No announcement yet.

DINGERS NFL Super Bowl Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ask yourself this- Is Denver much stronger than they were last year? If you believe they are-based on what?

Last year they lost to all of the strong teams they played except Pittsburgh and that was the first game of the year. Like I said previously, they have won this year but they haven't played teams that were as strong as the strong teams they lost to last years. Seattle is a very strong team.

Denver is not playing as strong defensively as they did last year and they are without their best defensive player (Von Miller). Scoring a lot of pts. against weak teams may mislead people into thinking this team is better than they really are (IMO). The Super Bowl will likely play out like the games they played against solid teams last season. Where have they improved to make anyone believe differently?

Denver will not score as high as they need to win this game against a solid team that will score enough points to beat them. Getting Seattle and pts. is in fact high value.

Comment

Denver played 9 games against playoff teams this year and went 6-3. Seattle played 7 and went 5-2. I don't know what the hell last year has to do with anything. Denver went 1-3 in their first 4 games last year, which can possibly be chalked up to growing pains with a new QB who had missed an entire year, but then they reeled off 11 in a row before losing to a very good Baltimore team in OT. They're 28-7 the past 2 seasons and haven't lost a game by more than 7, and they're 26-4 in their last 30 games. You talk about Denver scoring a lot of points against weak teams, 7 of their wins were against teams with losing records. How many of Seattle's wins do you think were against teams with losing records? How about 9. Yes, Seattle is probably the strongest team this year, but I think you are underestimating Denver a little.

Comment

Originally posted by dragon1952 View Post
        Denver played 9 games against playoff teams this year and went 6-3. Seattle played 7 and went 5-2. I don't know what the hell last year has to do with anything. Denver went 1-3 in their first 4 games last year, which can possibly be chalked up to growing pains with a new QB who had missed an entire year, but then they reeled off 11 in a row before losing to a very good Baltimore team in OT. They're 28-7 the past 2 seasons and haven't lost a game by more than 7, and they're 26-4 in their last 30 games. You talk about Denver scoring a lot of points against weak teams, 7 of their wins were against teams with losing records. How many of Seattle's wins do you think were against teams with losing records? How about 9. Yes, Seattle is probably the strongest team this year, but I think you are underestimating Denver a little.
        Bring up last year has to do with not paying so much attention to stats./wins and losses and evaluating the strength of the teams you are watching with your own eyes. It also has to do with knowing a strong or weak team when you see them (IMO), The regular season and "money time" are two very different things.

Teams usually revert to "form or type" under high pressure. Denver lost to all but one really good team in 2012 and they haven't played teams in 2013 that were as strong as those teams. I'll give them credit for scoring a lot of pts. against weaker teams (if that would please you) but it really means absolutely nothing to me. I know their defense is not improved or strong enough to beat Seattle- especially if P. Harvin contribute offensively. "Time tells all tales" my friend but I do not believe I am underestimating what I have been seeing these last two years. Defense usually wins under these type of conditions (IMO). Seattle will keep Manning from going down field and disrupt Denver's ability for the big gain/quick strike that usually beats weaker teams. Seattle also tackles better than most (if not all of) the NFL. That ability contributes greatly to why they are the best defensive team.

Comment

Working...
        X