Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

July Baseball-Post your daily top plays here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• July Baseball-Post your daily top plays here!

If you are playing baseball jump in and post your plays.

Helps me narrow down my best ones if there is some chatter going on. July is a good month to start as we have seen what teams are made of.

I took a break to end June as I hit a slide.

My current record of posted plays here this year is:
    40-38
    +$123 based on a $100 wager (which I don't wager that much in baseball actually but easy to track with ML).

My observations so far on my betting loses....Don't bet against streaks. Even good teams can lose 10 in a row. I lost a good chunk of my profit plaing the Rays, Red Sox, Tigers when they went on huge losing slides in June. Now the Rays start to play well....

So onto July--Jump on it and feel free to use this thread and let's make some money. I don't play everyday but hope to post my 2-3 strongest plays per day if I see that many. But like to stick to 1-2 plays per day.

Wednesday--

La Dodgers/Indians UNDER 7.5 (-120)

Mets/ATL Under 7.5 (-125)

One more--

Giants +1.5 (-135) over STL---Can't bet the cards right now with thier offensive troubles. Lean to under 6.5 also.

Comment

Chicago White Sox +128 Love John Danks and hated it when Rangers traded him away for a couple of guys no longer on the team. Sox at home as a dog. Love this spot.

Comment

Sunday.

Brewers -120. ***3 unit play***largest bet of baseball so far for me!!

Comment

3 unti winner yesterday. Good way to send the 1st half.

Will update my record later...

Home Run Derby---

I think Todd Frazier or Justin Morneau are good bets for the NL.

Josh Donaldson for the AL as a longer shot with Cespedes a more chalky play.

Morneau vs. Cepedes Finals

Cespedes Repeats I think....

No bets yet for me but +500 on Frazier or +600 on Morneau to be the NL finailist looks like the best value....

Comment

Home Run Derby

Cespedes looked unbeatable last year but now he's got 9 to beat and all 9 are different than last year. Some really big boys this year. Stanton 6'6" and 242 lbs for crying out loud, and a ton of 6'3" 225 + guys.
            I went with 3 choices,
            Adam Jones +1500
            Yasiel Puig +500
            Troy Tulowitzki +800

eliminated the 2 over 30 plus the defending champ (Cespedes) and the favorite (Stanton) thinking one of the younger guys will win, Cespedes won't win 2 in a row and that the favorite probably doesn't win all that often.

Comment

After the 1st round where Cespedes hit 2 HR out of 3 swings in he swing-off I got him at +500 to win. Shades of last year. Now against Frazier in the final tempted to bet the farm on Cespedes -500 but I think I'll pass and settle for even on he day.

Comment

Was right with cespedes Didn't bet him tho.

Did play Frazier to the finals. That was a gift. No way Stanton gets shut out but it happened!

What's your take on the game?

Over possibly at the 7.5. Think it gets to 8.

Lean to the AL to win also.

Comment

Frazier vs Cespedes....what a mismatch. Couldn't justify 100 to win 20 though. That's just stupid. Actually ended up winning though betting 4 guys at the same amount.
                  Congrats on Frazier......that was def a miracle....ha ha. Obvious tonight that most of these guys just can't hit a slow ball. The timing is way different. I remember trying to play slo-pitch softball after playing fast-pitch for a while and I was like swinging before the ball got half way there. Of course nobody knew and thought I was just a spass....ha ha.
                  As for the game, I haven't really looked at it yet but I definitely will.

Comment

Well the all star game is upon us and time to start getting ready for football season. However in the meantime the american league is going to pull out all the stops tonight and win the game 4 dime bet on the american league .. you will be thanking me later. cheers

Comment

I like the A.L. as well. I think the N.L. pitching will falter in the later innings. Also leaning UN 7.5 at -125.
                      A.L. by a score of 4-2 or 5-2

Comment

Thanks for the pick. Like the AL too.

Playing the over 7.5 at +105 myself.

Comment

winner on the over. Landed on 8 as i thought could happen. Line opened at 8 but was bet to 7.5 quickly sunday night.

YTD record on posted plays...

43-40 +368

Onto the 2nd half!

Teams to watch with some good value with streaks in them---
                          Pirates
                          Royals
                          Reds
                          Nats
                          Indians

Comment

Friday--

Grand Salami-- UNDER 120.5

goot pitching match ups plus bats are sometimes off coming off break. Think its a low scoring day.

Comment

44-40
                              +468

Been Busy so back at it this week.

Tuesday--

KC -125 over White Sox

Cards -159 over Rays

Comment

Working...
                              X