no idea where I stood, nor did I look at anyone else's picks to determine which way I was going. All I knew is that I had to be pretty close the the top, but then again Ball St lost after I posted so I was sure until today. Hope that makes you feel better :^ )

Comment

OMG....I just looked at my picks and I evidently picked Ark St. I would have sworn I picked Ball St. I even bet on them last night. What a dumb ass. Oh well, the game didn't go over so I would have lost anyway.

Comment

e-mail sent...

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
                    To be perfectly honest I didn't do the computations before I picked so I had no idea where I stood, nor did I look at anyone else's picks to determine which way I was going. All I knew is that I had to be pretty close the the top, but then again Ball St lost after I posted so I was sure until today. Hope that makes you feel better :^ )
                    Ha! I knew you had Arky State!

Well, either way you picked there was going to be somebody behind you who could beat you for second place, so you just had to pick who you think would cover. The -8.5 line sorta increased the % towards FSU, but is that smart money or square money moving that line?

Will be interesting to see your pick and total.

GL!

Comment

Just waiting on MonroeEaford and Bama25's picks.

Comment

Auburn

looks like dragon has been using the 24oz. IPA picking method again.

wisconsin, thanks for all the updated posts. You did a great job!

Comment

email sent

Comment

Ok, the picks are in. Widestrides, I was going to let you rechoose when I posted last night, but Dragon had already emailed his pick and I didn't know if you were around or not.

Widestrides 33 pts. Auburn 74
                            Dragon1952 30 pts. Fla St. 66
                            bobomax 29 pts. Fla St. 61
                            MonroeEaford 29 pts. Auburn 73
                            o2manscot 28 pts. Fla St 73
                            Sakras 28pts. Fla St 69
                            Winnersby&by 28pts. Fla St 55
                            Bama25 27 pts. Auburn 79
                            noname 27 pts. Auburn 49

So, basically if Auburn covers Widestrides will get 1st place and MonroeEaford will get 2nd. If Fla St covers it will come down to the points for 1st and 2nd between Widestrides and Dragon1952.
                            Good Luck everyone!!!

Comment

pick sent in a little after 12 today.

Comment

Originally posted by Krichinsky View Post
                                Auburn

looks like dragon has been using the 24oz. IPA picking method again.
                                It's either that or Herbert the Bird :^ )

Comment

Working...
                                X