Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Belmont

Any insoght on the race Saturday?

I am holding a +210 ticket from last week that Cali Chrome wins the Triple crown so going to probably hedge that a bit with my track bets.

My top 4 are---

#2 Chrome

#9--Wicked Strong

#8 --Commissioner

#4 Commanding Curve

Probably play an Exacta Box with those 4.

I think if anyone beats Chrome, it will be Wicked Strong.

Others I peaked at are:

Samratt, and Meal Count. Longer shots that might be worth a play in an exotic?

Here are my thoughts and picks for Belmont:

#9 Wicked Strong: This distance is set up perfect for this closling Horse and should edge out chrome at the finish. I wonder if they will applly nose trips to wicked strong for the race.

# 2 Chrome- I like chrome alot-two things concern me-the first is the extra 1/4 mile I do not think he can hang on that long. The second his the Jockey (Espinoza) who is just 2 for 67 in starts at belmont.

# 4 Commanding Curve-This extra 1/4 miles is just what this horse needs to stay in the hunt.

# 5 Ride on Curlin-I really liked what I saw from this horse last race and it's ability to close-Major concern is that he has ran the first two legs and could be getting a bit tired-The last two morning runs the hosre is not running as strong-could be a bad sign.

9 to Win
    2 to Place
    4 to show

TRI-9-2-4- Box
    Super-9-2-4-5

Comment

carpet/woodee,
      I like your thoughts on Commanding Curve. Even with the extra distance, closers haven't been able to pass the winning horse
      that gets in front early. Was surprised at how many winners have lead from start to finish.
      I'm looking at #11 Tonalist in the mix as well.
      More to come.......

Comment

Maybe heart over head here:
        $5 Tri-2over/4,5,9,11/4,5,9,11 =$60.00

In case Cali and Wicked don't hold to form:
        $10.00 to win #8 and $10 to win $11

#1 Medal Count getting some love from Tom Forde (yahoo), but see at best a 4th place finish.

Seems like a very smart horse, so lets hope his team has learned from previous tries at the crown and not get boxed
        out on the backstretch or make a front move too early.
        GL

Comment

With Tonalist win +$22.
          Darn, could you hear how quite the crowd went as the horses finished?

Great payouts for the Tri & Super
          !

Comment

No Triple Crown winner has ever won the Belmont in a field of more than 8.

Spectacular Bid is the only horse to fail to with the TC with a field of 8 or less since Affirmed won it.

There were 11 horses in this years race.

Since Affirmed won the last Triple Crown, there have been 24 Belmont Stakes with 10 or more horses.

In the 100 years before Affirmed won the Triple Crown, there were NINE (the first several BS in the 1800s regularly had more horses).

This might be the most over-rated, and overhyped accomplishment in sports. Under the present system another horse winning the Triple Crown would be a miracle of monumental proportions.

Take it under advisement for upcoming TC bids over the next several years.

Comment

Working...
            X