No announcement yet.

Conference tourney play and discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only thing that worries me about Manhatten is their effort against Quinnipiac last night in that 2nd half. They had double revenge for 2 earlier losses, it was tied at HT and then they put forth an extreme effort in the 2nd half and just blew them away both offensively and defensively. Be interesting to see if that carries through or if it drained them a little emotionally.
    Of course I had Quinnipiac +6 and thought I was looking really good at HT :^ /

Comment

I'll try a couple.
      Gonzaga -7 vs St Mary's - Gonzaga has beaten St Mary's twice by an average of around 25 pts. St Mary's 11-7 league record contains just 1 win against a top 4 conference team.
      San Francisco +5 vs BYU - SF has lost twice to BYU but by just 7 and 5, and with BYU's lack of defense the Don's can hang.

Comment

I like that Norfolk State -11 play. Going to tail you on that one. I've been looking at it all day. On paper, its a total mismatch.

I went back and forth on Manhatten too. Just feel like they have the hotter hand right now. Going to be a good one!

Might play San Fran too, but will wait to see what the line does.

St.Mary-Zaga is interesting. Like you said, Zags have destroyed them both times this year. Should be the same story tonight but you never know. If I play anything, I may play SMC +3.5 1st half??

Comment

BTW, I got smoked yesterday...Glad I did not post!

I had Davidson ML in the back part of a nice parlay with Maryland.

How do they get beat SU??? That summed up my day yesterday for sure!!

Wofford-W-Carolina will be a good one....Davidson was suppose to run away with it but it is march madness in that conference!

Comment

Brutal night for me 0-2

Comment

Originally posted by Carpet View Post
              Ohio -13.5 over ball state

NFOLK ST-11.0 over MD E Shore

Brutal night for me 0-2
              My condolences. Both of those looked like blow-outs early on too.

Comment

1-0 for me with Mathatten. But lost that Norfolk play too. That one looked easy on paper like I said.

I stayed off St. Marys thank goodness. Good call on the zags.

----
                Tuesday--

Does anyone elses' book have Robert Morris Circled? I like them SU ML and was trying to put them in a parlay but Wager Web just circled all the small games for today so I cannot parlay them. Just curious. I=On my line feed other books have them unciclred...

Comment

Florida A&M +1.5 over Deleware State....
                  Lots of line movement on this one. I think A&M is the better team here. Scraes me that am started out favored but I am going to roll with what looks like the more complete team. they did knock off NC Central the conf. champions and by far the best team in the league earlier in the year.

Lean on BYU and under in that game too.

Comment

WRIGHT STATE -6 over Wisc Ml

PRINCETON -14 over Penn

FL AM -1.5 over Delaware St (Got on this early before the line swing) Still sitcking with it

N Dakota ST -8 over IFW

Comment

I'm going to go with Gonzaga again at -5 vs BYU. They should be fresher and have a better defense. BYU had quite a few guys with a lot of minutes last night in an extremely tough OT match-up against SF.

Comment

These smaller conference tourney games are very difficult to handi-cap

GL ALL TONIGHT

Comment

Money lines aren't up yet, but I think there is some value in picking out the dogs
                          that look good as straight up winners in the conference tournaments.
                          Think there is better value this week/weekend than when we go on to the dance.
                          My Wed. leans, with current odds:
                          Strong
                          W. VA. (+2.5) over Texas
                          Wake (+3.5) over Notre Dame
                          N. Ill (+4.5) over E. Mich

Considering
                          S. Fla (+2.5) over Rutgers
                          Temple (+1) over C. Fla.
                          Ill (+2) over Indi

Since I'm not a strong fan of many plays, I'm going with maybe 2 or 3 picks. Let's see
                          where the M/Ls go. Any thought$ are welcome.

Comment

I cannot believe wright state lost on their home court. Milwaukee is hot.
                            Wrights fans must be disgusted!!

I was on them ml with the pacers in the NBA. Ticks me off.

Winner with am tho.

Comment

Early games Wednesday---

Boston College +2 (Bought 1/2) over Ga Tech

Comment

One more--

Virginia Tech +8 (bought 1/2) over Miami Florida

Just noticed I am 5-0 on my posted plays so far in this thread. (And now that I mentioned it I am now jinxed...)

Comment

Working...
                                X