No announcement yet.

Conference tourney play and discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting ready to step out on a limb on this one!!!!! Gambling with Grambling St.!!

Grambling St. +16.5

They played Texas Southern twice this year. Losing at home 74-72 (TX S largest lead was 11) and losing at Texas Southern 74-71 (TX S largest lead was 14).

This is an odd number (losing to this team by 2 & 3 and Texas Southern's largest lead in both games was 14). I think it is based solely on Grambling's record of 4-23 going into the tournament, they won yesterday against Jackson State.

Comment

Sorry woodee, that B.C. game was a killer. I always have a sense of doom
      when the games go into OT.

Carpet, any thoughts on the Illini and their opener tomorrow would be appreciated.
      Today, I took two M/L plays, Wake and N. Illinois, so still have W. Va and Illinois
      in mind on Thursday.

Comment

That Grambling St. pick really stunk!

I'll try to redeem myself.

There are a few games I really really like.

Long Beach State -7 over Cal State Fullerton
        As I told you earlier, even though that game I selected lost, LBS has been a very good conference team. There record is overshadowed by playing very stiff non-conference competition (AZ, VCU, NC St., K St twice, Michigan, Creighton, WA). Cal St. Fullerton, 1 road conference win. LBS, better team, better competition, better win this game going away or I'm in trouble!

Minnesota -4.5 (bought down to -4)
        I just cannot figure out Penn State. They are solid at home and took down Ohio State twice! Minnesota just rolled them by 18 at home over the weekend. Can they do it again or is Penn State playing with revenge? Minnesota is on the bubble and they need this game badly to get in. Neutral court will minimize Penn State in my opinion. Just going with the more talent and hungrier team.

Creighton -16.5 (bought down to -16)
        I hate laying this amount of chalk. However, DePaul pulled a stunner out of no where!~
        But just look at the conference stats. DePaul is last in D in 6 categories, including 2 point and 3 point FG defensive. Care to guess who's #1 in offense, Creighton!
        Bad match up and will DePaul have anything left in the tank after taking down Georgetown? Creighton needs a good showing in the tournament for a possible 2 seed.

Comment

I didn't suck today!

Comment

Great pick$ Taxman.

Comment

Going with,
              Neb +5.5 - maybe the hottest team in the Big 10 right now?
              N. Car. - PK - 12 game winning streak broken by Duke last time out. Pit played last night and NC rested

Comment

Adding,
                Cin - Pk vs UConn
                Duke -9.5 vs Clemson - 3 out of the last 4 for Clemson have gone to OT, including last night. Duke got embarrassed at Clemson earlier and are way more rested physically and emotionally.
                Ari -11.5 vs Colo - Ari had no problem with Colo during the season beating them by 12 and 27, plus Ari had a cakewalk last night and should be much fresher.
                Louis -19.5 vs Houston - Louis can just destroy Hou if they want to.

Comment

I LIKE ALL YOUR PICKS DRAGON IN THE LATE GAMES-NICE CALL ON NEB GAME.

SYRACUSE -8 over NC State- Just to much zone for NC State to over come.

LOUISVILLE -18 over Houston- Loui should dominate

SD ST -4 vs UNLV Just love the way SD ST plays defense

AZ -11 over CO- AZ is solid and big inside should rolls in this game

CREIGHTON -5.5 over xavier- I have got to ride the mcdermott wave

DUKE -9.5 over clemson- Outside shooting of duke will be to much for clemson.

New Mex St -10.5 over CS Bufallo NMST is a pretty decent ball team should cover this spread

GL ALL

Comment

OK,....so let's kick some ass!

Comment

SATURDAY PLAYS

MICHIGAN -1.5 over OSU (Should be a close one)

LOUISVILLE -8 over UCON - Cards paying high level ball right now

SDST -1.5 over NM Sticking with the defense on this one

Creighton -7 over Providence-Mcdermott and his shooting is key here

IOWA ST -1 over Baylor

Comment

Been out of the loop the last couple days. Been playing but not able to post.
                        Average results.

Sunday--
                        One so far. Going to watch the line a bit as the public usually pounds duke.

Virginia +1 over duke

Carpet , what are you thinking on the michigan game? Izzo had his troops peaking once again I think.

Maybe Lafayette over Georgia state too.

And I think Florida will handle Kentucky again.

Comment

Woodee

You are right Mich State is peaking the key is they are getting healthy and starting to Jell at the right time. Michigan is the best shooting team in the Big 10 but they really struggled vs Illinois in a zone. I look for Izzo to mix and match defenses and contain Michigans offense.

Michigan State by 8

Comment

ADDING FLORIDA -5.5 Agree with woodee on this one also

Comment

Florida fails to cover and wins had that game covered not worth the point spread to follow them any more Michigan State would them hand down iniside beat down

Comment

Working...
                              X