• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA TOURNAMENT-Discussion Thread-Rounds 2 and 3

Wanted to jump in with a few early thoughts. Biggest surprise pick for
    me was N.C. State. They had a horrible pre-conference schedule and
    muddled along in a league that has too many teams (and more than a few not
    very good). The NCAA claims that the at large picks are based on the overall schedule, but it looks
    like 4 wins in March got the Wolfpack an invite.

Louisville's #4 seeding shows that the NCAA commitee had little respect
    for the AAC. Yet the LV Hilton puts the odds for the Cardinals to repeat
    as champs at 15-1. That is tied for the fifth best odds along with Virginia,
    Duke, Wichita St. and Syracuse. I think Louisville could work their way
    back into at least the elite 8.

Two early Picks:
    Memphis -2.5 over G.W.
    Cincinnati -3 over Harvard-Think this has moved to 3.5

Lastly, really enjoyed watching St. Joes and Iowa St play in their tournaments.
    Two to watch.

Should have added "Round 1", since N.C. St is in a play in game.

Comment

Louisville and Michigan State should make deeps runs into the tourney-Both teams are playing excellent basketball right now

My upset special is Stephen F Austin over VCU-The Lumberjacks rely on defense and have won 28 straight games

Comment

Looking quick I think my fav play in the early rounds is Colorado +5.5 over Pitt.

Pitt has trouble scoring at times and that is opposite of what Colorado does. Think this is a close one.

Also LOVE Iowa over Tenny. The SEC is week. Line opened up at Iowa +2 but has been bet down to a pk. Iowa wins SU. Tougher schedule and coming in with a chip on thier shoulder. Tenny has been inconsistent all year and lacks scoring threats too.

Comment

Woodee-With all due respect I just can't trust Iowa in this game, A loss to Illinois late in the season Iowa looks like they are in a tail spin to me losing 6 out of last 7 games including the last 3 in a row.

TN played Florida tough-they are Big inside and very athletic. I am picking Iowa in my pool only due to being a BIG 10 team but I sure am not betting on them.

Comment

I am playing iowa based on conference too.

The SEC is the worst of major conferences. I don't think Florida is all that great myself.

Iowa is coming in focused and should play like the team they were for 75% of the year.

Comment

My play o' the day:

Mt. St. Mary's +2
              Granted they are 16-16 they played: UWV, BYU, Michigan St., Penn St. and Villanova. Albany only played Pitt and Vermont 3x for team in the top 100.
              I know defense wins championships, but Mt. St. Mary's can score and actually they were 4th in their conference in defense. Northeastern conference is better than the American East. I'll take the points, but I won't need them.

Xavier -3
              Both teams equally strong on offense. Xavier average 35% from 3 while NCSt is 30%. Xavier has the better the D, they play man to man, NCSt. plays zone. In my opinion, I would say that Clemson and Florida State were both better than NC State. Those teams should have been in the tournament than the Wolfpack. Leaning OVER as well.

Comment

Going with Mt. St Marys too. Albany is getting the respect for hanging with Duke in the tourney last year. MSM is better.

Comment

Iowa got steamed to -3 today due to a right angle sports release. If you like Tenny, jump on those points!

Comment

Originally posted by woodee12 View Post
                    Going with Mt. St Marys too. Albany is getting the respect for hanging with Duke in the tourney last year. MSM is better.
                    Good point Woodee, that's why I the banter at BW.

Note that only 2 starters remain from last year's team.

Comment

Bad start!!!

Wow.

Nothing worse than being on the wrong side of a 13-0 run to start the game!

Comment

Ha ha...scary start but starting to look OK now

Comment

Wow, those were bad picks yesterday.

I'm going light today for entertainment. I like some game tomorrow.

Comment

Looking hard at first round games-Is it me or do the lines look infalted?

Comment

I'm finding it hard to look at any favs for Thursday or Friday.

Like Oregon possibly as a fav or in a ml parlay.

I read and listen to so much bs this week, I forget what learned the whole season capping on my own. Not good.

Comment

Working...
                              X